to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
JP34

What Gun Should I Get

Been looking at guns to buy and I cant decide what is the best. I am going to playing field and they put a limit at 400fps. Looking to pay around $150 give or take. What are the best brands and the best place to buy it? Please recommend what you think I should get?

The place I will be playing at is Hollywood Sports in case you what to check out the rules or anything.

Been looking at guns to buy and I cant decide what is the best. I am going to playing field and they put a limit at 400fps. Looking to pay around $150 give or take. What are the best brands and the best place to buy it? Please recommend what you think I should get?

The place I will be playing at is Hollywood Sports in case you what to check out the rules or anything.

$150 will not get you very far. your best bet would be to go for a full metal JG M4, and then you could upgrade it as you go along. an alternative would be a G&G streamline or a classic army streamline.

Guest alberty

With $150 you still have a decent variety of options on the market. If you can't give us more information to help narrow it down, it won't go too far except everyone recommending a bunch of different M4s or the JG G36C.

With $150 you still have a decent variety of options on the market. If you can't give us more information to help narrow it down, it won't go too far except everyone recommending a bunch of different M4s or the JG G36C.

What other info would help you out? Is there a big difference in quality and selection if I go up to $200 budget if not how much do I need to spend to get a good quality gun that will last.

Guest alberty

Hm, I have a feeling that you're looking for guns with the term "Full Metal" in the listing. You should not base your decision on that, because full metal is not an indicator of quality. There is a difference between the metal body of a cheap gun and the metal body of a high quality gun. Also, that only refers to the externals, as the internal quality is something different.

All of those links you have posted are kind of mediocre choices. True they are more budget-oriented, but I think you can better quality while still staying in your price range.

If you slightly bump up above $150 to at most say $200 for a base gun, you can jump up to some higher quality. That little price difference does open you up to a few better choices. I can't name a few off the top of my head right now, sorry.

I also would not suggest shopping on Airsoft Megastore unless they have something specific that other retailers do not carry. Their "was" or "MSRP" comparison prices are not really accurate or at least not a realistic standard because pretty much no other retailer charges the supposed "original" prices. If you look at the same models on the other big retailers such as Airsoft GI and Evike, you'll see Airsoft Megastore's "special" prices are the same as everyone else's. It's a misleading practice to trick uninformed buyers into thinking they're receiving some whopping discount or wholesale price or something.

If nothing goes wrong with an Airsoft Megastore order than at best it's probably the same level of quality as a transaction from Evike or Airsoft GI.

Edited by alberty

Because people have different opinions and I try to avoid absolutes. Personally I think they're the best in the under $200 category. But if the OP wants to fork over $220 then the Lonex is the best on the market.

Where can I find the Lonex? I looked on Airsoft GI and only found upgrades and the $340 one.

I would recommend you getting a G&G combat machine m4a1 from Evike. It costs 140$ and it comes with a 450 rounds extended mag. The barrel assembly, stock tube, and sights are metal. It also comes with crane stock. But the reciever is plastic. It does't really matter. Its actually an advantage, because the gun weighs close to 5 pounds. Its gearbox is also very reinforced and has 8mm bushings. Its made out of zinc. The only problem is that it shoots around 350fps. You can easily buy a 3$ M110 spring from airsoft club. This will bring your fps to around 400, and if its too high, you can always cut a little bit off and chrono it to the prefered fps limit at holy wood sports park.