My KWA SR10's hop-up has a unique issue. At full hop-up the bb's were not curving upwards, although the protrusions in the barrel moved appropriately. I took the hop-up apart and cleaned every part and reinstalled, all the time checking the nubs that protrude into the barrel which always worked correctly. Now the range is a bit better, but I never get the bb to curve upwards and at full hop-up the bb curves downward until I back off the hop-up a bit.

My KWA SR10's hop-up has a unique issue. At full hop-up the bb's were not curving upwards, although the protrusions in the barrel moved appropriately. I took the hop-up apart and cleaned every part and reinstalled, all the time checking the nubs that protrude into the barrel which always worked correctly. Now the range is a bit better, but I never get the bb to curve upwards and at full hop-up the bb curves downward until I back off the hop-up a bit.

I have now tried using .3 g bb's and they are a bit more accurate, but had no effect on the hop-up. This is driving me nuts that on full hop up the bb's drop, just like the hop up at full off. Middle of the adjustment works well, but the bb's never curve upward. I will try putting a piece of wire in the nub to make it less compressible and report back.

Problem resolved. I ditched the stock KWA nub and installed the Firefly nub. I used the stock bucking after removing the groove and the 4 “fingers”. I need more shooting time, but seems to work great.

Also, I tried putting a small piece of 20 ga. wire in the stock nub and that was also a great improvement.