to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
raevencgn

WE M4A1 vs KWA M4A1

Alright, so I've been playing airsoft for nearly five years now. I've had several guns ranging from a Classic Army starter kit M16 to a Tokyo Marui M4A1 and P90. The only problem is my friend picked up a KWA M4A1 which has nearly 400 FPS and all of my guns are now woefully underpowered by comparison. Anyway, I'm on the market for another AEG and I came across the WE M4A1 shooting 400 FPS for $180 (on Evike it was originally listed at $220). I've read many reviews and the gun's greatest flaw seems to be that its paint job scratches easily. This doesn't concern me as I am interested more with the gun's accuracy and range rather than its aesthetics. However, I just don't understand how two seemingly equivalent guns can be listed nearly $100 apart (KWA's M4A1 is $295). I was hoping some of you could tell me your experiences with either of the rifles so that I could decide which gun to buy.

Guest alberty

If you think the FPS number is a concern after having owned a TM AEG, you need to relearn what makes a good gun. The accuracy and smoothness of the gearbox are superior to having just a high FPS number. TM AEGs specifically have very good hop action right out of the box, as effective range is different than just having a high FPS.

I would avoid both the WE M4 and KWA M4 if you are inexperienced in gun workings like this. They both have some proprietary parts so if anything goes wrong you may have a harder time replacing parts.

There are different reasons to buy one brand of gun vs another.

Here is what can make a KWA a decisive advantage vs other m4's.

1. Type 1(.05)Cylinder. This will give you more air volume vs most stock cylinders.

2. 395mm high quality inner barrel. This pairs quite well with the cylinder mentioned above.

3. You will need to change the bucking. How is this advantage you may ask? Answer: add a Lonex 70 degree bucking or a G&G Green bucking, and the combination of this with the other two listed above will have you out shooting every stock m4 out there in range and accuracy.

Add in KWA's durability and 2gx gearbox shell and you have a gun that will shoot great for years to come.

Easily both suck lol. Having a custom gun will be alot better,save some cash, and be more to your liking.

That's woefully unhelpful.

Anywho, someone said it above, FPS is near irrelevant. That TM M4 of yours would actually be outperforming the KWA if both were stock. If you're choosing between the two only, KWA would be the way to go- the 2GX Gearbox adds a bulkhead for durability and though they have some unique parts, stock KWA AEG's are highly reliable. WE is budget, bottom line. Although personally I would go with a TM-compatible AEG like ICS or CA or G&P or the like, of the two you've highlighted a KWA 2GX will do you just fine.