Sign in to follow this  
Grayhawk845

Jg g36c(discontinued) Vs. king arms sig sauer 556 (full metal with RIS)

Back again! Once again to bother everyone for their thoughts.

Locally some guys are selling their stuff. Two different sellers

One has his JG Mk36c for sale, no real extras $120 price is negotiable, I was hoping to get an idea of a reasonable price to negotiate with him.

The other is the king arms (maybr cyber gun im kind of confused on this and have attempted to contact him for clairification) sig sauer 556. All metal two 400rd hi cap mags, no charger, one 8.4 battery. It's stock. I checked it out online the exact thing hes selling came as a package, and it's worth (if I'm right) a little less than $350 he's asking $160. I can post links if you all would like?

Thoughts?

the old jg g36's were tough reliable beasts. excellent clones

the price being asked for the so called king arms 556 is way too low and leads me to believe its the cyma version. specially because both are somewhat rare now

I would go with the 556 seeing as how its a lot rarer and will be of better quality. and get a magpul ubr stock for it. ubr's are HOT on sigs

Edited by Zemanova

the old jg g36's were tough reliable beasts. excellent clones

the price being asked for the so called king arms 556 is way too low and leads me to believe its the cyma version. specially because both are somewhat rare now

I would go with the 556 seeing as how its a lot rarer and will be of better quality. and get a magpul ubr stock for it. ubr's are HOT on sigs

UPDATE/ it is the king arms version he says

I would ask him why hes selling it so cheap then. those things don't come cheap

Ok, so he says its a $240 rifle. And that hes selling it so cheap because he doesn't have the charger.

That sounds fishy to me, I told him I'll bring a charged battery to test it out, he said that's fine it will shoot with no problem. now I just have to get a charged battery lol.

I would ask him why hes selling it so cheap then. those things don't come cheap

The short version with the RIS isn't as expensive as the original full length one (especially the full length one with a full length rail, which alone is worth a lot). There are relatively simple ways of identifying a King Arms from a non-King Arms, especially in person.

The short version with the RIS isn't as expensive as the original full length one (especially the full length one with a full length rail, which alone is worth a lot). There are relatively simple ways of identifying a King Arms from a non-King Arms, especially in person.

I'm a Newbie, how can I do that? (lol aside from looking for King arms somewhere on the weapon)

thats dumb. his battery looks aftermarkert. specially since I don't think ka's come with batteries

so what if he doesnt have a charger for the battery. that wouldnt run the value of the gun itself down. the battery would be considered an extra that may even drive the price up a little

on ehobby the 556 shorties were 298 on sale plus a near 100 dollar shipping fee

they sold the 556 in his pic for $413 before shipping. also it apparently was a blowback model. odd he didnt mention that as it would be a selling point. though I dunno if there was a non blowback version. still, an expensive gun

in my opinion if I wanted a 556 I wouldnt care if it was a cyma at that price. cyma makes wonderful guns

Old JG g36c' were indestructible indeed. Their only major drawback was a :pain: compression.

the mag in the guys pic appeared to be smoke grey. it might be a new gen

3E93Gb3N35Ia5H75M1d4k285c76a0b3be1cb2.jpg

Edited by Zemanova

I'm a Newbie, how can I do that? (lol aside from looking for King arms somewhere on the weapon)

The simplest solution is that when it's fired, the bolt should move, since it's a blowback model, though it might not, since it can be disabled. The next simple method is to just look at the hop up chamber and see what type it is. If it's an M4-type hop up chamber (rotating wheels), then it's a KA. There will be a plastic spacer separating the chamber itself from the gearbox. If it's a drum type, it's a Cybergun, and it should be right up against the gearbox. I'm sure there are other ways of telling the difference, but since I don't have a Cybergun, and I don't have my King arms out, I can't really tell you without looking up pictures on the web to look for minor details.

on ehobby the 556 shorties were 298 on sale plus a near 100 dollar shipping fee

they sold the 556 in his pic for $413 before shipping. also it apparently was a blowback model. odd he didnt mention that as it would be a selling point. though I dunno if there was a non blowback version. still, an expensive gun

From a basic search on Google for the shorty, they were a lot cheaper domestically than the ~$400 you say it would have cost to get it from overseas (seemed to retail just under $300 with free shipping), or the $400-420+ that the 556 holo went for. Now, since I don't have a link to this particular ad, it's hard for me to know which version it actually is.

Also, I just reread the thread, and for some reason, I could have sworn it said that the 556 had the metal rail, which is why I brought up the shorty. If it had been that, it would almost certainly be the King Arms, since there is no other maker of that model, but if it's just the regular full sized 556, yeah, there is a big price difference from the retail prices, but $160 would be good for either. If it's the King Arms, I'd say to go with that. $120 for a stock JG G36c seems like too much to me. While maybe not the best gauge of price, but I had gotten my G36k new from a retailer for $105 last year when they were unloading them, and back in the day (like 2008), I thought most of those JG clones were coming in under $120 new in the first place. I mean, I know I got my JG SIG for $105 back in 2008, which was around the timeframe of the good old JGs. I guess prices have gone up for the basic clones...

Guest alberty
the mag in the guys pic appeared to be smoke grey. it might be a new gen

3E93Gb3N35Ia5H75M1d4k285c76a0b3be1cb2.jpg

Where'd you find the picture? I didn't see it in the thread anywhere before your post.

Yeah the transparent magazine indicates it's a newer-gen one UNLESS he just got that magazine aftermarket. Before JG's newer-gen G36s with the transparent magazines, other companies made magazines that were transparent, though maybe not exactly the same finish as the one in that picture.

Unfortunately I cannot tell from that picture alone if it's a newer-gen gun or not. A finer picture would help show us the texture of the gun, as the newer gen has some nylon fiber whatever as compared to plain ABS plastic of the past.

Another thing that could help is a picture of the inside of the magwell becuase we could try to see if it's that new-gen hop-up unit and magwell.

FYI I know CYMA has recently released a new G36C with similar texture but I do not remember what their magazines look like in terms of transparency.

Edited by alberty

Guest alberty

I don't know anything about the 556 there so I can't give info towards that. Again, from that photo's size and detail alone in the JG G36C listing I cannot say more about it than I already have. The listing does say "MK36" but I don't know if the poster got that name from the box itself, from an online product listing, or what. Technically it would be called MK36C but it's been through various names and stuff I think, and the production change toward the end.

Edited by alberty

I don't know anything about the 556 there so I can't give info towards that. Again, from that photo's size and detail alone in the JG G36C listing I cannot say more about it than I already have. The listing does say "MK36" but I don't know if the poster got that name from the box itself, from an online product listing, or what. Technically it would be called MK36C but it's been through various names and stuff I think, and the production change toward the end.

UPDATE : He texted me today saying he found the charger and put the battery on charge, so I can test it out tomorrow. So let's see how things go. I've done a lot of craigslist deals with other things. I've gotten some sweet deals from there, and some other not so hot deals to walk away from. Hopefully with the information I've gleaned from this site and the great scholar Google, I will be less likely to get screwed.

Oh PS, I found this gun on air rattle(I AM NOT PROMOTING THAT SITE IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM) for $200 (back ordered though) with exactly what he has listed.

if you take a close look at the g36 it looks pretty clean and devoid of external wear. not even the corners of the metal sights are worn. it must be pretty new or extremely well taken care of. I think its unlikely for an old jg g36 to be in used condition and still look that brand new to this day. the metal parts would would have some bare metal at the corners and the high touch areas of the abs would be shiny

air rattle. ....pretty sketchy. I remember back in my springer days getting overpriced overhyped spring gun crap from them on ebay. I bought 2 be sl-8's from them before I knew that crap was garunteed to break nearly immediately. they wouldnt take em back. $70 for each of them, no refund. gave me some bs garbage excuse. bought what they said was a metal gearbox cyma ak. what I got was a cm022. I got some bs excuse when I wanted to return it

good luck with the 556 testing.

Edited by Zemanova

Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and say that's not a King Arms Sig 556. Reasons:

1: The trademarks are printed on, rather than stamped (cast?) into the actual receiver.

2: Hooded front sight

3: General description of the gun

If you look up pictures on the web of the King arms versus the Cybergun SIG 556, you'll see the differences in those first 2 reasons (the 3rd reason is just a general thing that I don't think the KA version is referenced as/linked to the SIG SAUER, whereas the Cybergun has that branding on its box). The pictures on that ad clearly indicate (to me) that it is not the King Arms version.

Here are two pictures from my own King Arms of those particular spots:

th_IMG_2448.jpg th_IMG_2454.jpg