Sign in to follow this  
JP34

What Battery Should I Get

Nimh is an older chemistry (Nickle metal hydride). It is a relatively dummy proof battery in the fact that it can take more abuse from charging and use without becoming a potential fire hazard. The downside is that they tend to be larger in size, have lower discharge rates, and are easily affected by cold weather.

Lipo is a newer chemistry (Lithium polymer). This pack requires a bit more care in charging, and use. Over charging or discharging as well as physical damage to the pack can cause it to catch on fire. It isn't difficult to treat them properly, however this seems to scare new users away. They have higher discharge capacities, smaller physical size, and tend to be much more efficient than Nimh. They are also not affected by cold weather to the degree that Nimh are.

Overall, airsoft is gravitating towards lipo's. Nimh still have a large user base, however people are realizing the pros outweigh the cons when it comes to Lipo's, and the proper information is being spread about handling them. I own 4 lipos (2 7.4v and 2 11.1v) and 1 Nimh (9.6v). The Nimh will soon be replaced with some more lipo's.

Nimh is an older chemistry (Nickle metal hydride). It is a relatively dummy proof battery in the fact that it can take more abuse from charging and use without becoming a potential fire hazard. The downside is that they tend to be larger in size, have lower discharge rates, and are easily affected by cold weather.

Lipo is a newer chemistry (Lithium polymer). This pack requires a bit more care in charging, and use. Over charging or discharging as well as physical damage to the pack can cause it to catch on fire. It isn't difficult to treat them properly, however this seems to scare new users away. They have higher discharge capacities, smaller physical size, and tend to be much more efficient than Nimh. They are also not affected by cold weather to the degree that Nimh are.

Overall, airsoft is gravitating towards lipo's. Nimh still have a large user base, however people are realizing the pros outweigh the cons when it comes to Lipo's, and the proper information is being spread about handling them. I own 4 lipos (2 7.4v and 2 11.1v) and 1 Nimh (9.6v). The Nimh will soon be replaced with some more lipo's.

Lipos its is. Any suggestions on which ones I should get.

NIZN can bring back Nickel cells to airsoft. Not affected by cold and each cell is 1.6V each. Which means a 7 cell pack will have more power than a 8 cell NIMH and some 9 cell NIMH under load and is in the same performance range as a 3S Lipo.

What voltage should I get?

For you a 2S 7.4V