Sign in to follow this  
mrbojangles

The ICS Split Gearbox

I've been playing airsoft pretty consistently for about 6 years, and I've got myself a pretty good idea about what brands are good and what brands aren't. I've heard good things of ICS, and firsthand I learned their MP5 is a quality piece of kit.. My query is about the split-gearbox design: Is it structurally sound? Worth the dough for an ICS CXP-16 ~($340)? I worry mainly about bad AOE and stripping me some pistons, something ill avoid if I can with an old gearbox design.

My concern lies with that and that alone- I'll try to avoid making this a "which gun" thread best I can, but if the split-gearbox is looked down upon I'll probably revert back to my old plan of G&G Top Tech.

Thanks for any input on the subject gents (and ladies).

You saybur trying not to strip pistons. There are mods and tune ups to prevent that. Please resesrch some of that. Now to. The split box design isnt to horrible but it is not the best. There has been some 70+rps builds with them and are doing fine. You just need to k no what your doing.