Sign in to follow this  
legend4411

Choosing battery for my gun

I can't decide between 11.1v 20c or 7.4v 50c Lipo. Please help.

Stock CA AUG A2

It has M120 spring, 7mm steel bearings, polycarbonate piston with steel tooth and High Torque motor.

It also says it's 11.1V Li-Po ready on the website.

Many thanks in advance.

As far as I know, lipo ready is just a marketing term to make stuff sell better.

Have you shimmed your gears correctly, fixed your AoE and relubed the GB ?

Does your aeg come with a mosfet and thick wiring ?

Those are the things you need to check for starters.

Guest alberty

If you're looking at a brand new gun, then assume it's not actually "lipo ready". That's just a marketing phrase and using an 11.1v lipo could actually strip your piston and/or gears quickly.

If you're looking at a used gun, you still don't know if it's truly "lipo ready" unless the previous owner was a good tech and tuned it to last with an 11.1v lipo. Putting in some aftermarket parts doesn't mean a gun is lipo ready, FYI.

So to be safe, use a 7.4v lipo and you shouldn't have any problems.

As far as I know, lipo ready is just a marketing term to make stuff sell better.

This is entirely correct. "Lipo ready" means nothing. Any gun can run a 7.4v lipo without issue.

Your gun will not last very long though if you run a 11.1v. You need to reshim, regrease, correct angle of engagement, and install a MOSFET and deans connectors. Your gun is not "lipo ready" for an 11.1v.

This is entirely correct. "Lipo ready" means nothing. Any gun can run a 7.4v lipo without issue.

Your gun will not last very long though if you run a 11.1v. You need to reshim, regrease, correct angle of engagement, and install a MOSFET and deans connectors. Your gun is not "lipo ready" for an 11.1v.

Wow, I didn't realize it needs so many upgrades to run 11.1v.

I am looking for a ROF that is a little bit faster than 9.6v puts out. Do you think 7.4V 40C is enough? or should I get 50C?

Guest alberty
Wow, I didn't realize it needs so many upgrades to run 11.1v.

I am looking for a ROF that is a little bit faster than 9.6v puts out. Do you think 7.4V 40C is enough? or should I get 50C?

If you want to increase your rate of fire, there's more ways than just using a stronger battery. In fact, it would be better to use the "other" ways, and then combining with a good battery just makes it all better.

Some things you could do:

• install high speed motor
  • reshim the gears, regrease
  • switch to Deans connectors
  • short stroke, angle of engagement correction
  • install bearings if your gearbox doesn't have them already
  • install high speed gears
Basic tuning alone gets you far. With just reshimming the gears, switching to Deans, and using a good quality brand of battery, you can bump up a few more RPS. The other pieces involve a little more work and/or money, such as angle of engagement/short-stroking and buying a high speed motor. Edited by alberty

Note that the AUG cant fit a 9.6v, so you will be very limited in your batter choices.

I used a Turnigy 20c 1300mah 7.4, pretty small, but the gun was a TM, thus very efficient.

Edit, read this http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/redirect...eries-part-1%2F

Edited by jgm

Not that the AUG cant fit a 9.6v.]

An AUG can use this pack easy - Butterfly Pack

8437335279_df41a6f9ec_b.jpg

Your missing the point with C ratings. Discharge in volts have nothing to do with C ratings. You need a cell that puts out voltage to get the ROF up "AND" the discharge in amps to keep it running.

Example - Which pack is better for ROF:

2S SKY 2200mah 7.4V 50C vs 2S Gen Aces 2200mah 7.4V 25C

Answer: Gen Aces!

Thing is you would never know with the marketing specs.

Sky Lipo has a MAX cell volatage of 4.1V per cell fully charged while GA cells hit 4.22V per cell fully charged. This means the GA cells have a higher ROF.

What the C rating indicates in the above packs means the SKY can handle a 110A discharge need while the GA can only handle a 55A discharge need. Both are well in the range of an AEG of 15-30A (depending on setup). Now if both packs had 1/5 of the discharge capability then C rating would play a factor. For the SKY would be 22A and the GA would be 11A. The Sky would work, if not slowly while the GA pack would fry itself due to an over draw of power.

Edited by Guges Mk3