Sign in to follow this  
mrbojangles

ICS CXP-16L vs. G&G TT TR16 R5 (M16A4)

I think you're looking at two different animals here, from length to features. Fixed stock vs retractable stock, length (I do believe the TR16 is longer but I'm not sure by how much), price, gearbox type....then there's the blowback. If you're looking at a no-frills, affordable and realiable gun then the CXP is the way to go. The TR16 is definitely a nice piece of machinery though.

I think you're looking at two different animals here, from length to features. Fixed stock vs retractable stock, length (I do believe the TR16 is longer but I'm not sure by how much), price, gearbox type....then there's the blowback. If you're looking at a no-frills, affordable and realiable gun then the CXP is the way to go. The TR16 is definitely a nice piece of machinery though.

I'm looking beyond nominal features like stock type and those things. The only huge difference I know of is the split GB design, which I've been advised is pretty reliable. I'm looking for comparisons in field performance and extended reliability. I don't want to have to touch the gearbox if I don't need to, after all this time I just want an AR I can pick up, shoot, maybe drop a barrel in and use for a long, long time.

Well, I have the CXP-16 and I do like it a lot. The one major advantage with the split gearbox is that you can swap out the upper gearboxes as needed if you need to change the FPS of your gun. As far as reliability goes, a buddy of mine has had his Olympus Arms-branded ICS for 4 years now without issues, and his is second-hand too!