to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
azulueta

High Quality DMR BB's (Heavy)

Hey guys, its been a LONG time since I posted, but a few things brought me back, one of the main ones was the lack of high quality heavy weight bb's.

Bioval has almost vanished off the market, their heavy weights are definitely gone, their 0.40g's are very hard to find if you can even find them.

The BB Bastrd company has ceased production on their heavy weights, in a conversation with them they said they stopped production while they are working on their formula to perfect them.

Those were the only two companies I really trusted for Tan 0.40g.

Goldenball 0.40g are very accurate and very well constructed, they are a ball bearing company so naturally they are a very good choice.

The last choices you may be left with are the King Arms/Madbull (same OEM) and most of those are running out of stock and they are.....my last choice......

I was going to test Hailstorm, but funds limited me.....and the Bioshot heavy weights didn't impress me past 0.32g.

Its not looking good guys....

EDIT: For censoring.

Edited by soccer77

What I'd really like to see is white colored heavy weight bbs (.36g and up). I live in a desert which has a lot of dark brush, and I can't reliably track any color other than white, which limits me to .3g usually. I've contacted both Hailstorm and Madbull about this to see if they're going to put out some lighter colored bbs, but they gave some excuse about the mixture relegating the color. I'm pretty sure they can figure out a way to incorporate white dye into the mix.

Well it is true, right now with the current materials most mass distributors have, they have to use certain materials to make a 6mm pellet more dense which just happens to be of a darker nature.

I'm with you on the BBs needing to be a lighter color. The mainstream I'm working on trying a new brand of heavyweights. Specifically some .40g white bios and .43g neon-green colors. Samples are on their way to me as I type this from China. Once I get them in and test them for weight, size, and pitting, I will post back for import options.

In the meantime I've been happy with these .32g whites:

http://www.paintball-discounters.com/I/643...0-count-bag.htm

I'm with you on the BBs needing to be a lighter color. The mainstream I'm working on trying a new brand of heavyweights. Specifically some .40g white bios and .43g neon-green colors. Samples are on their way to me as I type this from China. Once I get them in and test them for weight, size, and pitting, I will post back for import options.

In the meantime I've been happy with these .32g whites:

http://www.paintball-discounters.com/I/643...0-count-bag.htm

Keep us posted.

I am very interested to see a 0.40g Bio --->WHITE <--- BB or even the 0.43g neon green.

Cut them open and such when you get them/scratch test/whatever :)

Most definitely. I was one of the first to get the BB King .32gs when they came out too :) I did a pretty thorough review on those. Planning on the same for these.

I could be wrong, but last I checked WE was the same OEM as King Arms and Madbull.

White isn't even a problem at this point as we don't even have a high quality Tan/Green.

The only high quality heavy weights are black (Goldenball)

The last two bottles of Goldenball .40s I opened up had bubbles in all the bbs I tested. Their quality control is not what it used to be.

I'm afraid there are NO high quality .40s on the market right now.

The last two bottles of Goldenball .40s I opened up had bubbles in all the bbs I tested. Their quality control is not what it used to be.

I'm afraid there are NO high quality .40s on the market right now.

Seriously? Oh I am so disappointed...I had given Goldenball such high praise for their high quality heavy weights in the past. This makes me very sad.

Then...yeah...we have nothing....

I think bioval is going out of business or something? Even their Amazon account barely has any BB's left, you can actually see the count remaining on the last bags of 0.20g, 0.25g, and 0.30g......and god knows we haven't seen their 0.40g in a long time.

Seriously? Oh I am so disappointed...I had given Goldenball such high praise for their high quality heavy weights in the past. This makes me very sad.

Then...yeah...we have nothing....

I think bioval is going out of business or something?

NNoooooooooooooo, don't say that! If this has any merit, thank goodness I bought 7 bags of .30g from ASGI when they were half off.

So, I was bored and decided to go into the deep interwebs and I found this:

http://www.suministrosairsoft.com/6mm-bio/...egradables.html

Wut? Black 0.40g? What happened to the tan ones? I don't even know if these are legitly bioval but I thought I would put it here.

I would still prefer to use one of the OEM's before I resort to black, sure you have lesser quality...but being able to see where your shot goes at range so you know how to compensate...really helps.