Sign in to follow this  
Synastr

Area g36cv shimming/piston stripping/sector breaking

Ok here's my issue. I first got the gun, wired it too deans. Shot it a few times, had hopup issues and I resolved that. Now all of a sudden I hear a noise,mow and behold the sector gear had broke in two. The lower portion attaching to the spur gear. Ok no biggie, maybe a jam. So I replace it with a xyt one. Gears spun smooth no issues. 5 rounds later it strips teeth off the same place. Soo wonder what's going on. I tear it open and think its possibly a bad bushing. So I change one, pop in a jg sector and it shoots fine on a 7.4 seems to have no issues. So I decide to turn two of my identical 7.4s into a 11.1. Now comes the fun part. A few semi shots. Sounds normal. As soon as I touch full auto, boom piston strip. BUT the piston didn't strip normal. It's still usable. It stripped on the very top edge where the teeth bevel down. So I realized ok, this sector gear is shimmed to high, well now I figure out somewhat of a weird issue. With zero shims on my spur gear, the sector needs quite a few to even sit flat with the spur. I also notice, in order to clear the cut off lever I need over .5mm of shims, which in turn brings the sector up way to high and doesn't mesh with the piston in a good way. So now I'm confused as crap. I thought it was a bushing, now I realize somehow nothing is meshing right at all. What do I need to do to fix this freakin gun. I'm so aggravated. I've broke two gears, stripped a piston. What can be resolved? Could maybe shaving down the cutoff lever fix it? By allowing the sector to sit lower? Or is there something possibly wrong with the way the gears are sitting, I know v2 and v3 gears are the same so I know that's not the issues. I'm lost and about sick of this gun already. Never even got to field it yet. After anxiously waiting to get the gun.

I'm saying whether both spur and sector were ares, or jg, it never sat low enough. Even with zero shims on the spur, the sector won't sit low enough. It also sits straight on the cutoff lever, so in order to not rub on it, I need shims to bring it up. Then it doesn't mesh good with the piston. Now a full Steel teeth rack it would maybe because there flat across and don't taper down like the poly pistons do. The poly piston teeth look like this /''''''| and the sector meshes like this

1. \__/

1.. /'''''|

So it slips basically off the teeth. I believe a full teeth piston looks like this |'''''| so then I could get mesh

Ike this

1. \__/

1.. |''''''|

Which would probably be ok.

Edited by Team N.U.K.E.

If you have to shave down the cut-off lever something is not right. Why didn't you pm me about this?

Are you using a flash light instead of just looking at the sector gear? The gearbox needs to be closed. Open it will seem like the gear rubs against the cut-off lever.

I didn't want you to feel like I was using you. Yes, gearbox closed and looking with a light through the trigger area it sits right on it and has a gap where the shims would be. I'm not sure what's really wrong. Something seems off spec but it can't be, because it worked in the beginning. I want to send it to you but right now I don't have enough spare cash to buy a piston and even a stock spur gear.

Think I got it figured out. The spur gear bushing wasn't seating fully so it brought it up too high. I've taped all the bushings down and now the sector seems fine, just need a piston now. Only thing is it still seems to mesh the old piston kinda high. Even with .2mm of shims under it which is the lowest I can get it. Maybe a different piston will be fine. Just gotta wait and see.