to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
IVIonster

1st Airsoft Gun HELP !

Hello,So I have been out of the game for a looooong time.I play at a professional paintball level but its kinda getting boring now. I was looking at these two guns that I would run with a 7.4/11.1 Li-po batteries since I have tons from R/C cars. I just do not want to destroy the gearbox, I want the gun to last me a while.

I have a budget of $250 for just a gun. I have 100's of batteries and a $200 high end charger so that is out of the budget.

Below are my two main options I have seen, please refer me to the better one of these two, or show me something different that you would

suggest to me.

http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/1919-450-f...jg-fb-6604.aspx

http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/2860-ANK-L...-AEG-Rifle.aspx

I would buy a Mosfet for the Sr25 if I go that route. I would only use it in burst and single.

Thanks for your help!

Both of these rifles are good choices. You'll be happy with either one, as JG is a good starter brand. For you to run 11.1v lipos, you'll need to do basic DIY mods to the gearbox to ensure durability. (Shim gears, re-grease, correct AoE) You can find tutorials for these all over youtube. Lastly, I would refrain buying from Airsoft Megastore. There are tons of horror stories about them from many airsofters. I personally suggest Evike, Airsoft Gi, or Airsplat.

-RJR

Guest alberty

Keep in mind that some models of SR-25 replicas might not have the word "SR-25" in the product listing on retailer websites. Just try looking at all of the AEG listings sorted by brands to take a look.