to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
everst75

Adding a tightbore to a G&P m4

Hi I am new to airsoft (Paintball Player) I have a G&P m4 I got from evike. http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPat...oducts_id=42416 I was wondering if getting a madbull 6.03 mm tightbore barrel would be a good upgrade. Originally I was going to get a longer barrel but I read that it would not increase accuracy and I would need a new cylinder. I was also wondering what bore my gun currently has. Thanks for the help.

Shoot a High Grade BB AFTER you degrease the G&P stock barrel. All their barrels are highly coated in a brown grease. But the finish is pretty good. Good enough that if you switched to a coated AL (madbull) barrel its not going to make any noticeable difference.

Shoot a High Grade BB AFTER you degrease the G&P stock barrel. All their barrels are highly coated in a brown grease. But the finish is pretty good. Good enough that if you switched to a coated AL (madbull) barrel its not going to make any noticeable difference.

You think? Maybe you're right, thats just not been my experience thus far. You can certainly lap them (some of them) to good performance though. I suppose though we both have our preconceptions of what a Madbull performs like, and while it'd be nice to pretend they're all equal we know thats BS. ;)

I think we can all agree though that you probably should avoid Matrix barrels.

Only hop-up that is going to make a difference is Flat/R...non-factory standard hop up. I see "Kids" swap like for like and gush it shoots so great now.

Versus a little cleaning and viola...shoot great now too!

Cleaning grease? Use a degreaser!

Simple method is swab and polish the barrel "Gently" with rubbing alcohol. Do not oil the barrel after you clean it. Some barrels are okay with a "film" of silicone oil...some are not. Clean and dry is all you need.

Detailed method is take the barrel out, disassemble the hop-up and then wash the barrel and hop-up packing in warm soapy water. Swab the barrel in the soapy water, invert the hop-up and get the grease/oil off.

Then dry and swab the barrel and dry the packing before you invert it back to normal position.

Then I personally polish the inside of the barrel with appropriate compounds and blue print the hop-up and continue from this point in reassembling the barrel hop-up system.

Now if I have lost you here...you should just stick to swabbing the barrel as one whole unit.

G&P Hop Ups usually perform quite well...

Maybe you should make sure there is no hop up-creep as well as Nub Placement.

As far as upgrading goes you have a few choices:

• SCS Nub (if anyone still uses them)
  • PDI W Hold
  • KWA 2gx
  • Flat Hop
  • R Hop

The top 3 are pretty much plug and chug.....the rest "may" require additional handiwork.

Use that with a good brand of bb's 0.25g or if you grab a Flat/Rhop use 0.28g.

At that weight Madbull actually makes very good bb's and they are not expensive.