Sign in to follow this  
Foopy

What is a Nice GBB Pistol to get?

Hey guys. I was looking for a good sidearm to compliment my M4 S-System, which is mainly geared for medium to longer ranges. I have a budget of $200, but it would be nice if the gun isn't any more than $125 so I have extra money to buy mags and gas.

Literally everyone at the field has a 1911, so I would like to avoid those. However, I really am fond of the G series. I was thinking about this gun: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/we-g35-full-sem...stol-black.html, and I assume it would use G18 mags. So is WE a good company? If not who makes a nice glock?

Hopefully someone can help me out.

KSC, KWA, KJW, and WE are the most common ones I see in California.

If it were me, I'd buy a 17 or 19 style gbb pistol because holsters are more easily found with those frames than a 35, not to mention a potentially quicker draw due to the shorter length.

What do you need/want the auto for?

KSC, KWA, KJW, and WE are the most common ones I see in California.

If it were me, I'd buy a 17 or 19 style gbb pistol because holsters are more easily found with those frames than a 35, not to mention a potentially quicker draw due to the shorter length.

What do you need/want the auto for?

I don't really need it for the field, but my friend has a full auto and it's just fun to shoot and plink at cans.

From what I have heard, the WE Glocks are not that bad, its still a WE so you will have problems if you are not sure to keep very good care of it (same with every GBB). You could always get a TM Hi-Capa, because they are the best GBB pistol. (not biased at all)

You could always get a TM Hi-Capa, because they are the best GBB pistol. (not biased at all)

That's slightly biased, but still true. TM Hi-Capas are great. If you want full auto you could get an Xtreme .45, those things are pretty damn awesome.

What a silly man...he asked if WE are good.

In reality, pistols "made" by WE are terrible. Pistols contracted out to another Taiwanese company called HK3P/3HK/HK3 to "make" a G Series is "decent". However, the stock BBU in the 3HK cannot take high pressure abuse and will self-destruct. Have spare BBU you handy.

Or just buy a one made by KSC and never really have to worry about it.

I second a TM Hi-Capa. It's a great gun and will serve you very well. I just got a 4.3 from ehobby shipped for $160. Great little pistol with TM's renown reliability. This pistol will serve you well and I highly recommend it.

+1

Friend's tm hi-capa 5.1 is still going strong after 5 years.

I third the TM. If you don't like the Hi-Capa models they also make glocks, 5-7's, P226's and many other models. I personally own a TM G17 Custom and it is probably more accurate than any of my rifles.

Having built fully upgraded Hi-Capa and Glock, I can tell you that Hi-Capa is a lot better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xOiqrNbArU

But you probably won't need that kind of performance anyway, on top of the fact that the Hi-Capa was a lot more expensive X_X

If you want a Hi-Capa, get a KJW.

If you want a Glock, get a WE or VFC(Stark).

VFC's finish is a lot better and they also have full trademarks. (WE's slides have...:pain: finish IMO)

However WE does make the Gen 4 lower.

HOWEVER lol VFC does have Glocks with steel slides. (I'm in Taiwan right now, steel slide ones over here are around $120)

Both runs off the Marui system, however according the Knuckles, many of parts in it are off spec.

I can't say anything on that on my end since I only play with Marui or just fully ground up builds.

WE's BBU issue IIRC is with the nozzle/piston which can be replaced/upgraded easily.

WE's 1911/Hi-Capa/M9 are absolute :pain:, but their newer pistols such as Glock, Sig, XDM are pretty nice.

Personally, I'd take the VFC since I care about the external a lot.

Hey guys. I was looking for a good sidearm to compliment my M4 S-System, which is mainly geared for medium to longer ranges. I have a budget of $200, but it would be nice if the gun isn't any more than $125 so I have extra money to buy mags and gas.

Literally everyone at the field has a 1911, so I would like to avoid those. However, I really am fond of the G series. I was thinking about this gun: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/we-g35-full-sem...stol-black.html, and I assume it would use G18 mags. So is WE a good company? If not who makes a nice glock?

Hopefully someone can help me out.

If you want to keep it stock get a kwa if you want to upgrade it get a tm hi capa as mentioned before.

Listen to EDI 1st.

If you want to keep it stock get a kwa if you want to upgrade it get a tm hi capa as mentioned before.

I'd stay away from the KWA's. I'm not a fan of their hopups, nor their overall "feel". ATP's I've worked on have been loose, and cheap feeling.

Also, you don't need to upgrade a TM Hi-Capa. You can keep it stock, and it'll perform wonderfully.

Listen to EDI 1st.

I'd stay away from the KWA's. I'm not a fan of their hopups, nor their overall "feel". ATP's I've worked on have been loose, and cheap feeling.

Also, you don't need to upgrade a TM Hi-Capa. You can keep it stock, and it'll perform wonderfully.

I agree with the no upgrades working good as well but with kwa it's a bit hit and miss but hey that's what the warranty is for.

I agree with the no upgrades working good as well but with kwa it's a bit hit and miss but hey that's what the warranty is for.

Or you could get a TM and not have to worry about getting a bad gun.

Issue with KWA is that they are pretty much all "proprietary" which means that they have very limited upgrade parts.

KWA Glocks have the most upgrade parts out of all KWA pistols, however it doesn't have much.

Plus, working on KWA Glocks is like solving a Rubik's Cube.

Yes they have warranty, but why?

Why make something that's only half decent to the point that no one wants to make upgrade parts for them?

Plus parts aren't that expensive, unless you want something that's expensive like some fancy slide.

As far as getting a Marui, plan to get a metal slide.

Stock plastic slide will last a good while on propane/green gas tho, unless you are in absolute :pain: luck.

The thing about Marui for me tho is that every time when I pick one up and pull the trigger, it puts a smile on my face and reminds me why I love things from Japan. (jets, trains, naval vessels, weapons, all kinds of models etc etc)

They work, smoothly.

They also have fairly nice kick even with stock recoil spring and plastic slide.