Sign in to follow this  
Hcexiare2

Tokyo Marui VS WE

I have been looking for a new GBB pistol when I came across both the TM desert warrior and the P226. Trouble is, although TMs have a reputation of being one of the best pistol makers out there for their reliability, WE have both of models as well, and even though a lot cheaper, they have had good reviews all across youtube. Many say WE is a rising brand that does offer reliability and durability. Could I ask viewers to put down their opinion for each of the brands, regardless of which models they have used. that will help me alot in my choice between the 2 brands.

thanks alot.

I have been looking for a new GBB pistol when I came across both the TM desert warrior and the P226. Trouble is, although TMs have a reputation of being one of the best pistol makers out there for their reliability, WE have both of models as well, and even though a lot cheaper, they have had good reviews all across youtube. Many say WE is a rising brand that does offer reliability and durability. Could I ask viewers to put down their opinion for each of the brands, regardless of which models they have used. that will help me alot in my choice between the 2 brands.

thanks alot.

You live in Hong Kong and you have to ask? From US airsofters???

I know there are a plethora of stores peddling WE in Hong Kong. But, in the end TM is always the superior product.

99% of the WE reviews are done by people who only know what they own. I wouldn't take any of their reviews as being credible unless they actually cite something wrong with the GBB. And they should...because you can say a model and I can tell you what is wrong with it out of the box.

As for WE being up and coming...they have been up and going "No where" for over 6 years. Try and stick a TM spec BBU in a WE and see how up and coming WE really is.

Edited by Guges Mk3

The WE will last as a light plinker or holster filler. It'll work for a bit, but eventually wear down and you'll be left with a rattly gun.

The Marui will work.

KJW's work for a good while as well, but they're not as pretty.

Youtube isn't the best place to check out reviews, most are from people who've just received their guns, so they can't comment on long term durability.

The WE will last as a light plinker or holster filler. It'll work for a bit, but eventually wear down and you'll be left with a rattly gun.

The Marui will work.

KJW's work for a good while as well, but they're not as pretty.

Youtube isn't the best place to check out reviews, most are from people who've just received their guns, so they can't comment on long term durability.

I would take a KJW over a WE Desert Warrior any day of the week TM > KJW > WE

Plus, a lot of these reviewers are kiddies and they have the attitude of "what I own is Bestest!"

I recently purchased a Socom gear/WE tech 1911 novak neXt duo tone. Why? because I wanted something with a metal slide and frame and at a good price. I already own a TM 1911A1, but I wanted to see what WE tech offered. When I received that gun from evike, it became a problem from straight out the box. When I racked the slide back, the slide catch would not catch even with an empty magazine. I took the magazine out and checked the follower. When I pulled to follower down towards the base plate, I noticed the follower spring was popping out of the loading port. After following a how-to guide on disassembling a WE tech mag, I pulled the follower spring out and noticed it was warped and bent in a 45 degree angle. after fiddling around, I was able to get the spring back into shape. The slide stop will occasionally work, may be due to the machine work. Loading green gas into the mag was also a PITA. The mag had a bumper base plate and it was damn near impossible to load gas into the mag without an nozzle adapter. Going back to the slide; when it came time to rack it forward, the slide gets stuck due to the hammer getting stuck almost a quarter of the way towards the back of the slide. The slide itself also wobbles, but thats just a minor issue to me.

Performance wise, it shot....thats about it. After adjusting the hop up unit, I was able to get a decent 5-6" grouping at 25 feet away. I thought I was loosing it, so I took my TM 1911 out and was able to make 2.5" groupings from the same distance. Not to mention that the TM worked flawlessly vs the WE.

So, Tokyo Marui>WE Tech

I've owned my share of KWA, WE, HFC, Marui gas pistols. The most consistent across the board is marui. Certain marui models are more prone to breakage if used with propane whereas others will run them with no problem. With the p226 and 1911 style models, ive never had problems with propane although I tend to run duster gas as of late. The px4 is probably the most durable ive seen handling propane for long long periods of time.

Bottom line: my vote goes for marui by a wide margin because with the reliability that you're concerned about, you have to account for the superior performance with them.

From the guy who played with all TM, KJW and WE 1911/Hi-Capa and P226:

For the 226, go for the WE.

Yes, I said WE.

Unlike this 1911/Hi-Capa/M9, WE's new pistols are really nice.

For 1911/Hi-Capa, go for Marui or KJW.

WE 1911's lower is off-spec.

Their internals are also made out of cheap pot metal.

Have you seen BBU crack under 500 shots?

Yep, that's WE.

WE guns have gotten better but there is still much to improve on, Before I got my TM, I had a WE for over a year, probably shot 6-7000 rounds through it in that time. The hop chamber however did lose the pin that the adjustment wheel spins on reducing the accuracy and range to nothing.

On most days, I spend my time in a "lovely" english boarding school, so I don't go back that often. And since English computers can't type chinese, I have to rely on forums like these. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Just saying, you can type Chinese to me :P

As long as they are in Chinese and not Cantonese (the difference of wording/grammar.)

I haven't really tried newer WE's but their 1911's and Hi Capa's are the worst guns in the market (this goes and for Socom Gear 1911's)!

I really lost trust and I REALLY don't want to buy for a WE pistol!

Stick with TM, especially now that Nova and Prime started again making metal kits for it!!

If you think it's expensive go with KJW guns and you won't be sorry!

Wolf

Plus, a lot of these reviewers are kiddies and they have the attitude of "what I own is Bestest!"

Somebody disliked one of my videos because I said the WE 1911 sucked, and their comment was "OMG we is da best I have one it rocks u suck". So I believe that.

On topic, KSC, KJW, TM are all great brands. The only good WE pistol I've ever shot is their newer Glocks, and you could still get better ones or a good price.

Somebody disliked one of my videos because I said the WE 1911 sucked, and their comment was "OMG we is da best I have one it rocks u suck". So I believe that.

On topic, KSC, KJW, TM are all great brands. The only good WE pistol I've ever shot is their newer Glocks, and you could still get better ones or a good price.

I've owned KWAs, TMs, AND WEs, and I have to say KWA and TM are the most reliable. If your looking for a good straight out of the box metal pistol KWAs are pretty legit, although all the trademarks they have are ugly imo (ie., "professional training pistol"). If you want a 226 though I'd have to suggest the TM version. I have a teammate who uses 2 TM P226s, (one as a primary in a roni kit, and one as a secondary). And he runs it like a workhorse and has no problems with it.

Although WEs are getting a little better, you'll actually be saving money by not getting them. They really are almost always made out of cheap pot metal.

Edited by KTOFFTHESMOOTHTROOPER