Sign in to follow this  
turtletech

How to wear glasses under goggles?

I'm wondering what the best way is to do this without scratching your glasses. I had just got glasses from the store today, and I'm wearing them for the first time. They help a ton with long distance vision, but the issue is, I couldn't get them to fit too well in my FlakJak goggles. My friend is able to do that, but I'm not sure on how to. I'm wondering if I could get some advice on it.

I was only ever able to get my glasses in my Flaks once. I assumed it had something to do with the shape of the glasses themsevles. granted once I did get them in my glasses not my flaks fogged up. I put the glasses into the Flaks and then put the goggles on my face. It worked...but as I said, not without issues.

As it was my long distance vision that was the issue I bought a low powered/ low cost scope so I could see within tne range of my gun. I call it my 'not being a team killing :censored2:' scope. It works very well.

I did buy some Smith Optics goggles and they make a perscription kit which I think means you can put lenses into inserts. When I get new glasses, hopefully soo, I will put these beat up lenses in and see how it does.

I call it my 'not being a team killing :censored2:' scope.

That's the best name for a scope :a-laugh:

My glasses fit fine in a Save Phace mask, and my new pair are large framed, it just needs a different way put on. If I just slip the mask on, the glasses seem to fall off.

I was only ever able to get my glasses in my Flaks once. I assumed it had something to do with the shape of the glasses themsevles. granted once I did get them in my glasses not my flaks fogged up. I put the glasses into the Flaks and then put the goggles on my face. It worked...but as I said, not without issues.

As it was my long distance vision that was the issue I bought a low powered/ low cost scope so I could see within tne range of my gun. I call it my 'not being a team killing :censored2:' scope. It works very well.

I did buy some Smith Optics goggles and they make a perscription kit which I think means you can put lenses into inserts. When I get new glasses, hopefully soo, I will put these beat up lenses in and see how it does.

Huh, I had the same plan, for the scope at least. I actually do hope to use my glasses during a game though, mostly for the fact that I have better depth perception with them, and I have issues with left side vision otherwise. Also, I'm not getting contacts. I've always been afraid of poking myself in the eye, I'm definetely not doing contacts. Besides, they'd be expensive. My glasses were only about $90.

A low-magnification scope is a good thing (no more than x4 magnification), I also suggest keeping a small pair of medium-range binoculars handy as well (something that'll let you see within 400ft or so).

I'm nearsighted but lost my glasses years ago. I kinda have to go by looking for motion after 75 feet along with whether I can tell if they're pointing their gun towards my team and me. It's easier to spot OPFOR when it's an indoor CQB field where camo means nothing.

Edited by Dmitri Kalashnikov

A low-magnification scope is a good thing (no more than x4 magnification), I also suggest keeping a small pair of medium-range binoculars handy as well (something that'll let you see within 400ft or so).

I'm nearsighted but lost my glasses years ago. I kinda have to go by looking for motion after 75 feet along with whether I can tell if they're pointing their gun towards my team and me. It's easier to spot OPFOR when it's an indoor CQB field where camo means nothing.

Yeah. But bionoculars don't really work, the eye relief is far too close. Not even the closest goggles I have are close enough to the eye to allow for proper eye relief.

I already mentioned that contacts are a no-go for me. I don't like having to poke my eye for any reason.

Man up and do it. I got contacts pretty much solely for playing airsoft. Couldn't deal with putting things in my eyes so for my whole life so I had never been able to wear contacts, but one day I said enough is enough. Took me probably 3 hours to put them in the first time... Still takes me a 30 mins to an hour, but it's so worth it.

I tried just about everything else under the sun including some $200 goggles, but I still always fogged up in hot and humid weather. It's a completely different world wearing contacts vs glasses. More peripheral vision, not a hint of fog whatsoever under any conditions. I can actually focus on playing the game now.

ok, so I remembered to update this post. I have the Smith outside the wire goggles and bought the Smith Optics interchangeable Rx system. They are a hard frame and according to Smith any optometrist can make lenses for them no problem. What I did was carefully glue my old lenses onto the frames. Oh man! to be able to see on the field is epic! The goggles are awesome though I recommend removing the foam around the edge so air flows when you are standing still. The lenses never fogged and never moved even though its pretty easy to take the lens frames in and out.

Si, if you haven't figured out how to get your glasses into your goggles I would suggest this option if you can