Sign in to follow this  
Vinizaod

KWA CQR opinions?

How good is this gun? My gf is looking to get an m4 cause she hates using my aks and it seems to fit the ticket (better than avg clone performance, light, right price range). Anyone here have one and can comment on the performance, accuracy, and reliability?

linky:

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...oducts_id=10377

Edited by Bomb has been planted

I'm pretty sure that the same question has been asked and answered at least a hundred times. (M4 for the right price)

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/cheapish...ne-t271479.html

Do some research before even posting.

"THE" Quote from ASM

"Lets get a list going of why the KWA brand is deemed to be bad. I, personally, am a hater of brainless KWA users. They have heavy, non-ported piston heads.They start out with nice and thick (14 gauge?) wiring and then hit two connectors and go into little dinky 18 gauge. 6mm trademarks? really?

Thanks HS5 for adding to the list

Gearbox Painted inside and out

Spring guide tabs

9mm bearings (frequently reported to fail)

Trigger trolley stop (too thick blocks use of some gear sets) Trigger contact/trolley failure due to load

Electrical (selector plate) safety

Trigger axle to trolley height off spec (replacement trigger units won't work)

Cylinder head retention nubs

over-sized Gearbox "reinforcement" material over allowable width

Flexing upper/tab failure/piston forward requirement to open

Full floating barrel (both ends) reduces accuracy/not GB justified

2GX bucking

Hop chamber off spec (other bucking incompatible)

Aluminum flat faced piston head

Insufficient cylinder head buffer

AOE adjustment absent

Unported piston head

plastic hop unit (two piece proprietary)

Tamaya connectors (multiple in some models)Un-vented grip

ferrous motor

Grip connects to gearbox with only two screws

Self tapping screws

No bearings on spring guide and piston head (washers adding mass to the piston assembly)

Springs not ground flat

Lack of piston tooth reinforcement

Gear axle center distances off-spec (there is a difference between fitting and on-spec)

unshimmed from factory (new "self shimming" features)

Hey, if you like KWA it's all your choice, however, to try to tell me this platform is a "lipo ready" is an absolute lie."

On top of sintered gears and :pain: piston.

I believe the OP wants a gun that is decently good for a non-hardcore airsofter to use right out of the box. That's still KWA. To an enthusiast, its ranked full of "issues" but to someone who wants an AEG to shoot reliably and have good customer support because they aren't going to tech it, KWA is a fair choice for that specific price range listed.

As you said yourself....

Both JG and G&G are crap without any work done.

The OP is not going to work on this gun, nor will his lady friend.

If my girlfriend was going to get into airsoft, I would get her a KWA so I don't have to mess with it much and if it does break let the company handle it, I get sick of working on airsoft guns so why not utilize that prospect.

KWA is not garbage for the non-enthusiast. It works just fine for the needs she will have.

I believe the OP wants a gun that is decently good for a non-hardcore airsofter to use right out of the box. That's still KWA. To an enthusiast, its ranked full of "issues" but to someone who wants an AEG to shoot reliably and have good customer support because they aren't going to tech it, KWA is a fair choice for that specific price range listed.

As you said yourself....

The OP is not going to work on this gun, nor will his lady friend.

If my girlfriend was going to get into airsoft, I would get her a KWA so I don't have to mess with it much and if it does break let the company handle it, I get sick of working on airsoft guns so why not utilize that prospect.

KWA is not garbage for the non-enthusiast. It works just fine for the needs she will have.

Soccer, you are better than that, read the whole thread, or at least scan through it.

Thus why another and I both said King Arms.

In the same price range but a lot better than KWA.

If you want to get a gun that's pretty good out of the box, none of those should be your option.

Look for a King Arms.

They are all good brands, but I'd get the King Arms if you can afford it. It's not just "paying for the trades", it's buying a nice gun that happens to be trademarked.

$10 more, you get trademarked full metal external with a GB that's built with quality parts.

Edited by EDI 1st

Soccer, you are better than that, read the whole thread, or at least scan through it.

One of the main reasons I mentioned KWA was because of customer support.

In the off chance of the King Arms M4 breaking, which airsoft guns often do, he would have to send it off to a tech.

Unless in my absence from the scene King Arms has great customer support now?

You cannot guarantee that it will not break, and if it does, he has to pay a lot more money to have it fixed via local techs than simply sending the KWA back to get fixed (especially with the warranty) unless KWA has changed since my absence.

____

Off topic:

While you're here, would you mind fixing your SR25 thread? Your misinformation about the G&P Sr25 annoys me.

Edited by soccer77

One of the main reasons I mentioned KWA was because of customer support.

In the off chance of the King Arms M4 breaking, which airsoft guns often do, he would have to send it off to a tech.

Unless in my absence from the scene King Arms has great customer support now?

You cannot guarantee that it will not break, and if it does, he has to pay a lot more money to have it fixed via local techs than simply sending the KWA back to get fixed (especially with the warranty) unless KWA has changed since my absence.

____

Off topic:

While you're here, would you mind fixing your SR25 thread? Your misinformation about the G&P Sr25 annoys me.

KWA does charge some fee for repairing on top of shipping.

At least that's when I asked them about it last year.

Local/private techs, well, you can get all of those tuning/modifications done while at it.

Most techs charge $40~$60 for a whole tune up which includes AoE correction.

SR-25, I did say only certain ones have the V2.5 and when I wrote that thread multiple HK retailers still had the ones with V2.5 in stock.

On top of the fact that there are chances of finding them used just like everything else.

So no :P

Its whatever the OP decides.

My decision was solely based on the fact that he does NOT tech and that its for his girlfriend.

Last time I sent in my KWA they only charged me for shipping and did it all for free (when I first started airsoft), I suppose they may have changed.

Just saying though as I did in your thread..

From you, "Note* G&P made a few version of SR-25s that has V2 GB, this include the original version and later CNC version.

The newest ones and some CNC versions are labeled with "SR-25 GB" use the V2.5 GB."

G&P SR25 Original = V2.5 7mm

Post Original = V2 8mm (These could be found everywhere 1-2 years ago, they may have said extended gearbox but they were not. I ran into this as I searched for the 7mm V2.5. They were all 8mm V2, based off the G&G)

Its whatever the OP decides.

My decision was solely based on the fact that he does NOT tech and that its for his girlfriend.

Last time I sent in my KWA they only charged me for shipping and did it all for free (when I first started airsoft), I suppose they may have changed.

Just saying though as I did in your thread..

From you, "Note* G&P made a few version of SR-25s that has V2 GB, this include the original version and later CNC version.

The newest ones and some CNC versions are labeled with "SR-25 GB" use the V2.5 GB."

G&P SR25 Original = V2.5 7mm

Post Original = V2 8mm (These could be found everywhere 1-2 years ago, they may have said extended gearbox but they were not. I ran into this as I searched for the 7mm V2.5. They were all 8mm V2, based off the G&G)

Not our money anyway :P

For SR-25

Few versions means multiple difference version/batches. (EX: 3 batches of 100 SR-25s)

Not few SR-25s. (EX: 3 SR-25s)

From EHA "7mm Bearing SR-25 Long Gearbox (Muzzle velocity powerful than other gearbox)"

Original SR-25s did not have gearbox in them, they were only conversion kits.

8mm really isn't based off the G&G, it's just that they decided to start using 8mm gearbox which includes all of their M4s.

The nozzle and cylinder head are also different when comparing the G&P to G&G.

G&G also only has semi-automatic.

Edited by EDI 1st

Yeah I am just going on some of the comments he had on his SVD thread about technical stuff and how he felt by it.

As he was looking for techs to do all the above to his airsoft gun except for electronics, I thought it would be easier for his lady, who probably wouldn't abuse the gun like a lot of players, to use a gun with good support.

It is his money :P

I have never seen a V2.5 Gearbox on sale since I started looking in 2010. The person I bought mine from bought his in 2004 he said they were discontinued right after they were released in 2003.

As far as airsoft goes, I was not around then and it was only through rumors from "older" airsofters that I heard about it to begin with.

In my searches numerous sites at the G&P Sr25 when I was looking since 2010 and none had the 7mm V2.5.

A lot of the international companies had G&P Sr25 Extended Gearbox and when I messaged them about the gun, they said they had to contact G&P to actually make it then send it to me and that G&P told them it was 8mm V2.

I messaged around 4-5 different international websites trying to hunt it down.

The stages I saw were: 7mm V2.5 (less than 100 made is what I heard) ---> CNC V2 (company had to order this from G&P) and V2 Regular.

I have not heard of what you were saying, does not mean you are wrong though.

On another note, it was pure assumption as the G&G Sr25 was out much earlier G&P's V2, and a lot of these companies tend to copy each other (a majority do in airsoft, good idea's why not use them). I just assumed that since G&G was the only one using a spacer and extended air nozzle G&P did the same.

Meh.

Edited by soccer77

Guest alberty

For that KWA CQR, you pretty much will need to look at it from the two extreme opposites.

One side says that for someone looking for some performance out of the box and don't intend to ever open up the gun, it is a decent option. There's also the US-side support in the event you want it fixed by someone representing the brand directly.

The other side says that with all of the proprietary parts/designs that deviate it from standard TM-spec, it isn't advisable sine it has specific and/or proprietary parts. At then, you'd look at other brands which do not deviant from the de facto standard of the TM system so that upgrades, repairs, and customization is easier. Even without some direct US-side branch, being designed to TM-spec means any tech can work on it if needed to hire someone.

Edited by alberty

$10 more, you get trademarks

it's a sewing machine with an orange tip that spits plastic balls, they're not impressing anyone

full metal external

I mentioned lightweight in the post. if weight wasnt a problem id give her my 7lb ICS galil that I despise and can't sell and call it a day

I enjoyed the unhelpful rant though. Come back anytime.

it's a sewing machine with an orange tip that spits plastic balls, they're not impressing anyone

I mentioned lightweight in the post. if weight wasnt a problem id give her my 7lb ICS galil that I despise and can't sell and call it a day

I enjoyed the unhelpful rant though. Come back anytime.

Well, still looks nice.

And exactly because they are all the same inside, might as well get something that's better outside.

If metal receiver with polymer components is still too much, then get the polymer body version, thought that was easy to figure out?

Rant? Just stating facts about how :censored2: they are.

How good is this gun? My gf is looking to get an m4 cause she hates using my aks and it seems to fit the ticket (better than avg clone performance, light, right price range). Anyone here have one and can comment on the performance, accuracy, and reliability?

linky:

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...oducts_id=10377

Just joined this site, but have had my KWA CQR MOD1 for about half a year now, going airsofting about 4-5 times a month. I don't know how to take my gun apart nor do I want to work on it. I got the gun from a friends recommendation for these reasons.. Besides cleaning the barrel and external cleaning, I haven't done any maintenance to my gun and it still shoots like the first day I shot it. It's pretty light weight due to the lower part of the receiver being polymer and using the hop up is easy. The gun is very accurate with .25bbs and constantly shoots in the 340 FPS range. Hope this helps.

Oh boy kwgay fighting again...

KWA is fine. All this ASM stuff is for those who have the time and care to work over every inch of the gearbox. Though mostly correct I find that for standard applications KWA provides a straight foreword platform that can get the job done reasonably well. No the do not tech amazingly well ill give you that but once more leetsofters fail to see the point. He wants a gun that will do well out of the box not a dsg or a short stroked bb hose. To sayKWA sucks out of the box would be a shame. They do just fine and have US support and a warranty those is actually useful. All guns need work period.

Both my cqr mod 1&2 still run after combined 50k rounds. Though parts have been replaced maintainance has been easy and allows for acceptable performance.

Good can still get the job done. At the end of the day a mouthful of bb's and a straw can be used effectively.

I already got this gun for her. The performance eats combat machines for breakfast accuracy toasts any clone I've used rof is about the same as my old VFC AK which was nasty (~24 with a 9.6). Haven't tested range yet cause my backyard is small but I have faith it'll get 175 easy. The only cons are there's a fair amount of stock wobble, enough to have me thinking about getting a replacement, and I'm not sure if it will last with such high rof in such a $190 gun. The externals overall also felt toyish to me, but that could just be because I'm used to full steel $400 AKs and even decent plastik m4s will feel like toys.

Edited by Bomb has been planted