Sign in to follow this  
link716

Causes for Poor Accuracy

So I have my S-System set up now with quality gearbox parts and the gearbox is just shooting great. It has a little overturn but I'm alright with that. The problem is that accuracy is sub par. With a 6.03 JBU barrel and a Mad bull bucking, accuracy just isn't really there. I've tried a regular nub and an SCS nub but accuracy still isn't great. A little better with the SCS but still could be much better. What could possibly be giving me this terrible accuracy? Compression is solid. And when I say inaccurate I mean.. really inaccurate

When it comes to accuracy there can be numerous issues and factors. Also what range are we talking about?

• Nub (You may not have the SCS centered correctly. Try a PDI W hold or KWA 2gx bucking or Flat/Rhop
  • Bucking: could be too thin/thick depending on FPS and BB choice or could be dirty (residue)
  • Compression, you may say its good, it could still be bad. Are you getting consistent FPS readings on a chrono?
  • BB choice: quality
  • Barrel Quality: I don't know too much about your barrel, but it should be fine honestly. Make sure its not bent (roll test)

This is just to start. Eliminate possibilities one at a time until you find the culprit. Yes its time consuming, and yes its annoying but its what you use on the field, it NEEDS to perform.

Unfortunately, I don't have a chrono so I can't really check the fps. But putting my finger on the tip of the cylinder head and pushing down with the piston inside the cylinder it is very difficult to push down. And the accuracy is just awful at any range, even at a mere 30ft or so. Some shots go up, some go down, some go right, some go left, and occasionally some will go straight. This is a problem that started a ways back. That's why I decided to upgrade the gearbox, hoping a much better compression would solve the problem. But its still terrible

Clean your barrel.

If you are using Elite Force .28g, that should eliminate ammo. It sounds like your also have reasonable consistency in compression/fps

Make sure your bucking is seated properly. Some people have trouble with Madbull buckings since they are fairly thick. It may have gotten bunched up or twisted when you installed it in the chamber.

Without seeing some FPS readings I really can't help eliminate issues.

I will say that just putting in a standard nub instead of the SCS as a "benchmark" to compare could help.

Even if BB's are going straight down every time, its better that they do that then random directions because it will help eliminate multiple issues that COULD be going on with your AEG.

I'm going to go in a slightly different direction here. I've now owned one for years, but last I checked JBUs were teflon coated aluminum. That tends to bless them with good performance for a while, which goes to :pain: as soon as you burn through the Teflon. If you ever used anything on it other than soft cleaning swatches and plastic ammo, that could be it right there.

Other than that you're back to playing the differential diagnosis game, so try swapping systems rather than just components. (eg the entire barrel group instead of just a barrel or hop)