Sign in to follow this  
Firefox55123@yahoo.com

D-Boys vs CYMA

I'm looking to get a new AK to replace my old CM028c. The old CYMA has served me well so far, so I feel confident in CYMA internals, but I'd like the nicest externals as well and it seems to me that replacing internals would be much cheaper than replacing externals. I've read many conflicting opinions as to which company has superior externals, and I'm still confused as to which models are VFC style and which are TM style. Any help would be appreciated.

These are the two guns I would be looking at:

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=4735

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=3310

Obviously the D-Boy's is much cheaper so I could spend extra money on internal upgrades if needed.

I've not been very impressed with DBoys externals, there's just a lack of attention to details. Their internals seem ok, but they just seem thrown together with, again, a lack of attention to details.

CYMA looks nicer, but I'm a little sketchy on the quality of the metal they use; it seems a bit brittle. Their gearboxes are better assembled than DBoy's GBs.

Those are both roughly equivalent. The best in your budget would be a full steel Dboys rifle with a Cyma gearbox inside of it. The Full Steel models usually have an "s" in their model name, so the full steel version of the Dboys you're looking at should be RK-02s. You'd have better luck finding one on an Asian website. The full steel Dboys guns are worlds better than the "only the really big pieces are steel" Cyma models.

Cymas seem to have better internals out of the box compared to dboys but dboys are closer to actual VFC spec in terms of external parts. Long term internal reliability cyma smokes dboys, their gbs are indestructible. I don't know about dboys externals after a long time, but cymas tend to have nonessential bits fall off/lots of noncritical issues like loose selectors, halfway ###### sling mounts etc after a LOT of wear. Regular Dboys and high model cyma use about the same amount of steel and potmetal.

IMO: if you're keeping it stock, get a cyma. The externals difference isn't worth the internals issues. If you're upgrading barrel/bucking get a cyma. If you're upgrading most of the internals you're better off with a DBoys.

The exception to this is if you can get Dboys Full Steel guns (have an s at the end of model like RK-02s, etc). These have rock solid no potmetal drop it off a moving truck and shoot it externals and are rumored to come with brass tightbores, but dboys seems to make batches of these once a year. If they feel like it. And they get bought up fast.

edit: Dante covered most of this already...

Edited by Bomb has been planted

Cymas seem to have better internals out of the box compared to dboys but dboys are closer to actual VFC spec in terms of external parts. Long term internal reliability cyma smokes dboys, their gbs are indestructible. I don't know about dboys externals after a long time, but cymas tend to have nonessential bits fall off/lots of noncritical issues like loose selectors, halfway ###### sling mounts etc after a LOT of wear. Regular Dboys and high model cyma use about the same amount of steel and potmetal.

IMO: if you're keeping it stock, get a cyma. The externals difference isn't worth the internals issues. If you're upgrading barrel/bucking get a cyma. If you're upgrading most of the internals you're better off with a DBoys.

The exception to this is if you can get Dboys Full Steel guns (have an s at the end of model like RK-02s, etc). These have rock solid no potmetal drop it off a moving truck and shoot it externals and are rumored to come with brass tightbores, but dboys seems to make batches of these once a year. If they feel like it. And they get bought up fast.

edit: Dante covered most of this already...

Sounds like CYMA is the way to go for me. I'm looking at these two now:

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=4736

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=4737

How much difference is the barrel length going to make and would there be any stability issues with the skeleton stock?