Mikey223

How did you guys start airsofting?

Went to a birthday party against an AK with 410 fps with a clear, spring pistol. (I wasn't the only one with a junk gun though.) Decided I wanted to get into airsoft, and I did for a long time. But with airsoft not being active around where I live, it died down a little. But now, with an annual event they have coming up at the local corn maze, I'm all hyped up again. Hopefully the team becomes active again...

A friend showed me his Echo1 G36. We shot it, inside his apartment, broke some stuff. Then scheduled to go play at the local airsoft field. I was so sure I would love it that I bought my echo1 m4, vest, scope, and bdu before even stepping onto an airsoft field.

I started playing airsoft through a friend of mine. I just played my first game last month and I originally did it because this friend of mine has done so much for me in the past and sat through boring stuff that I made him attend. We had just starting getting physical about a week prior to my first airsoft match, so when he invited me to the field, I expected it to be a one-and-done kind of thing. I also read into the invitation as a type of cover story: "yeah... we're going 'airsofting'." I inferred that he meant we would be making out for most of the day and I was meant to tell my father that we were playing with fake guns.

However, to my surprise, we actually spent the entire day (from 9 to 5) playing airsoft. And even more to my surprise, I enjoyed it. After the third game, I basically abandoned my friend to play on my own and we met up during the breaks. I still don't own any equipment, but I plan to get my own gun soon so I don't have to keep renting.

So yeah, the story of my introduction to airsoft was fueled by my desire to kiss a guy from my school.

I've been out of the Military for about 5 years now, and I am still having issues with the transition to civilian life. At some point I ended up working part time at a military surplus store to try and find some feeling of normalcy. While working there, I got to know one of the regulars, who is a huge airsoft nerd. About a year later he put together an event and was having issues filling the roster so he begged me to come along. So I bought a used gun, I got a fighting rig together out of a mish mosh of old ALICE gear and a few MOLLE pouches, and went to the event. This event was last weekend, and admittedly I was feeling a little disenfranchised. The event, though still fun, was a total bust, and the gun I bought had some serious issues, though it did make it through the 11 hour event. The guy is a real pain to get a hold of for information, and since he's the one that sold me the gun, he was even harder to get a hold of. That brought me to the forum here, and thanks to Guges I got a lot of the answers I needed. Between him and my friend finally calling me back I was able to order the correct parts and my AUG will be working properly soon. I am looking forward to my next event, but I'll be taking the time between now and when I get my parts to get in a little bit better fighting shape.

Well, became good friends with a coworker of mine after we spent a few months trading "War Stories" from our respective sports. Myself in medieval combat sports and him in airsoft, finally we decided to visit each others respective groups. He ended up sore and bruised from a fun melee engagement and I got a new hobby in slinging plastic and hunting down other players like frieghtened fox. ^_^