Sign in to follow this  
rdsbandit

Need your suggestions, please.

Okay, this is going to be a little bit of a strange request. I need suggestions for a pistol. The requirements I need met are that it is weighted(very close to real life), has a moving slide (for semi-autos)/ cylinder (for revolver), and a working hammer. It also needs to be VERY durable. I would prefer if it was metal, but that is not necessary. Other then that, brand doesn't matter, propulsion system doesn't matter, capacity doesn't matter. Price matters however. ;-)

Are there any pistols out there that meet my needs?

For a M1911, the cheapest GBB that won't explode in your hands will be around $100, and that's a KJW M1911. WE Tech makes cheaper guns but they aren't very good at all. There is also a KJW Hi Capa, which is a double stack 1911, and they are $95 at Evike I think.

I was thinking maybe something along the lines of a 1911. And price range..... $40 max.

This is absolutely unrealistic based on your requirements. You can only buy a spare magazine for a Good M1911 for 40.00.

Edited by Guges Mk3

There is also a KJW Hi Capa, which is a double stack 1911

Are you referring to mag capacity? All kjw 1911s are double stack. I have both kjw meu and hicapa, and both are double stack. The only difference is the actual size of the mag. Aside from that, KJW pistols are great pistols but you'll have to spend more than $40.

Oh no, you didn't insult Guges. He just goes "crazy old man" mode sometimes. He even rawred at me once...

Oh and Nllub, I thought they made regular single stack, weird. Oh well.

Edited by Coyote98

Oh and Nllub, I thought they made regular single stack, weird. Oh well.

You're not the only one. Everyone's surprised when I show them my single stack meu mag that holds 30 some bbs.

rdsbandit, is the 1911 definitely your preferred pistol?

Well I'm sorry I insulted you guges. I have never even looked for an airsoft weapon before. I didn't know how much that ran or what the price ranges were. Thats why I came HERE! But, whatever. I'm sorry I wasted your time. You wont have to worry about that ever happening again.

Oh, I am sorry chap...just dealing with the same question repeated ad nauseum every other day tends to wear on an individual over 18 years. I am usually rather pleasant until my allergy medication wears off and the caffeine kicks in.

However, saying your budget is "unrealistic" is not yelling at you. A lot is lost in text...since you cannot hear the tones of the spoken words. I apologize if your offended...

As for the double stack single stack issue.

Us old timers "must" chime in here.

When we say single stack...like the KJW MEU, which it is. It means the real life replica and not how the Airsoft bb sits in it, which some of you are calling double stack.

KJW MEU Mag - Single Stack

kjw_1911_meu_magazine_clipped.jpg

Just like a real Single Stack Mag that looks like MEU magazine

wilson-combat.jpg

Double stacks replica or real life double stack magazines.

f-series.gif

Much like the Hi-Capa

kj-works-kp06-hi-capa-31rd-co2-magazine.jpg

So...KJW does make a Single and Double stack replica, but both magazines hold airsoft bb's in a double stack fashion.

Edited by Guges Mk3

There's nothing better than watching two idiots arguing.....

1911 for real steel is single stacked.....

2011 for real steel is double stacked....

For airsoft, there are BOTH single and double stacked for 1911.

There's nothing better than watching two idiots arguing.....

1911 for real steel is single stacked.....

2011 for real steel is double stacked....

For airsoft, there are BOTH single and double stacked for 1911.

No ones arguing

Boom, B!tch. Doublestack....

DSCN12221_zpsd9f885ef.jpg

If you buy a KJW m1911 or meu NOW, it will be doublestack.

"Bzzzt....Wrong. Thank you for playing."

Your misunderstanding the concept of single stack and double stack. If you own real guns you would understand what we are trying to convey.

Airsoft Double Stack is not what we are talking about. We are talking about items being real life replicas

Real Steel Double stack is what were are referring to.

Hicapa - Double Stack Replica

MEU - Single Stack Replica

Here is another picture for your visual assistance.

MEU single Stack replica on bottom

Hicapa Double stack replica on top

If real rounds were to be loaded in an identical RS magazine the bullets would sit like so.

9229771729_0c206e3311_b.jpg

Your misunderstanding the concept of single stack and double stack. If you own real guns you would understand what we are trying to convey.

Airsoft Double Stack is not what we are talking about. We are talking about items being real life replicas

Real Steel Double stack is what were are referring to.

Hicapa - Double Stack Replica

MEU - Single Stack Replica

Thanks, but I do completely understand that. I'm not talking about the real 1911. This, being an airsoft forum, put me in the mind set that we're talking about airsoft guns. If you'd like to talk about real guns, then let's move this discussion to a more suitable forum.

imo double stack mags make the gun way too rear heavy, I'd rather take the hit in capacity/gas reservoir for superior handling

However, the Airsoft version is quite similar in balance to the RS version with 15 rounds in the magazine. It's grip heavy too.

<AT>nllub,

Then you can continue to make up your own terms and people are going to "correct" you for it.

And so with that...98.9% of the GBB's sold are double stacsk.

But, since this is Real Sim replica weaponry...let's call a mag what it is and not what you think it may be.

MEU are single stack replicas that can hold between 20-40 depending on manufacturer.

Hi-Capa are Double stack replicas that can hold between 23-49 bbs depending on manufacturer.

Edited by Guges Mk3

Then you can continue to make up your own terms and people are going to "correct" you for it.

And so with that...98.9% of the GBB's sold are double stacsk.

But, since this is Real Sim replica weaponry...let's call a mag what it is and not what you think it may be.

MEU are single stack replicas that can hold between 20-40 depending on manufacturer.

Hi-Capa are Double stack replicas that can hold between 23-49 bbs depending on manufacturer.

Thank you for that, this is the truth.