Sign in to follow this  
digster

Which LMG should I get?

I own a Dboys M4 that I'm sort of getting sick of. I want to try something different. I've been looking into LMG's and think they look really cool. So, let me just get straight to the point. Which one should I get based on these requirements/facts?:

-I'm 14 years old, 5'1" and about 100 pounds. (I'm small)

-I only have $400 maximum for my budget for the actual gun itself and upgrades (if any are needed)

First, is it even possible to get any LMG worth using in an arena with my friends? Or is $400 not enough to get a decent one?

If $400 IS enough, what would be the best one to get for that price? If you could provide a link, that would be great. Thanks!

Get one used...

Otherwise skip it....your not going to find one on a tight budget like 350.00

In all honesty...you should not get this it will not develop your skills and hinder your growth as a good player.

Instead...get a pistol and go against others with AEGs using that instead.

Get one used...

Otherwise skip it....your not going to find one on a tight budget like 350.00

In all honesty...you should not get this it will not develop your skills and hinder your growth as a good player.

Instead...get a pistol and go against others with AEGs using that instead.

ya Ill get a pistol... If I'm not mentally retarded!!!

I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to say.

I'm willing to bet that a tuned Marui pistol will shoot more accurately than your DBOYS M4.

If you're getting tired of using your M4, what's wrong with trying a pistol? Your M4 is an AEG. An LMG is also an AEG, just in a bigger shell. It will hinder you and your performance, without any real change.

A pistol is different. Low capacity, so every shot counts. Light, so you can run and aim faster. Gas, so a quicker trigger response. It requires a whole different play style.

With your budget, you could buy a Marui Hi-Capa, get a metal slide plus a few long magazines and you'll be good to go.

There used to be a whole following for the "Pistol Only Revolution". It's not a dumb idea. I don't enjoy AEGs, so I personally use GBB's.

so uh, can you shoulder a 15lb machine gun?

^ That's a good thing to say. At 100 pounds, the gun is what, almost a quarter your weight? Plus, you'll be needing to run the gear for it, extra BBs and all.

And trust me, if you play on a team, they will use you as the pack mule once you start lugging around a MK23.

By the way, I ran a KJW Hi Capa, and I wupped all dem AEG users.

In fact, I usually stop using my G36 halfway through the day, drop my pack, and run pistol only.

Guest alberty

The G&P Stoner Mk23 is actually pretty lightweight compared to the other LMGs on the market, but it is still a long gun with a good amount of metal. Don't start complaining about size and weight when you want to take on the LMG. I'd say if it's possible, try holding or using someone's airsoft gun with a similar weight of 15+ pounds and see if you can deal with it over an extended period of time.

A very lightweight option is the ARES Stoner LMG. It's about the same weight and length as an M4 in my opinion. It is also around the same price range as the Mk23.

If you are still very set on an LMG and do not want to exceed your budget or increase your budget, then you'll need to look for a good one used or settle for something cheaper and heavier like an A&K M249 Para or Mk46.

Edited by alberty

Honestly...it shows you have no tactical skill. Nothing is more fun and challenging than going against superior fire power with your wits an a pistol.

I took out an entire bunker with three guys once with a Tanaka revolver and a WA Wilson Combat and I started on the other side of the ravine with the flowing creek.

I just stayed under cover, found a narrow spot and jumped the creek. Tree danced to within 10 yards of the bunker unnoticed and then signaled my team members to lay down cover fire on the bunker. Then I came out behind them and surrender all three of them. Then I was promptly shot out by people that were higher up on the ravine.

What I did with "two" pistols, 7 guys with AEG's could not do with pure fire power....maybe you should check into mental retardation..its rather fun.

Guest alberty

Another option is an RPK variant. They're still a little heavy due to the long front end, but may feel lighter than other common, and bigger, LMG type of weapons on the market. Depending on your field rules it may or may not count toward support weapon rule, but I don't think you're in that kind of situation at the moment.

However, pretty much any RPK AEG is just a different-looking AK AEG as it still uses AK gearbox and mags and everything. The other LMGs on the market will be using a different gearbox design instead. With this it means it's easy to upgrade using standard AK/V3 type internals, and it will cost less than pretty much any LMG on the market, but it may just feel like a long AK with a bipod.

Some other alternatives you can look at are the L86 LSW, an MG36 (lazily done by adding a C-mag to a G36), and AUG H-BAR. Again, consult field rules to see what they classify as.

Edited by alberty

LMGs are heavy, and take A LOT of internal abuse from prolonged fire. You don't sound like an experienced tech, and you sound shrimpy, so I'd say stay away from LMGs. You physically couldn't use one effectively and don't know how to fix it when it breaks. A GOOD sidearm is one of the best investments you can make IMO. I engage any enemy inside of 100 feet with my pistol, anyone indoors, snipers, guys I have cornered, and GROUPS of enemies because I can shoot, move, and reload my pistol faster than my Thompson. A KJW Hi-capa with 2 extra mags, TK Twist Barrel, 9ball bucking, SERPA, SERPA QD platform, and MOLLE mount all cost under $350 and can hit an enemy within 150 feet if you practice your pistol technique. Then you have $100 left over to upgrade your kit and maybe primary so you'll like it more. Or get a TORNADO grenade >:]

Some other alternatives you can look at are the L86 LSW, an MG36 (lazily done by adding a C-mag to a G36), and AUG H-BAR. Again, consult field rules to see what they classify as.

The MG36 is so damn light... Mine is like 9 1/2 pounds.

The RPK is a really nice option though, they're really cool. They seem like a long AK, but they really are their own breed of excellence. Like bacon.

I'd still get a sidearm though, if you run just a pistol and do good, you'll eat through hordes of cake with ye LMG.

You shouldn't underestimate the effectiveness of a decent pistol. A skilled player with a good pistol can be much more effective than your average player with an AEG. An AEG may have more firepower, but is heavier and less maneuverable, with a pistol you can move faster and more silent.

You shouldn't underestimate the effectiveness of a decent pistol. A skilled player with a good pistol can be much more effective than your average player with an AEG. An AEG may have more firepower, but is heavier and less maneuverable, with a pistol you can move faster and more silent.

Buddy of mine Would run his P226 every game for a week straight, and by run I mean he would bolt. His brother is a SEAL and had been one for some time. After a few issues with stress fractures in his legs during pre-BUD/S prep he's now almost done if not finished.

Even the best run only pistols at times. Ive been known to drop my rifle and go Sig crazy.

Also MK48 Mod0 yo. Man up tiny. Being small is no excuse.

Edited by Ahmad