Sign in to follow this  
Confuzled

New Player

Well, if you don't know if you'd like the sport, you can always rent from your local field and buy later. If you would want to buy one for yourself, a JG Enhanced M4 is a good beginner gun, and it's not super expensive.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=3433

Also, what is the max amount of money you're willing to spend? There are a LOT of airsoft guns out there.

Oh, and is there a certain model you'd prefer more than another?

M4 just seems logical since its everywhere, but I do like the MAG-K. I would be willing to go up to 250-300, hoping to get a decent mask and the gun/battery/charger.

That's a lot in my opinion to start with. If you're willing to spend that much, that's fine. My first gun was a G&G Combat Machine. They are fantastic guns and are between $150 and $250, from plastic body to full metal. There are a lot of different configurations to choose from on the M4 platform. The extra money leaves you a little more room for the necessities, including a battery and charger, since they don't come with one included.

That's a lot in my opinion to start with. If you're willing to spend that much, that's fine. My first gun was a G&G Combat Machine. They are fantastic guns and are between $150 and $250, from plastic body to full metal. There are a lot of different configurations to choose from on the M4 platform. The extra money leaves you a little more room for the necessities, including a battery and charger, since they don't come with one included.

So a good point would maybe be 200?

Well, if you don't know if you'd like the sport, you can always rent from your local field and buy later. If you would want to buy one for yourself, a JG Enhanced M4 is a good beginner gun, and it's not super expensive.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=3433

Also, what is the max amount of money you're willing to spend? There are a LOT of airsoft guns out there.

Oh, and is there a certain model you'd prefer more than another?

Is there a battery that you could recommend for the s-system? Could I run a higher voltage battery?

Is there a battery that you could recommend for the s-system? Could I run a higher voltage battery?

You can run a 9.6 in it, but it might have trouble fitting in the handguard.

If you have a larger budget, I would look into a King Arms M4, they are a bit nicer, but they cost a bit more. They run 9.6v batteries very easily, and they're pretty nice.

I would get an Elite Airsoft battery, they are very nice and have a good voltage.

By the way, newer G&Gs are known to have issues so I'd be wary.

Braden, why do you ask? If you're around MD there are a few fields I know of.

Yes, depending on the gun. A lot of people here sell nice guns for a low price, with nothing wrong usually. Just look around, and see what people have.

Guest alberty

I don't recommend the JG M4 S-System as some of its downsides may affect your opinion of airsoft's fun. With your budget, you can look at a lot different M4 configurations and different brands.

As I say in every thread, I don't highly recommend the S-System because:

- cramped battery space in the handguard, only fits 8.4v NiMh or smaller, otherwise you'll need to mount the battery externally in a PEQ box or battery bag

- TM-style receivers, beginners often break the tabs by accident, disassembly may be difficult with the front-wiring, and you'll have the two-piece hop-up unit

- front heavy due to battery compartment in the front and the rail system itself, so balance isn't great

Other than those, the rest of the gun is fine like the internals and performance. With your price range, I feel you can look at something better. I do like to recommend M4s that are wired to the rear in either a fixed M16 style stock or a crane stock. This frees up the front so you can change the front assembly any time in the future, and it also helps to give some more balance to the gun. It's also easier to get a battery in the rear instead of cramming it into a handguard.

Edited by alberty

Alberty's right, the S-System is good, but externals aren't great. I've had one that ran forever until the body cracked in half, and my friend's just didn't work.

JG Enhanced are nice, but I would look for one with a crane stock to make life easier.

I feel so stupid for not noticing that I picked the S-System for linkage.

Yes, King Arms is good. The Puppy said G&P, they're very nice as well and have a lot more models to chose from. If I were you, I'd look at both brands and see what you like best.