Sign in to follow this  
bootyhuntingislife

Which sniper?

Guest alberty

To be more descriptive, a budget of $100 and no tech knowledge yet for sniper rifle parts upgrading means you probably should avoid a spring sniper rifle. Without some serious money and time spent in upgrading and tuning a spring sniper rifle, it is no more effective than an AEG on the field in terms of range, and AEG users will have the advantage of select-fire and higher magazine capacity.

But to just point in a general direction, I'd probably recommend a JG BAR-10 because it is compatible with TM VSR-10 type aftermarket parts for your upgrading goals in the future.

Edited by alberty

Before anyone says anything.........

Awwww.....

But, in all honesty.

Like real guns, not all parts work, not all parts work well and it is not cheap to do or easy to do yourself if you have no clue on what your doing.

This isn't a video game where all parts fit and give you a set level of performance upgrade.

So, don't even waste your money buying one of the "bolt action" rifles.

You will be destroyed by automatic weapons.

I mean 100 dollars for upgrades as of now, meaning right up front, I will put money into it as I go from the moment I get paid, I comprehend what you guys are saying but if I put money into it as I go from week to week will I be fine. I have an aeg and play paintball with a electronic gun and I am knowledgable of these types of things. I just wanted to get more info on the matter, but will it be ok if I build up as I go?

...but will it be ok if I build up as I go?

Honestly...no, not really...well yeah certain parts. But, the spring will require a foundation of other upgrades before you put the heavier spring in.

Piece-mealing it is not recommended.

Edited by Guges Mk3

Guest alberty

Sure you could piece-as-you-go, but to really achieve that jaw-dropping sniper-like performance out of your airsoft sniper rifle it could take a long time. For a long time, you will feel like it's just a bolt-action rifle in terms of trying to compete against the enemy players with regular AEGs.

If you are definitely interested in the sniper/DM role, then sure go ahead and try it around. Just don't expect to be like getting crazy 2-mile headshots or something.

In the end, even a highly upgraded sniper rifle is still shooting spherical 6mm plastic BBs and is subject to aerodynamics. Try to use heavier ammo with whatever sniper rifle you use, such as 0.30g BBs or heavier.