Sign in to follow this  
Hcexiare2

KWA vs Marui

After deciding that I would not get the WE P226, I looked into Marui's version of the gun. however, another brand popped up- KWA. KWA have made a lot of 1911 pistols, including their Mark series. It seems that they also have their own version of the 226. question is, which one should I get? They are both around the same price, and good things have been said about both brands. If anyone has had any experience with both brands, with the 226 or not, a comment below would be helpful.

thx

And Pandora's box has once again been pried open.

Going to go ahead and drop my $.02 before the shitstorm hits.

KWA is decent in stock form, and for the most part it is going to stay that way with a few exceptions. When I was still teaching GBBs KWA had no parts in stock whatsoever. They're metal, they kick, they're OK on price. But be careful, as KWA loves to crank their GBBs to fps that are well over CQB limits.

TM will out range any other stock GBB on the market. That's just how the Marui Magic works. If you treat it right, properly maintain it, and use the right propellant for the right guns it will outlast everything too. Marui is also a popular manufacturer backed by tons of companies for upgrades and the like. I happen to know that the Guarder MBK for the 226 is very nice.

Its up to what you want.

I happen to know that the Guarder MBK for the 226 is very nice.

IF you get it fitted properly lol

Guarder slides and kits are known to have major fitting issues.