to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Putdown

Ignite Black Ops M4 Viper

As stated above, most youtube reviews are by 8 year olds who get crap guns from walmart. What does this mean? Don't trust them. I would recommend the JG "Grey Reciever" M4/M16 series, which are 9 guns with full metal internals that are identical but have different externals. The series is the M4A1, the M4 Commando, the M4-S System, the M4 CQB, the M4 CQB/R, M16A1, M16A3, and LR-16. Also, the G&G Combat Machine is oretty good, although it requires the purchasing of a battery and charger. That being said, for a walmart series Ignite/Black Ops Airsoft is your best bet. However, the JG's are much better, and between $135.00 and $170.00. Hope it helped.

Does anyone own or know much about the Walmart Ignite Black Ops M4 Viper? All the videos on youtube seem to speak highly of it, but I'd like to get some opinions from you guys. How do you like it? Is it upgradable? and most importantly, is it worth the $100?

It supposedly has a version 2 gearbox, but the EBB might make upgrading difficult. Not really worth it in my opinion.

Stay away from that 100%. All yourube reviews on guns from walmart like that are from people who don't have any other experience with high end AEGs. Spend the $40-$50 extra dollars for a JG or G&G.

Thanks for the help guys. There was one review by Diles46 that had alot of good to say from it and he seems to be pretty experienced. Idk, I'll still stay away from it, I was just curious on peoples opinions on it.

Guest alberty

Well, it's like a step in between LPEGs and standard-grade AEGs. But since it's so close, you're much better off spending the little extra money to bump up to a higher-grade AEG that doesn't have proprietary parts so you can upgrade, repair, and customize it easily in the future.

The Black Ops M4 is OEMed by APS, and the blowback feature is a cosmetic thing, doesn't really provide any kick or anything and just sounds like a loud metal clank. It is compatible with a decent amount of aftermarket parts but you're better off not going with a gun that has any proprietary or unique parts to deal with. Any proprietary/unique parts just makes your life difficult when it comes to changing anything with the gun.

It's OEM'd by APS. It's... Ok... I had one just to see what the corporate monster was bringing to the table, and did a half *** review on it, on YouTube just for the heck of it. I'm with everyone else. Go with the JG or G&G. The Ignite is good for plinking and backyard airsoft, at most.

Edited by Revy

Does anyone own or know much about the Walmart Ignite Black Ops M4 Viper? All the videos on youtube seem to speak highly of it, but I'd like to get some opinions from you guys. How do you like it? Is it upgradable? and most importantly, is it worth the $100?

It's not necessarily a bad gun. I mean, you get what you pay for: It is a $100 Wal-Mart gun. However, I personally think it's better than a Lancer Tactical, which can run you up to $20-$30 more than this gun, plus s&h and tax when ordering. All in all, it's a good thing to get as a LPEG to a low MPEG.

I actually happen to think its a good deal for what it is and what its internals are. theyre $89.99 & with tax it runs you into the $100 dollar range, and you still don't have to pay a ridiculous $20+ shipping fee

im not gonna say much about the externals. almost everything is a light and flimsy polymer which wouldnt be so bad if that flimsy part of it didnt lie in the receiver. the outer barrel, stock tube, and a few receiver pieces are metal

this guns true worth lies in its internals for what you get for the low price of the gun

the aps blowback is pretty fun to shoot if you throw a real good battery in there. yes its loud and clangy. it also gives a slight pseudo recoil effect to the gun. it makes you feel badass

the bol brand battery it comes with would probly be a decent battery if it was at least a 1600 mah and a 9.6v instead of a 700mah 8.4v

the wiring in the gun is pretty nice. silver. 7mm brass bushings. better than 6mm, nylon, or pot metal. its got a chrome silver whatever cylinder and a metal air seal nozzle. its pretty much standard aps internals dropped into a sportline body

the motor is your standard grey chinese weaksauce :/

also as mentioned before the flexy receiver causes a lot of structural issues. the front kit will bend side to side, you might smash your magwell out, and probly the worst: even a small drop will cause the receiver halves to seperate at the rear

good news is that aps compatible metal receives are in an affordable $50-$60 dollar range. the metal receiver is a must buy for this gun. and like other cheap guns, a better motor and battery are excellent choices

its not bad for the cost of the gun and no s&h plus an mbk purchase. it basically comes down to preference whether you want to save money or you just want to spend extra for an actual aps or javelin. the ignite is essentially a sportline and as such I think that it meets a balance between same quality internals and cheaper externals quite well

Meh, just pick up a JG M4. We had one of those things, and while I LOVE the ARL design (ARL is actually on a post, and the latch fits on the post. The little spring even goes inside of it!), and the decent gearbox, it's not good enough for the price. We took it apart to check it after a mere 4 months of ownership, we were pretty disappointed to find not one, but TWO gears with broken teeth, 3 on the sector and one on the spur.

Like I said in the first line just save yourself the trouble and go with a JG. No flashy box, no fancy name. Just good old JG and their Chinese wonders.

I actually happen to think its a good deal for what it is and what its internals are. theyre $89.99 & with tax it runs you into the $100 dollar range, and you still don't have to pay a ridiculous $20+ shipping fee

Unfortunately, the "you get what you pay for" rule does not necessarily apply in this situation. Let me tell ya'll a story: "When I was but a wee lad, my lil' brother and I each bought a 'Well G3 R-8 CQB RAS' which was what ye ol' airsplat called it back in those days. I loved that gun with all me heart, and so did me brother, until me brother quit airsoft for the blasted sport *sniffle* paintball (I don't really have anything against paintball, in fact I record paintball often). Anyway, those electric weapons cost us each a whopping 79.99 shillings, and free shipping I might add. To this day, I still have my R-8, without any of those "upgrades" you youngsters are doing these days. I got what I paid for, and much more. Then again, back in my day you could get a JG G36c for $99.99, now you cant find a darn blasted one out there that you wont end up spendin' over $140!"

I have to agree with the majority on this one, grab yourself a JG or a G&G; you will be so much better off.

yea I can remember back when I didnt even know what jg was and the lorcin g3 I got that autofed bb's was in the $70 to $90 dollar range. it broke quickly and I sent it back. never got a refund

and then most clones these days are in the $200 plus range. if youre on the "budget" of a couple years ago then the ignite m4 at walmart is probly the best bet for your affordability. you cant be rough with it though. youll have to baby it beyond babying because of its external weakness. but it has decent internals that will perform reliably and well enough for that 90 bucks

if you had the money to buy a jg or other clone then I dunno why the ignite would even be on your option list. a full metal aps or javelin would be a better choice if you liked the ebb which is different than g&g's

Edited by Zemanova

I have a new model they came out with a little while ago and just because it is sold at walmart does not mean its a bad gun they are sold at other places too. But I'd like to say it performs very well with perfect accuracy if you adjust the hop up and sights correctly (ironsights, red dot sight, etc.) I took it to my airsoft field and it performed great with 340 to 350 fps with .20 bbs so please just because its sold a certain store doesnt mean its a bad gun. besides it has a full metal body and full metal gearbox some $300 guns don't even have that!

... .20 bbs so please just because its sold a certain store doesnt mean its a bad gun. besides it has a full metal body and full metal gearbox some $300 guns don't even have that!

Um...certain models are not suppose to have a metal body. You would be laughed at incessantly if you say your Masada, G36 or P90 had a metal body.

And there are different grades of metal. Most of which are not good.

Also can you identify which 300.00 AEG does not have a metal mechbox? I need one for a project and the low end ones are not cutting it.

Also can you identify which 300.00 AEG does not have a metal mechbox? I need one for a project and the low end ones are not cutting it.

I heard the new SystemaMarui full metal AUG has a poly gearbox, only $345.67

My friend bought an Ignite Black Ops M4 when he was getting back into airsoft. He played with it once before the receiver became bent, so he returned it and got a G&G, and it has not given him any problems whatsoever.

I'm probably wrong, but the most expensive gun I've seen with a poly gearbox is the $150-ish version of the Tavor. And apparently they last surprisingly long, since one of the guys I played with in Tacoma said he'd had his a good while, and the box said it was the Explorer model.

I'm probably wrong, but the most expensive gun I've seen with a poly gearbox is the $150-ish version of the Tavor. And apparently they last surprisingly long, since one of the guys I played with in Tacoma said he'd had his a good while, and the box said it was the Explorer model.

the crosman r76 also comes with one of these poly gb's. yes they are quite impressively durable for being non metal. I would almost go so far as to trust a poly shell over a metal one especially in gb versions that are prone to shell failures like the v2

I would trust a poly v2 shell for a dmr build over a metal one (cnc excluded)

I see the post about the bent receiver. im gonna guess it was the upper. as I may have already posted in the past above..

the upper receiver of this gun is the absolute worst part of the entire thing. its so flimsy that the only way it should be used is for a stubby build

I actually have one I found on clearance for around $30 so I bought it for cheap parts. It really isn't bad but I wouldn't have spent $100 on it. They make a non-EBB one that I would have liked better. I also picked up two 1911 Hi Capa clones by the same company for the same price each and have been using them for a year now with little sign of them breaking down.