Sign in to follow this  
maxxlimited

KWA G36C Pre-Engagement Help

I recently bought a new 11.1V 20C lipo for my g36C and I'm running into pre-engagement problems. Gearbox is stock, other than the m85 spring that I have in there. I'm fairly certain the pre-engagement is caused by the weak spring, but this is basically the only spring I can use on the gun without going over 350 fps (CQB field limit).

My gun is shooting at ~330 fps right now with the M85. I've tried a PDI 120% in the past, and that puts the fps at 360ish, which is over the limit.

Any suggestion on fixing the pre-engagement issue without resorting to short stroking (don't have access to the tools)?

Buy a more powerful spring, new piston with several metal teeth, and then short stroke said piston. The strong spring will prevent the pre-engagement, and the short stroking will bring your FPS down to the level you need for your field.

Because a washer is heavy, thus making the piston heavy. Heavy pistons cause an increase in stress on the pick up tooth, as well as slower return times. They may act as a spacer to pre-compress the spring even further, but then you run the risk of bottoming the spring out. Also, any befit of the spacer to pre-compress the spring will be negated by the heavy piston and slower return time.

You also could run a standard m110 or 120 and change the cyclinder. Like a full cyclinder. Zackox tested my gearbox with a gaurder sp120. Shortstroked one tooth,full cyclinder with a C length barrel. 315-320 fps. That spring should be over 400fps.

Ok, thanks for the suggestion, I hadn't thought about that.

I'm going to try putting in a m110 spring and short stroke 2 teeth. If I'm still shooting too hot, I'll get the full cylinder to drop the fps even more. Any recommendations on a good piston for short stroking? I'm considering the G&P piston, http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPat...oducts_id=25949

Ok, thanks for the suggestion, I hadn't thought about that.

I'm going to try putting in a m110 spring and short stroke 2 teeth. If I'm still shooting too hot, I'll get the full cylinder to drop the fps even more. Any recommendations on a good piston for short stroking? I'm considering the G&P piston, http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPat...oducts_id=25949

That should work, so long as you can get the meshing right. The KWA GB is a little off from the Marui and all Mauri compatible pistons seem to be a little different from one another so some pistons work better than others in a KWA. Unless you try what's in your hand it is hard to guarantee what works, but KWA will stand by what they sell as a piston.

Be sure to take the teeth on the pickup side of your sector off. Be sure to correct your AOE. Think about a ported piston head or porting your KWA aluminum piston head.

portedkwaph.jpg

Edited by philsaudio

You also could run a standard m110 or 120 and change the cyclinder. Like a full cyclinder. Zackox tested my gearbox with a gaurder sp120. Shortstroked one tooth,full cyclinder with a C length barrel. 315-320 fps. That spring should be over 400fps.

I don't think suggesting a full cylinder to change the FPS purposely is a good idea... I think the best thing to do is get a stronger spring and short stroke.