to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
hazmaat

Where to start with buying gear?

In your opinions, where would you start with buying gear? What comes first?

If you just started out again, what would you start with? A plate carrier/chest rig, sidearm, more mags, helmet, ect?

Really, what I'm asking is what is the most important gear to have first (IYO), before you veer off into buying arbitrary things?

GOOD GOGGLES AND FACE PROTECTION!!! I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH!!! Then, hydration, BBs, batteries, etc. The essentials.

Then a chest rig or battle belt and midcaps.

Then a sidearm with a few extra mags and a good holster.

All the while, remember that gun upgrades are fairly cheap and will impact the way you play and the gear you'll need/want. If you/your gun can't hit the broad side of a barn at 50 yards, you'll need more mags and a heavier setup because you'll miss a lot. If you're drilling quarters at 250 feet, you could buy less mags and a lighter setup, thereby needing to carry less gear/water/ammo/etc.

GOOD GOGGLES AND FACE PROTECTION!!! I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH!!! Then, hydration, BBs, batteries, etc. The essentials.

Then a chest rig or battle belt and midcaps.

Then a sidearm with a few extra mags and a good holster.

All the while, remember that gun upgrades are fairly cheap and will impact the way you play and the gear you'll need/want. If you/your gun can't hit the broad side of a barn at 50 yards, you'll need more mags and a heavier setup because you'll miss a lot. If you're drilling quarters at 250 feet, you could buy less mags and a lighter setup, thereby needing to carry less gear/water/ammo/etc.

^ Except after face protection, hydration then batteries. But buy BBs when you buy the gun.

I would add sturdy boots to that list. I was down for a feew days after a major ankle twist due me getting a deal on great boots. But after eye protection, face protection and sturdy boots....well its all about how you play. In three years I have gone through 4 different set ups with my rig. I would love to say that I have found THE RIG but who knows what the next game will be.

But, if I were going to do it all over..as you are asking.....I would NOT buy one of the plastic face covers. I had soooooo many issues and drilled soooooooo many holes in it trying to get air to move through it. I would definatly buy one of the metal mesh ones....and as I recently had a bb land in my ear......keeping in mind it got around my ear protection, head wrap and goggle strap.... I would look into one with the higher sides.

A belt, nothing fancy but you MUST have a belt. You don't want to run around wobbling like a penguin holding your pants up.

If you ever plan on playing CQB, get a paintball mask. Not Revisions and a mesh mask, not Revisions and a balaclava, or a bandana or a mouth guard. Those are fine (sorta) for field where you are getting hit with fewer and lower FPS BBs but a 350 FPS gun at 15 feet is going to chip a tooth at the very least or embed itself in the side of your face.