to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
PwningPanda

*Newbie here* G&G Combat Machine Raider vs Echo 1 Stag 15 RIS

Which Airsoft gun?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

• Echo 1 Stag 15 M4 w/ Crane Stock
    • G&G Combat Machine 16 Raider RIS

Hello there!

I am a new soon-to-be Airsoft player.

The reason why I came here is because I was wondering which Airsoft gun to get.

I have always wanted to get a good quality AEG, though I do not know which to buy.

I was planning to buy an Echo 1 Stag 15 M4 w/ Crane Stock, though someone else suggested me to get a G&G Combat Machine 16 Raider RIS.

Now,I am stuck on deciding which to get.

Can you help me?

And also.

If you have a gun suggestion, please post it.

The specs should be:

Around $150 - $210

Below 400 FPS ( The Airsoft field that is near me has a requirement of below 400 to qualify)

I would be playing both CQB and Field.

I prefer the M4 platform, though any other platforms can be accepted.

I'm not a big fan of Blowbacks/Gas gun, so please..Battery powered? :3

Quick Edit: RIS too, please?

Please help.

Thank youuu! :)

~ A new Airsoft Player

Edited by JusticeNotVengeance

The Echo 1 is a good pick for your price range. Newer G&G CMs have been having issues in need of tissues(wiring probs if I'm correct).

Welcome to the forum and the world of airsoft by the way.

The Echo 1 is a good pick for your price range. Newer G&G CMs have been having issues in need of tissues(wiring probs if I'm correct).

Welcome to the forum and the world of airsoft by the way.

I'm still kinda leaning towards the CM though, since I heard E1 guns weren't that durable and that G&G was better. What's your opinion on this? Thanks c:

Guest alberty

If you are getting an AEG, you can change the spring in the gearbox to meet the field's limit, so you do not need to restrict your purchases based just on FPS out of the box.

There's nothing wrong with Echo 1 in general, but you have to keep in mind that it is a brand that relabels various models from different manufacturers for its releases. So basically, if there's any product issue you need to trace it back to the OEM. For the Echo 1 Stag-Arms M4s/M16s, the OEM is JG and JG is fine.

If you are getting an AEG, you can change the spring in the gearbox to meet the field's limit, so you do not need to restrict your purchases based just on FPS out of the box.

There's nothing wrong with Echo 1 in general, but you have to keep in mind that it is a brand that relabels various models from different manufacturers for its releases. So basically, if there's any product issue you need to trace it back to the OEM. For the Echo 1 Stag-Arms M4s/M16s, the OEM is JG and JG is fine.

Thank you for the reply!

So are you suggesting the Echo 1?

I might try it.

Also, if I was to get the Echo 1, what spring should I get? (The Stag 15 has a fps of 400, while my field req is below 400)

Thanks! c:

Guest alberty

I am not necessarily recommending the Echo 1 Stag-Arms M4 over the G&G Combat Machine, I think both will give you a similar value. I'm just trying to help people understand what that brand name means and why it can't be generalized since many different brands are used as OEM for different models.

I think both of those guns will not shoot above 400 FPS with 0.20g BBs. For sure the G&G Combat Machine M4s will probably not shoot even 400, as for the Echo 1 it's very unlikely to have such good compression & air seal to shoot 400, maybe 380 at most.

Okay, one last thing. If I was to get the G&G CM16, how will I be able to increase the FPS? If it is another spring, please specify which spring I am suppose to take. Thank you!

Same spring, just get a bigger one.

Guest alberty

I think G&G Combat Machine M4s seem to have about an M100 spring stock. However, the piston head's o-ring is too small from factory, so if you replace that you can fix compression and gain a lot of FPS back and make it consistent, also extend the life of your piston and piston head. Some stock G&G CM M4s chrono as low as 300 FPS with 0.20g BBs because of this too-small o-ring.

The most accurate thing to do is to just chrono your gun before making any changes. If you're lucky it will shoot higher like 350-360 with 0.20g BBs.

If after you fix piston head o-ring and you still want higher, you get a higher-rated spring like M120.