to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
RedRaptor

Looking for good all around gbb side arm

Hey all!!

ok so ive been playing airsoft for a while now and I would like to finally drop some cash on a decent side arm. Im not TOO picky about models, but im mostly partial to USP, M9, 1911 (Sometimes) 5-7, and P99 and am not a huge fan of glock series. but over all I want a very solid, reliable, and accurate gun. Im looking to spend no more than about 150 and have a spare mag included in that price. Alsoa decent kick back and a rail for lights\lasers would be a great addition. So thoughts, suggestions, and anything else would be greatly appreciated!!

P.s im REALLY tempted to drop an extra 100 on an Mp7, its just so damn beautiful!

Guest alberty

If you're able to go for the more expensive option, a Tokyo Marui GBB would be a great option in terms of performance and reliability. Just keep in mind not to use green gas/propane with a stock, unupgraded one in very hot weather.

After some serious debating within myself and a quick run to gi tactical helped me to decide. Im planning on saving a bit of extra cash and splurging on the MP7. Its a little big for a side arm, but I have been wanting an MP7 for the longest time. Plus I generally run as a DM so the extra shots downrange never hurts.

Except now I am beyond conflicted, after pricing out both the MP7 and the Five-seveN (Another dream gun of mine) I cant help but want to go with the Five-SeveN. Even with 3 mags, it comes out less than the MP7 with 2 mags and the flute valve. I realize that they are both completely opposite types of gun, but I want them both equally!! Ha ha

Thank you for all your help thus far!

I would say go with the TM 5-7, great gun and much much lighter than an MP7, they are a lot heavier than they look.

*cough* Hi-Capa *cough cough*

Yeah Im still debating between the two. The MP7 is so damn fun to shoot and I know I would have a blast with it, but the mag price is what kills me and the size is a bit goofy to run with as a sidearm. On the other hand we have the 5-7 which is unique, cheaper and a bit more practical. But I feel like there would be better support if the KWA starts acting up since it is more readily available here in the states. Where the 5-7 is generally only available over seas and mid summer temperatures here in Va. don't play kindly with more fragile guns like the 5-7. Its such a dilemma attempting to pick between two very cool guns! Thanks again for the input.

PS. I actually had a WE Hi Capa and was really impressed with the performance and mag compacity, but I just HATED the way it looked and felt. It was big, clunky, and just didn't feel right with me. That's actually the reason I am looking for another side arm, I just sold the hicapa!

PSS. If I were to go with the 5-7 from red wolf, How long does shipping usually take and is there anything I should be worried about? I have never ordered overseas and am not to familiar with how customs handles these things.

Edited by RedRaptor

Guest alberty

I'd probably go with an MP7, it could be used well as both a primary and a secondary. Sure mags are a little more expensive than mags of other guns, but it's not like a huge dealbreaker considering the kind of gun you'd be getting into.

The TM 5-7 is cool but extended use with propane or green gas can kill it quickly. I think the overseas shipping cost from Redwolf is expensive as far as I recall.

Well it seems as if you pretty much made up your mind, but just in case you're still open to opinions this seems like it would be a decent secondary:

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=25031

It may be able to fit into a holster too depending on which one is being used (prob wont fit in a hard case), but one would prob have to store the ext mag in a different pouch.... I dunno :]

The Mp7 is really nice though for CQB.

I know I'm going to get crap for this but I recommend the WE-Tech G17/we 17 its a hundred dollars and the only mess ups I've had with it was my nozzle cracked because I was trying to use a CO2 adapter on the gun so I could use CO2 in it.

also later down the rode you will have to pick up a new outer barrel and trigger bar lever.

I recommend the guarder loading nozzle if your breaks, the guarder trigger bar lever, and the guarder outer barrel.

You can get all of this off of evike and for about $160 and the gun will last you a while. Although if you go to get a holster get a glock 22 holster (g22 45 A.C.P) because we made it a little bit bigger like the size of the glock 22 so they they don't get in trouble by you know who.

Edited by Hondaman477