Sign in to follow this  
digster

Is this a decent gun?

My little brother has been looking for a new airsoft aeg SMG and he found as you may have already read, the Galaxy mp5k for $130. It has a decent RoF and fps for an SMG. If anybody could tell me anything about this gun that would be great. Thank you!

BTW, he is 11 years old and his best airsoft gun is a $70 ak47

Edited by digster

Height has absolutely nothing to do with which gun they get. Get what he likes cosmetically and accessories it with, GOOD batts, GOOD Mags and a GOOD charger.

I have played with a 5'3" guy who used a SG1 in CQB very effectively. As well as a player that was 6'3" with a MP5K, who held off a whole flank.

You can find Galaxy MP5K for 100-110.00, shipped...here and there.

Edited by Guges Mk3

My little brother has been looking for a new airsoft aeg SMG and he found as you may have already read, the Galaxy mp5k for $130. It has a decent RoF and fps for an SMG. If anybody could tell me anything about this gun that would be great. Thank you!

BTW, he is 4'8" and his best airsoft gun is a $70 ak47

For $130, you are overpaying an absurd amount. This gun normally retailed, when it was still in production, under $100. many places sold it for under $70.

The gun is also pretty crappy. externals are meh, the accuracy is total garbage.... and when you have average rof and low fps and bad accuracy... you really don't have a worthwhile gun.

While not an SMG, A better gun in that price range would be a cm028 ak47 variant, and because of his small size, I'd reccomend one with a folding stock, as that'd be slightly more smg-like and simply lighter. They are actually remarkably reliable guns, and in the $100- $120 range. I've seen some continue to last over 4 years in relatively tough fights, and they still run. they are not as externally nice as a dboys, they are significantly better internally. and for a beginner, I'd recommend internals over externals because internals are more complicated to upgrade generally than externals.

edit: guges is right. do get all of those things for the gun your brother wants. if he is doing cqb, I would suggest getting a good gbb, such as kjw, kwa, or marui. they can easily hold their own in close quarters. I, and several others, have been able in some circumstances to drive rifle-wielding teams back all the way to spawn almost singlehandedly with a gbb pistol.

Edited by xX_DevgruBagel_Xx

For $130, you are overpaying an absurd amount. This gun normally retailed, when it was still in production, under $100. many places sold it for under $70.

The gun is also pretty crappy. externals are meh, the accuracy is total garbage.... and when you have average rof and low fps and bad accuracy... you really don't have a worthwhile gun.

You sure you didn't just get a lemon? The impression I got is that they actually have quite good accuracy, the kind of accuracy and range you rarely see on a stock gun that small unless it's a TM.

They're also actually still in production. Not as cheap as they used to be, because they aren't being mass imported (probably the whole Umarex/H&K thing), but they are still available on some foreign sites. Either still in production or a hell of a lot of old stock.

You sure you didn't just get a lemon? The impression I got is that they actually have quite good accuracy, the kind of accuracy and range you rarely see on a stock gun that small unless it's a TM.

They're also actually still in production. Not as cheap as they used to be, because they aren't being mass imported (probably the whole Umarex/H&K thing), but they are still available on some foreign sites. Either still in production or a hell of a lot of old stock.

not sure where you got that impression.. I've heard many people say the accuracy is garbage, and had photos to back that up. I don't own the gun.

Its a cheap gun. You get cheap performance. And accuracy isn't everything.

Guest alberty

The Galaxy MP5K isn't spectacular so just think of it as getting what you pay for...

It's the cheapest workable MP5K AEG option I guess, but there's a lot of better stuff out there if you don't need a strictly small gun.

I have used the galaxy mp5k quite a bit, as it was the rental gun used in the cqb field I play in before I started buying my own guns.

Externally, it is made entirely out of plastic, but it is a good, solid plastic. don't expect it to break, as the quality only second to TM.

The only problem I have had with the mp5k is the mag misfeeding. But that can be solved with higher quality metal magazines from brands such as g&p or classic army.

Apart from that the mp5k is a reasonable starter's aeg with decent range and accuracy for a cqb field.

And as guges has already said, a good battery and charger is very important. Otherwise you will be sitting there watching everyone play because your gun doesn't work.

I've heard many people say the accuracy is garbage, and had photos to back that up. I don't own the gun.

A lot of kids also say the WE Hi-Capa is made of godsauce.

Galaxy MP5K: clean the barrel and give it a new quality hop rubber and you're good to go. Don't forget that this IS a china clone gun. Like any clone gun they're built in a hurry and more often than not are smothered in lube so some of it often finds its way down the barrel making for crappy out of the box precision (as many would attest to in reviews). Just don't pay $150 for it unless maybe it's sporting a metal receiver. PDW, not so great as the rear of the receiver has a high tendency of breaking when abused.