Sign in to follow this  
Rancore

are these tech prices worth it?

A tech is offering to install a speed tuneable trigger for hair trigger mod for $15, btc chimera mosfet mk2 for $155 including the mosfet, 15 for spring upgrade and 35 for shipping and labor. I just want a general consensus if they agree this is a good or bad deal because I don't want to get ripped off.

A tech is offering to install a speed tuneable trigger for hair trigger mod for $15, btc chimera mosfet mk2 for $155 including the mosfet, 15 for spring upgrade and 35 for shipping and labor. I just want a general consensus if they agree this is a good or bad deal because I don't want to get ripped off.

Hair Trigger $15.00

mosfet and install $155.00

Spring: $15.00

Shippimg and Labor $35.00

Total: $220.00

This may be a little bit over-priced.

To do all of this and not have a complete Full Tune Up that would include AOE Correction, shimming, Additional Sorbo to the Cylinder Head and Deans Connectors is the question I am asking to both the tech and the OP. Definitely need a Warranty involved of no less than 30 days for all labor, and parts on the mosfet.

Edited by vanevery

Its abit fair, really cheap labor which is abit on the edgy side but him asking for the rest of the stuff comes into the same amount I would charge which isnt to expensive especially when his labor includes shipping.

Price is fair if the mosfet is "new".

Warranty?

And how would you ensure that no one messes with your "work" after they get it and then say, "Hey, the gun stopped working and it's still under warranty?"

I had to get creative once with a "problem" kid...after the second your "work" failed...I marked the inside of the mechbox with a small piece of nylon and took a dated picture with it.

When the mechbox failed a surprising third time, the "kid" tried to get me to cover my warranty and me seeing that the nylon was gone...I know the little turd was pulling a fast one on me...from that point on...I do not "warranty" my work, but I will look at it if something stops working and I make sure my secret marks are there now.

Edited by Guges Mk3

You are sending it to a tech. Techs offer their services to make money, which means they need to charge "labor" on everything they do. Most of the parts look like you are getting them at retail prices (The Chimera is a little high I believe though, at least compared to ASF "Dealers".

Along with that, the tech has to charge money in anticipation of future problems. I.e, offset the cost of you return it back to him for warranty work/broken gun/something isn't working right. Most people are idiots and even if they break the gun, they assume it was the techs fault, so they go back kicking and screaming until they get their way. That cost the tech money, and so he has to charge a bit in order to prepare for that.

You are sending your gun to a tech. It is going to be costly. If you sent it to me, I would charge you the cost of parts (so assume the same cost as you have listed), $50 labor fee and return shipping. His prices are pretty fair.

if your going to have a "tech" work on your gun make an effort to find a decent local one. try not to do a "online" transaction with it. there are so many things that can go wrong. shipping, it may break or get bumped around and not work right. the tech may goof something small up then you are shipping it back and wasting time, or he may be busy.

http://tigertacticalairsoft.com/blacktalon...box-p-2526.html

is that the mosfet you where looking to get? just wondering.

also its always good to learn how to work on your own gun. it maybe a small cost initially but over time, but learning how to do it right saves alot of money.

also do your research on this tech to make sure he is legit. if he has alot of good feed back, then go for it, but if he has some bad or ZERO feed back, find someone else. there are alot of people that can take a airsoft gun apart and put it back together and go "im a great tech" just be smart with it. make sure you make a good time table for the work (2 weeks total turn around) from your house to his. that if he has the parts on had, if not it may be 4 weeks or more. the work you posted you want done should take a total of 4 hours give or take. thats with take down installing everything, putting it back together and testing.

when I did tech work I would use a colored wax and cover the screw holes and take pictures if the wax was messed up the warranty was void. also started to get "colored shims" and put on on a gear in a certain order and take a pic lol