Johnli56

Tanaka m700 problem

Hey guys, I have a tanaka m700 and I have a few problems with it. So the gun was shooting fine yesterday, but then today when I tried to shoot it again it won't even dry fire. I filled the mag up with propane(no leaks) pulled the bolt back, loaded a bb, and pulled the trigger. What I heard was just the spring hitting the mag, no gas, not even a hiss. I pulled the mag out, pressed the gas release button and all the gas did come out.

Now, what I thought was that the striker spring was too weak. So I opened the bolt up, took two flat head screws out, and tightened the striker spring(at least I think thats what that spring is called, excuse me if im wrong). Now I have a second problem, when I put the 2 pieces of the bolt back together the flathead's screw holes don't line up and are slightly covered by one part of the bolt. (probably should show you guys a photo, I'll upload later)

I think that a new mag would fix the first problem, but I'm not sure why I can't fit these 2 flathead screws back on the bolt. I've tried twisting it, shoving it closer together. Also, I have tried searching this online, there are no tanaka m700 bolt disassembly videos?

Any advice or help would be much appreciated, I'm quite unexperienced with gas guns so excuse me if I completely miss something obvious or don't know what you're talking about. Just tell me if you need photos or certain parts of the gun and I'll upload some.

This is one beast of a gun when it worked before, would love some help to get it running again.

There shouldn't be anything keeping the two halves from lining up except from the pressure of the striker spring itself. Try to clean the bolt halves and see if any debris found its way inside. Also, when tightening the striker spring (usually the cause of light strikes) make sure to loosen the grub screw at the bottom of the striker first or you could risk damaging the screw or the striker. It's possible to chew off material from the screw and have it lodge somewhere inside causing your second problem.

There shouldn't be anything keeping the two halves from lining up except from the pressure of the striker spring itself. Try to clean the bolt halves and see if any debris found its way inside. Also, when tightening the striker spring (usually the cause of light strikes) make sure to loosen the grub screw at the bottom of the striker first or you could risk damaging the screw or the striker. It's possible to chew off material from the screw and have it lodge somewhere inside causing your second problem.

I accidentally mustve locked up the half of the bolt with the striker spring inside it. This caused it to not be able to align correctly, I fixed it by twisting the bolt and now the screw holes align perfectly. And to tighten the striker spring, I just turn this screw clockwise?

Edit:fixed bolt, I'm missing the grub screw.... Still looking for help on why it's not firing.

Edited by W1ldturtle

Find a replacement grub screw for the striker if not use blue loctite. If it's still not firing after tightening the striker spring screw (the long one) remove the mag and dry fire the gun to see if the valve knocker actually goes forward to hit the valve. If it doesn't then you have a possible obstruction or the valve knocker or striker has deformed enough that the sides are binding. If that's working ok, the only other thing I could think of is a worn o-ring in the mag. In time o-rings will conform to the shape they're sitting in making for a trapezoidal cross section instead of round. This ultimately means making it harder for the valve to open and on GBB pistols it means light strikes. The striker on the M700 is actually pretty strong though and at the worst you'd just get reduced fps if that does happen, so I dunno.

I think I fixed it, I adjusted the striker spring and now it's working. My mag is still oversized and expanded due to the usage of propane though. It's a very tight fit, so tight that I have to get a hammer and a chisel to get the mag out.

I was looking on airsoft gi and found this mag. It says it would fit and green gas /propane would work, but is this action army company any good?

http://www.airsoftgi.com/mobile/product_in...oducts_id=14637

I think I fixed it, I adjusted the striker spring and now it's working. My mag is still oversized and expanded due to the usage of propane though. It's a very tight fit, so tight that I have to get a hammer and a chisel to get the mag out.

I was looking on airsoft gi and found this mag. It says it would fit and green gas /propane would work, but is this action army company any good?

http://www.airsoftgi.com/mobile/product_in...oducts_id=14637

I have an expanded long mag. I made it usable again by clamping the outermost edges (where it meets the backplate) in a vise. I now run it with a ~110PSI air rig; works like a champ.

I didn't know AA made a long mag. If I'd known that, I probably wouldn't have bought my second Tanaka long mag when I was in London last year.

Edited by vulrath

I have an expanded long mag. I made it usable again by clamping the outermost edges (where it meets the backplate) in a vise. I now run it with a ~110PSI air rig; works like a champ.

I didn't know AA made a long mag. If I'd known that, I probably wouldn't have bought my second Tanaka long mag when I was in London last year.

I think the AA mag came out in july this year so that was the only other option. Could you take a photo of where and how you clamped it? I just need to apply pressure to the top part don't I?

I think the AA mag came out in july this year so that was the only other option. Could you take a photo of where and how you clamped it? I just need to apply pressure to the top part don't I?

Unfortunately, I don't have photos, but I disassembled the mag, then clamped the back end of the reservoir. You're basically just looking to move the walls back enough to allow the mag to drop free. It doesn't take much.