to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
KiloSierra

Help on DMR build

Ok hey guys its my first post in a pretty long tme so I just wanted to say hey again. Anyway to the reason for the build, I just moved up north in the New York area and I only have 2 gbb rifles and a co2 pistol and then a broken aeg m4. The co2 pistol is fine for winter. But the 2 gbbr won't work. So what I wanted to do for my winter gun since it snows is rebuild my current broken m4. The gun is a SRC M4 fighting cat custom, link:http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=34155. So that is the base gun.

Now for the build list, any suggestions or changes or anything that would help me out please tell me I would appreciate it.

Externals:

Amp 12" Free Float Ris

JG full metal 10" outer barrel

SWR trident 6.75 in barrel extension/ mock suppressor(already have)

G&G crane stock(already have)

Osprey 10-40x50mm scope( I know its a little bit excessive but I got it for free)

utg tactical op bipod adjustable

Internals:

Lonex aluminum cylinder head

lonex polycarb piston head

lonex extreme toughness red piston

lonex 6.03mm 407mm inner barrel

lonex ball bearing spring guide

lonex m130 spring

what hop up bucking?

shs high torque motor

shs 100:200 gears

lonex wire set rear wired

If you try to shoot a 6mm BB with a 10-40x scope, you're gonna have a bad time.

4x is generally considered on the high side for most airguns, but IMO the best one to have is a 3-9 or a 3-12 if you can find it. You'll do your shooting all right around 3x, but have the high power range for scouting and observation.

If someone gave me a pink tutu with a tulle skirt, for free, that doesn't mean I *have* to wear it, even if it is really nice. :D

I'll be honest, I'm not even sure I'd put a 10-40x optic on my real-steel PSL-54C.

THe Guarder SP120 spring is one I'm a bit more familiar with. It'll sit a little bit over 420fps on a good airseal right off the bat, but settle in just below 400 after a couple thousand rounds, and not budge after that. Lonex might be better for your application, butr I can't speak to whether or not I believe so because I'm not accustomed to their pressure ranges and consistencies.

My favorite standard bucking is the Guarder 70-degree bucking. You do have to push over 340-350FPS to use it without jamming, but in that regard it's like any other hard-type bucking. It's very reliable after a short break-in period, delivers excellent airseal and backspin consistency, and has a fantastic service life. If you really want to leave the competition in the dust though, the only way to go is an R-hop and some heavy ammo.

I can't say yea or nay on the motor, but I can warn you in advance that I've had two sets of the SHS 100:200 ratio helical gears and one had an egg-shaped spur gear, and the second set had a spur gear with an eccentric axle and an eccentric mill line between the outside of the teeth and the inside of the teeth. You get what you pay for, and even the budget-basement Bravo helicals I picked up instead have done admirably in comparison.

well my dad gave it to me off his ar-10 and so I cant remember but I think I have got a leaper 4x32 sitting around somewhere. And I guess ill spring for some better gears. So on the spring your saying that the guarder spring will be pushing 400fps and then along with the rest of the mods it will do even better, basically. And currently I am a novel tech on aegs and have just been fixing my friends guns and such. im good with gbbrs though. With that said how hard would it be to r-hop for a beginner like me. I am going to have to do the mods myself because there are no shops within 2hrs+

okay so updated list I think this should be everything that I need

Externals: All the same as first post

Internals:

Hunterseeker IR hop Z kit

SHS 32:1 ratio gears

SHS High Torque Motor

Systema Area 1000 spring guide

Lonex Cylinder head

Lonex Polyccarb Piston Head

Lonex red extreme toughness piston

Lonex switch assembly (rear wired)

Prometheus shims

Lonex or Madbull? 407mm 6.03mm inner barrel

okay so updated list I think this should be everything that I need

Externals: All the same as first post

Internals:

Hunterseeker IR hop Z kit

SHS 32:1 ratio gears

SHS High Torque Motor

Systema Area 1000 spring guide

Lonex Cylinder head

Lonex Polyccarb Piston Head

Lonex red extreme toughness piston

Lonex switch assembly (rear wired)

Prometheus shims

Lonex or Madbull? 407mm 6.03mm inner barrel

Honestly...you over doing it. Way over doing it. Wish HS5 was here then just follow his links for improving compression. If none of your internals are cracked, ill fitting, broken or "just not right" leave it alone. You will not need 3/4 of the parts you listed.

Here is his link:

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/Miscella...Tw-t220266.html

You don't need a High Torque Motor and High Torque gears. Especially for a M130 class spring.

Note: If you want a really good spring. Get the Japanese ones...50% premium, but they don't "settle" much at all. Have a PDI 190 (M120 Class) and after 1.5 years...AEG is only on average ~5fps lower than the day it went in.

As for the barrel...do not get Madbull. Anything but coated aluminum barrels for longevity.

If your running a HT motor you want standard ratio gears or even speed gears. Otherwise trigger response will suffer.

Edited by Guges Mk3

Not my link mate, I stole it from Airborne. ;) :P I just put it in my sig (middle link) because its something that very frequently helps people.

I second Guges on not needing those gears as well. A FET might not be a bad plan, and if you're soldering averse (you really should learn) there are options out now which let you get away without soldering you could use instead of that wiring harness.

Also not to come in here and talk about my own gear all over the place, but you'll probably want the madbull barrel with that IR-hop because the Lonex barrels have stubby little windows last I checked.

And as always, all the tweaks and bits and bobs in the middle link in my signature. You'll need most of 'em if you want this gun to perform.

Ok so I think I've got it. But before I list what I think, I should tell you I want to reach 250ft at least.

I was also thinking about 450fps with .20g bbs.

Flat Hop mod

KWA 2GX bucking

Barrel stabilization

Polish cylinder and cylinder head

Correct AOE(should the stock piston be ok)

Lonex Cylinder Head

Prometheus m135sp spring

Now should I get the Prometheus barrel with the rhop already installed or should I get the madbull barrel with flat hop mod.

Or the prommy barrel with the flat hop mod.

Now I didn't want to spend a fortune on a inner barrel, since the prommy barrel is 70$. I would rather get the madbull barrel if I can still reach the wanted results.

Also would a madbull rail system work on this gun

And how do you convert to semi auto only to be compliant for field use.

Edited by KiloSierra

Get prommy,lonex or core steel barrels or go home :)

I know but prommy is super expensive and the lonex barrel has to0 small of a hop window to be able to do the flat hop mod.

I just need to know if the Madbull barrel will be ok. It's the black python series barrel it is 6.03mm and 407mm long.

Madbull barrels are all I use because they come lapped from the manufacturer. THe drawback is that they're a softer metal so you have to be very careful with them if you play in a sandy area. It is my opinion that they offer plenty of precision when combined with good hopup, ammo and airseal tuning, that you won't need more unless you're going for competitive shooting rather than airsoft combat.

well my dad gave it to me off his ar-10 and so I cant remember but I think I have got a leaper 4x32 sitting around somewhere. And I guess ill spring for some better gears. So on the spring your saying that the guarder spring will be pushing 400fps and then along with the rest of the mods it will do even better, basically. And currently I am a novel tech on aegs and have just been fixing my friends guns and such. im good with gbbrs though. With that said how hard would it be to r-hop for a beginner like me. I am going to have to do the mods myself because there are no shops within 2hrs+

I'm with you there, I started doing my own tech work 9 years ago because there were no locals for me to go to.

An R-hop is not difficult to install if you take your time and use the right tools, and don't try to take shortcuts or re-use bad files or craft knfe blades. You get a pack of three in a kit, so you have two extra chances if you garf-up the first one you do.

Madbull barrels are all I use because they come lapped from the manufacturer.

Not to nitpick, but they're not lapped, they're hobbed then hard anodized. Thats why, on some of them, you'll notice a nice ribbed bore....... because someone was off on their lunch break when they should have been checking the machine.

Not to nitpick, but they're not lapped, they're hobbed then hard anodized. Thats why, on some of them, you'll notice a nice ribbed bore....... because someone was off on their lunch break when they should have been checking the machine.

Well.... what would your recommend because you said I should get a madbull and do the r-hop. Is it ok if I use the barrel I listed and then do the flat hop.

Also I still need to know how to do semi auto only. And In case anyone is wondering the terrain I will be playing in is a snowy forest.

And hunterseeker is the Raptors airsoft switch assembly w/ mosfet kit ok for a mosfet.2

I was really wanting to keep this build at about 180$

You just repeated what my recommendation was, and then asked what my recommendation would be....... :a-confused:

If you want to get as close to 100% chance your barrel system will be as close to perfect as possible (within some reason) you're looking at PDI or EdGI plus custom work. Below that, you're basically playing odds and hoping that either your barrel is good enough or that at least you can't tell the difference.

You just repeated what my recommendation was, and then asked what my recommendation would be....... :a-confused:

If you want to get as close to 100% chance your barrel system will be as close to perfect as possible (within some reason) you're looking at PDI or EdGI plus custom work. Below that, you're basically playing odds and hoping that either your barrel is good enough or that at least you can't tell the difference.

where can I get an edgi barrel. I can't find them anywhere. Also aren't they super expensive I seriously cannt spend over 200 for everything. And if you don't think I should get a madbull, then why did you recommend it with and r-hop mod?

And would this barrel work http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=6959

Also please someone tell me how to convert to semiauto only for field compliancy

Edited by KiloSierra

Ok look heres my final list. If there is something that I absolutely must have tell. Secondly please someone tell me how to convert to semi-auto only for field compliancy. And what else do I need besides the bucking I listed for a flat hop mod?

Ok so anyway

Externals-

Matrix SPR Mod 0 kit

Utg harris bipod

Internals-

Kwa 2gx bucking(flat hop mod)

Prometheus irregular pitch m135 spring

Lonex Cylinder Head

Madbull aircraft grade aluminum 509mm inner barrel 6.01mm

Do everything necessary for good compression

Switch my wiring to the rear instead of the front.

I honestly do not know why you don't listen to us, you as us what we recommend you then you do the opposite, and you choose a 6.01 tbb,kwa 2gx bucking like really? Just use your stock bucking for flathop, spend the extra $20 and use the damn coupon code for the prommy..

I honestly do not know why you don't listen to us, you as us what we recommend you then you do the opposite, and you choose a 6.01 tbb,kwa 2gx bucking like really? Just use your stock bucking for flathop, spend the extra $20 and use the damn coupon code for the prommy..

the only reason I say the 2gx bucking is because that's what the guide on here said to use for flat hop. And I meant to put 6.03m cause I know at longer distances it will be more accurate. And can you please tell me how to do Semiauto.

So anyway the length I was thinking since I have an 11" noveske nsr rail system, a jg 10" outer barrel, and then a madbull swr 6.75" barrel extension. How about the stock bucking a 407mm Prometheus 6.03mm outer barrel, then the lonex cylinder head, Prometheus m135 spring, Shedder Concave hop up spacer and then a leapers 4x32 scope and a utg low profile bipod

You can either do the Selector Plate mod for SA only. Why look it's on ASF....

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/lofivers...hp/t107378.html

Or you can tap your receiver with a screw that prevents the selector from going into FA.

Hey Is there anywhere where there are pics for doing that mod. Cause the picks from that post are deleted. Otherwise I will just tap it with a short bult and then a nut on the inside of the receiver to keep it there.

Hey Is there anywhere where there are pics for doing that mod. Cause the picks from that post are deleted. Otherwise I will just tap it with a short bult and then a nut on the inside of the receiver to keep it there.

There is a picture right in the middle of that page/thread. Do you really need a detailed/step-by-step instructions to cut out the red square?

There is a picture right in the middle of that page/thread. Do you really need a detailed/step-by-step instructions to cut out the red square?

No not anymore I understand where to cut but once its cut that spring will not be compressed so do I glue to the opposite side where I cut it/ the right side?

Honestly dude you can google that lol. Very simple, get an eraser that is flat and cut it to the desired size, hence the name flat hop.

Well so basically there wasn't a lot of great info on it but what I gathered was that I can just cut the nub in half and then cut a eraser and glue to the nub then glue it to the arm? Is that tight. And what do you mean desired size. What would be the best size?

Thats about right, it has to fit exactly through the window of the barrel. so it may take afew tries to cut a good nub.

Well I found the raptors airsoft flat hop nub that's already cut just right. And I found it for $7.00 shipped. Would that be fine

Also im not sure about my barrel choice its Prometheus but its 6.05mm here it is its the only one in the length I need http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=6959

Edited by KiloSierra

I dunno, never tried them but I make mine for free lol. Also that is a fake prommy so its not that good.

Since when are there fake ASHs? And since when is ASGI selling fake promies? Last one of those ASHes I got from ASGI it was legit. Can you cite it? Evike is the one I'd be worried about getting fakes from.

Should I get a new cylinder? I decided to use a 455mm Prometheus 6.03mm inner barrel and since the current cylinder I have is not full size I figure I should get a new one. I thought maybe on of these-

Guarder-http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=24_348&products_id=25869

Element-http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=24_348&products_id=31999

Lonex-http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=745_31_52&products_id=12363

Out of this list, based on reviews I would think the guarder one is the best. But I would still like to think which you guys think I should get or if I even need one. Also I'm ordering Sunday. And to give you guys and update on the parts I've decided on are as follows-

Externals-

Matrix convertible outer barrel(need the 14.75 length)

NC Star universal bipod

Madbull 16.25" dragon fire ris(cheap and looks good :a-laugh: )

Internals-

Prometheus non-linear irregular pitch m135 spring

Prometheus 455mm 6.03mm inner barrel

Which cylinder if I need one

Lonex Aluminum cylinder head

Miscellaneous hop-up, compression, and stabilization mods

And the bbs I think I should use are bioval .30g bbs. If I shouldn't get these please tell me what I should get. Thanks for all the help guys and it would be great if you could answer these last couple of questions and review this list.

just get a lonex or element, or even a stock one it does not matter they all do the same thing. Get the 6.03 455mm Honestly you ask way to many questions for the most obvious and easy to google questions. This is my last post on here because my spoon feeding limit is done. Have fun,

Lonex cylinder.

Don't get kwa bucking...

Lonex 70 degree bucking if you want to use 0.3 biovoil bb

And yes, the biovoil brand bb are good. They are biodegradable too.

external is what you want. Just don't get any potmetal...

Lonex pompom piston head and lonex red piston(not the blue one).

You're shooting around 450-500 fps I'm guessing. I have noidea how strong a prommy spring is

FOr guarder sp130(that's 450 fps). THE ONLY guarder upgrade I get for any of my AEG is the guarder because the spring is actually pretty strong.

A 16 inch rail IS HUGE...

A 10 inch is a good size(the dmr I have for sale is using a noveske 10 inch and it seems like a good length), and the sr-12 is already pretty huge...

A 16 inch????

R-hop if you want range.

Edited by Loveyuri