to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
Hockeystud87

<span style="font-weight:;">First gun a&k Masada</span>

You will break your gun within a couple of runs with a 11.1v btw.

No gun out of the box is lipo ready besides kwa but their guns are still a 50-50 chance of getting a lemon which will break in 10 rounds or one that can last thousands of rounds.

The A&K masada is a good gun, however, the internal is not strong enough that it can handle a 11.1v for more than a couple of hundred of rounds if you're lucky.

LiPo ready. Hmmm. Lithium Polymer batteries cause Arcing, which leaves carbon on the trigger contacts. This builds up, and eventually the gun will no longer fire, as the circuit will no longer be completed when you pull the trigger.

A mosfet re-wires the gun as to not have all of the power of the LiPo going through the trigger contacts, stopping the arcing.

A LiPo won't magically butt rape and trash your gun. Just leave a little carbon. Although I'm not sure what exactly qualifies KWA as "LiPo ready".

The faster fire rate of the LiPo will add more stress to your gearbox. Most gearboxes will fail with a certain number of cycles, a LiPo brings your gearbox closer to it's failure point faster than a less powerful battery.

As for the A&K Masada, I've worked on two belonging to different customers. The selectors tend to wear out the body. The body pins get loose, and can fall out. The barrel assembly becomes very wobbly. Stock can be "pulled out" without pushing on the buttons. The charging handle is pretty weak, and so is the bolt release assembly. It had no shims, but compression was alright. In my opinion, I'd skip out on it and go for something with higher quality externals.

EDIT: Also, both customers run LiPo's. One, a small 7.2v in the normal handguard, and the other a 11.1v in a PEQ box on the railed handguard. Both work fine, only the 11.1v has a mosfet.

Edited by AsianDraggon

Well as a first gun it should work well correct? I was thinking of running this battery. Also is 2200 gonna last me a long time?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/_...Warehouse_.html

Only a 7.4v. If I want to upgrade later it should be no problem... Or do you think I could get away with 11.1v with selective firing and no spray and pray.

Honestly...your not getting a "good" weapon for the price. Your getting a mediocre weapon for the price. The hop-up isn't that great either and if it has the clear polycarb unit...it breaks easily.

Honestly...you can do far better in a Non-Masada product made by A&K

Edited by Guges Mk3

I just hope that for $220 I am getting a good weapon for the price. Something that I will enjoy and be able to tinker with later...

As for the A&K Masada, I've worked on two belonging to different customers. The selectors tend to wear out the body. The body pins get loose, and can fall out. The barrel assembly becomes very wobbly. Stock can be "pulled out" without pushing on the buttons. The charging handle is pretty weak, and so is the bolt release assembly. It had no shims, but compression was alright. In my opinion, I'd skip out on it and go for something with higher quality externals.

Did you read my part here? I don't exactly recommend this gun...

Hmmm. I appreciate the information guys. Then what would be a great gun for the $250 price range? I am mostly interested in performance. If I were to upgrade the hop up of the Masada would it then be a great gun? Or should I just look else wear...

I canceled my order, so it looks like im back to the drawing bards. I keep getting recommendations for the damn G&G combat machine. I don't want a damn combat machine....

Edited by Hockeystud87

Hmmm. I appreciate the information guys. Then what would be a great gun for the $250 price range? I am mostly interested in performance. If I were to upgrade the hop up of the Masada would it then be a great gun? Or should I just look else wear...

I canceled my order, so it looks like im back to the drawing bards. I keep getting recommendations for the damn G&G combat machine. I don't want a damn combat machine....

The hopup chamber of the Masada is not a very good design. You'd have to design something else.

The thing is that you're stuck in a gap between cheaper guns and nicer, more expensive guns.