Sign in to follow this  
PretzelMan

KJW M700 Hop Up Upgrade

(I have searched the web for a while gathering information on this topic) So I recently bought a KJW M700P along with a Angel Custom 6.01 TBB off of Evike. I've shot it quite a bit (haven't used it in a game yet) and it's shooting pretty nice. I have read the upgrade thread for the gun and plan on doing the teflon tape mod and am also seriously considering rigging it up to HPA (to be honest it's a little pricy, but I hear it does wonders). I read that getting a new hop up bucking is a good mod for consistency. I was wondering what bucking I should choose? Nineball, Firefly, or King Arms? I also read that the R-hop and ER-Hop are very good hop ups. Could someone also explain the difference between the rhop and erhop?

TL:DR

1. Accuracy and Consistency are #1 top priority for me

2. What bucking should I buy to replace the stock one? Nineball, Firefly, or King Arms?

3. Is the R-Hop/ER-Hop a good option? What is the difference between the two? My understanding is that the R-Hop/ER-Hop is the whole hop up unit, not just the bucking.

4. Is HPA honestly worth the money? I'm a little stretched for cash atm.

Thanks for any and all responses! a-cheesy.gif

(I have searched the web for a while gathering information on this topic) So I recently bought a KJW M700P along with a Angel Custom 6.01 TBB off of Evike. I've shot it quite a bit (haven't used it in a game yet) and it's shooting pretty nice. I have read the upgrade thread for the gun and plan on doing the teflon tape mod and am also seriously considering rigging it up to HPA (to be honest it's a little pricy, but I hear it does wonders). I read that getting a new hop up bucking is a good mod for consistency. I was wondering what bucking I should choose? Nineball, Firefly, or King Arms? I also read that the R-hop and ER-Hop are very good hop ups. Could someone also explain the difference between the rhop and erhop?

TL:DR

1. Accuracy and Consistency are #1 top priority for me

2. What bucking should I buy to replace the stock one? Nineball, Firefly, or King Arms?

3. Is the R-Hop/ER-Hop a good option? What is the difference between the two? My understanding is that the R-Hop/ER-Hop is the whole hop up unit, not just the bucking.

4. Is HPA honestly worth the money? I'm a little stretched for cash atm.

Thanks for any and all responses! a-cheesy.gif

1. Regulated air will take care of your consistency issue. It doesn't matter if it's HPA or CO2. Both run at the 800psi range out of a tank and have to be regulated down to 60-90psi. You regulator is going to be the cornerstone of any consistency you see. These are all based off of low pressure paintball regulators that intended to handle more load and discharge in 2 matches consistently than your rifle will see in a lifetime. Most people go straight to the ancient Palmers Stabilizer. Look around for more up to date versions that are cheaper.

2. This depends on #3. If you plan on using an R or ER hopup then the type of bucking doesn't matter. They stop acting like hopups and instead are only useful as an airseal. If you decide to stick with bucking and hopup nub setup then the choices matter. Nineball was typically the go to airseal if you planned on running your rifle in the 500fps+ range. Firefly's are finiky and have no air seal. King Arms used to be my favorite. I don't know if it was a bad batch but the quality of the rubber took a nose dive and degraded fast. Granted, it's been almost 3 years since and they might have corrected the problems. Someday I'll give them another go around and check.

3. The R hope and ER hop are good options. The R-hop is essentially a nub that fills up the entire hopup "window" on your inner barrel. This causes the bb to make contact and "ramp" across the R-hop as opposed to just hitting a regular nub pushing through a bucking and only having a small amount of surface area. The ER-hop is the same as the R-hop except that it is much longer and allows the bb more travel time over the hopup. However, the ER-hop requires that you extend the hopup "window" on your barrel by cutting or grinding it open more.

4. As opposed to unregulated green gas? Yes it is. You no longer have to worry about temperature. Temperature spikes and ebbs cause wild fluatuations in fps of a bb. This causes the bb to hit the hopup at slower or faster speeds leading to unusual behavior of the bb. Consistent hits out to 300" don't happen with unregulated gas unless it's a springer. As far as costs go, you've entered the realm of airsoft sniping. This isn't a cheap aspect of the game. You will be spending more money on your gun in the future if you want to improve on the very few advantages we get as airsoft snipers vs. lipo plastic spray hose guys.