Sign in to follow this  
TammyofJam

Looking for a battery and charger that will fit my M4

A couple weeks ago I bought a Lonex M4 CQB edition with a crane stock. The gun is great but my battery unfortunately doesn't fit. I've heard about battery bags, where you keep the battery on the side of the stock, and I'd like to learn how you modify your stock to allow the wire to go though. If I can't do this easily (and without messing up the stock) I think I will buy a battery that fits in my buffertube. I did some research and it seems like I should get a 7.4 volt lipo battery, because lipos are more space efficient then Ni mh batteries, but I could be wrong. I was thinking about this charger: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/store/u...?idProduct=7028 and this battery, http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__345...RSOFT_Pack.html . Any help would be appreciated.

Yes...meant 1000mah.

We use the 1400mah all the time and some people even use the 2000mah and lose position one on the stock.

Thanks for your help, the 1400 MAH seems like the best option. Can you tell me a bit about a battery bag/holder that you attach to the outside of your stock? I don't really want to spend a lot of money on a lipo and charger, (considering I haven't even played the sport yet because my gun broke so many times) so if it's not hard to install I think I'll go with that and get the battery and charger you recommend for Christmas or something like that.

Edit: Also, would I have to install a mosfet before I use it? I'm thinking I don't need one because it's a lower volt LiPo, but I just want to be sure.

Edited by TammyofJam