to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
lowmanjason

Do you wear plates?

Sometimes yes. Some players are also into the whole responsible armed citizen thing and an airsoft event gives another opportunity outside doing drills and classes at the range to train with certain equipment that could be used under certain disaster situations. For me it's the "getting comfy with my gear" aspect under force on force situations to see how well my setup works.

For the sake of simply playing airsoft and having a good time, plates are overkill. Especially to the body.

I've never used real plates, but I cut ones out of 1/2 inch cardboard covered multiple times in packing tape. They make a huge difference in the feel of the vest to me, and I'll never go back. Not to mention I suppose the cardboard does take away from bb impacts to the chest and back if you're that worried about it.

But yeah, I couldn't personally see wearing real ones.

PP

I've used real plates before... My dad has the same plate carrier for work as I do for airsoft, and he put his extra plates in my vest and carried it to the field for me... When I put it on, I didn't have time to take it out and had to play with them in...

For those of you who don't know, they are heavy and it was NOT fun.

But usually, I just have foam.

Not exactly what you'd consider a conventional PC, but a hard plate none-the-less and I use it for the same purpose: looks good.

bullet_proof_by_renegadecow-d4tqraq.jpg

Made of foam rubber; not crazy enough yet to hang 12lbs of cast iron around my neck for the sake of authenticity. But some people do insert real ceramic/steel plates on their carriers, mostly the milsim crowd just so their exhaustion is made even more real.

I would use fake plates just to fill up the plate carrier and make it more comfortable like previously mentioned. I've always wanted to try filling to dummy plates with sand just to get the feel of what real plates feel like. And yes I know of some milsim guys who rock real plates.

I made my own fake plates from cardboard and duct tape. I use them in an old armor carrier I got from work. It helps me in my move and shoot training as I will have my armor on at work anyway. I don't usually wear it during July or August, as it's much too hot.

I actually do wear real plate's from infidel body armor. I'm a "prepper" (I know, nat geo's "Doomsday Prepper's" will come to mind for most of you) and when I airsoft I wear all my gear I would be using during a collapse/apocalypse minus my real steel guns. I know of quite a few people that also wear real plates and are also preppers.

I actually do wear real plate's from infidel body armor. I'm a "prepper" (I know, nat geo's "Doomsday Prepper's" will come to mind for most of you) and when I airsoft I wear all my gear I would be using during a collapse/apocalypse minus my real steel guns. I know of quite a few people that also wear real plates and are also preppers.

nice. I have spare food and medical supplies in my home, vehicle, at neighbors and friends' etc and weapons where I can fit them.

Although I don't consider myself a "real" prepper (I'm more of a prepare for LA riots/Katrina/evade people kind of prepper) I like to think I'm more towards that

than a soft exploitable sheeple.

but back on point for the sake of simply playing airsoft and stacking the deck in your favor plates are not a great idea but in the context of doing something fun while making it relevent, whatever floats one's boat.

Edited by SecondWind

nice. I have spare food and medical supplies in my home, vehicle, at neighbors and friends' etc and weapons where I can fit them.

Although I don't consider myself a "real" prepper (I'm more of a prepare for LA riots/Katrina/evade people kind of prepper) I like to think I'm more towards that

than a soft exploitable sheeple.

but back on point for the sake of simply playing airsoft and stacking the deck in your favor plates are not a great idea but in the context of doing something fun while making it relevent, whatever floats one's boat.

That's good bro. Prepping is getting more and more popular these days, and for good reason I think. Even if you start small like storing up a weeks worth of food it's going to give you a lot better chance of surviving than the average obese 'murican, or "zombie" as prepper's like to call them LOL!