Sign in to follow this  
Mark1999

Quietest Gas Blowback Gun

If you're after quiet, don't get a GBB. The slide going back and forth makes a significant amount of noise even if you short stroke it and definitely more so with a full metal gun (like banging pans together). Go with an NBB, particularly the TM Mk23 seeing as how it goes with your avatar. Spring pistol, ok those are quiet albeit slow to fire, but only TM makes decent ones and even then are a bit underpowered plus you'll be hard pressed to find spare parts or even mags for them.

If you're after quiet, don't get a GBB. The slide going back and forth makes a significant amount of noise even if you short stroke it and definitely more so with a full metal gun (like banging pans together). Go with an NBB, particularly the TM Mk23 seeing as how it goes with your avatar. Spring pistol, ok those are quiet albeit slow to fire, but only TM makes decent ones and even then are a bit underpowered plus you'll be hard pressed to find spare parts or even mags for them.

Yes I 've watched a lot of youtube videos about how quiet TM MK23 is but it's too expensive for me... But I'm not really looking for a super quiet gun, I just want to be able to shoot it in my backyard without bothering my neighbours too much.

So the blow back is what's making the most noise ?

I kinda like this one: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/reviewpost/...retta-m9/cat/17

M9 Heavy FULLMETAL GBB and cheap

But I don't know how loud this is, they don't talk about the noise in reviews as it doesn't seem like an important thing to most people... Or sometimes they say it's quiet but how quiet, I don't know how to compare.

(I hope you understand me cause english isn't my 1st language...)

Edited by Mark1999

On average a GBB will report about 70dB. The pop from the muzzle isn't as pronounced on GBBs where the slide noise is louder, but there are a few exceptions like the KWA MP7 or long barreled Tanaka revolvers (NBB). If it's just disturbing the neighbors that you're worried about, you can shoot from inside your house and through an open door/window at a target in your yard. That or get an AEP.

I would not shoot in your back yard unless you know ALL your neighbors well.

There are to many issues with shooting a replica in your back yard in this day and age.

Kids getting suspended from schools for shooting in their own yards. People getting proned out for "firing a Firearm" in city limits...

Know your laws well or do what RC suggests.

BTW...the KJW M9 are decent.

On average a GBB will report about 70dB. The pop from the muzzle isn't as pronounced on GBBs where the slide noise is louder, but there are a few exceptions like the KWA MP7 or long barreled Tanaka revolvers (NBB). If it's just disturbing the neighbors that you're worried about, you can shoot from inside your house and through an open door/window at a target in your yard. That or get an AEP.

So it's about as loud as a train going at 80mph or a vacuum cleaner. But inside the house, then it's my parents I'll have to worry about lol.

<AT>Guges Mk3: I live in France I don't think we have this kind of issue with firearms, we don't see many of those here...

Plus, it's just to shoot at targets with my brothers.

Ok, then I think I will go with the M9 GBB as linked above. I can't really know until I try it anyway...

Thank you!