Sign in to follow this  
amrit63

New to airsoft, need advice!

I am new to airsoft and I need advice on what I should get for my very first gun!! My budget is $200 or less for the gun. I want a gun that will last for years, not sure if a gun less then $200 will last a long time? There are alot of guns out there but I am interested in an electric gun. I have looked at some guns but not sure which one is "good" or "descent". I basically want a gun that is not too expensive, will last me a long while (3+ years??? maybe?), has very great accuracy and I won't get owned by other people. I know that I am being very vague sorry but I don't know enough about guns to narrow it down. So If you guys had to pick a gun in the price range of 100-200 dollars that looks awesome (realistic), is durable and has great accuracy, which gun would it be? I just don't want to spend an extra $100 dollars to improve my accuracy by just a little but If you guys think there is a gun just a little above 200 dollars that is worth it what would it be? Here are some guns that I seen, not sure if they are good or not.

JG M4 SOPMOD AEG Airsoft Gun - http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=5778

G&G Full Metal M4 Carbine Airsoft AEG Rifle w/ LE Stock - Black -http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_44_218&products_id=39779

I really like this one, I heard it was good??: Jing Gong G608 Airsoft Electric Gun K36c AEG - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001DYF8C...=A1SRJ1I3JCAHAW

CM028 AK47 AEG Airsoft Gun - http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=1484

I was also thinking about getting a pistol which got good ratings just to see how airsoft is, I found this cheap pistol which probably won't last long lol but what do you guys think? Should I get this to see how airsoft is or na?

Crosman Stinger P311 Airsoft Pistol (Black) -http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004V95EE8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Sorry for being vague once again and thank you in advance! :a-salute:

Guest alberty

If you are more inclined towards airsoft and guns, I wouldn't suggest doing a "try out" with a cheap springer pistol. Using such a low-powered and bothersome (pull that slide every shot) gun more likely will negatively affect your first experiences with airsoft because you could feel overwhelmed by everyone else using standard AEGs and GBB pistols and stuff.

Of course I know everyone is different, maybe seeing everyone else's cool guns outgun you makes you more interested, your result will vary...

If you are more inclined towards airsoft and guns, I wouldn't suggest doing a "try out" with a cheap springer pistol. Using such a low-powered and bothersome (pull that slide every shot) gun more likely will negatively affect your first experiences with airsoft because you could feel overwhelmed by everyone else using standard AEGs and GBB pistols and stuff.

Of course I know everyone is different, maybe seeing everyone else's cool guns outgun you makes you more interested, your result will vary...

Thanks for replying. I was just going to use the Springer gun for fun in my backyard or something lol. It Says it has around 315 fps which I presumed to be good?? Anyways I guess I won't waste my mine on a cheap gun and rather save it for a better AEG gun. What electric gun would you reccomend me? Is there a gun under $200 that has good accuracy, will last a long time and is competitive that you would highly reccomend that I should get?

Good to a local Airsoft field and see if people will let you try their equipment.

Well I don't have any gun and im not experienced enough to go to a field yet. I just wanted à gun that has great accuracy, will last a long while and will be a gun that has the potential to go up against the other guns on the field. What would you reccomend that I get?

Hi all :) I just joined here. So the best tryout is to ask sb to lend you a gun, if you cant you mabe rent. Im buying my first gun this week, and I still don't know what M4/16 it will be. From the ones you said id go for GnG.

Looking more into it I like the m4's more than the GnG, not sure which one is better. I would like a gun that can attach a scope to it though.

Thanks for replying. I was just going to use the Springer gun for fun in my backyard or something lol. It Says it has around 315 fps which I presumed to be good?? Anyways I guess I won't waste my mine on a cheap gun and rather save it for a better AEG gun. What electric gun would you reccomend me? Is there a gun under $200 that has good accuracy, will last a long time and is competitive that you would highly reccomend that I should get?

First off Assume, presume, guess at nothing. Get the facts or you will know nothing. A springer at 315 fps is most likely a .12g spring...not great, especially in long range accuracy (more than 20 feet)

Another thing is thus. Take any concept of what makes an accurate gun and throw it out the window. This is airsoft and these are blowguns. And you will have to do tweeks to make a blow gun accurate. Nothing you can buy out of the box in the 200.00 range will be accurate.

They all need their barrels cleaned of production greases, the hop-up has to be tuned and you have to get good bb's. None of this exists out of the box.

Well I don't have any gun and im not experienced enough to go to a field yet. I just wanted à gun that has great accuracy, will last a long while and will be a gun that has the potential to go up against the other guns on the field. What would you reccomend that I get?

You don't "have" to have experience to go to a field. Why would you think that? You don't have to have experience as a race car drive to go to the race track, so why would you think you have to have experience to go to the field to look around at equipment?

As for what you should get? Get what looks good to you. At 200.00...you have a lot of options for "starter" guns.

First off Assume, presume, guess at nothing. Get the facts or you will know nothing. A springer at 315 fps is most likely a .12g spring...not great, especially in long range accuracy (more than 20 feet)

Another thing is thus. Take any concept of what makes an accurate gun and throw it out the window. This is airsoft and these are blowguns. And you will have to do tweeks to make a blow gun accurate. Nothing you can buy out of the box in the 200.00 range will be accurate.

They all need their barrels cleaned of production greases, the hop-up has to be tuned and you have to get good bb's. None of this exists out of the box.

You don't "have" to have experience to go to a field. Why would you think that? You don't have to have experience as a race car drive to go to the race track, so why would you think you have to have experience to go to the field to look around at equipment?

As for what you should get? Get what looks good to you. At 200.00...you have a lot of options for "starter" guns.

When I talk about the range being accurate, I mean that if I'm in the field and I look in my scope and see a person at medium distance away from me would I be able to hit him or will I have to "guess" where the bb will go? Because if not then I don't see a point in me playing airsoft if I have to guess? Does that mean that I need a $500+ budget to have fun in airsoft? And for the starter guns, I don't want to get a random gun and then find out that I could of gotten a different brand or model that was much better so that is why I am asking for opinions.

When you talk (write...) like that I - personaly- don't see a point for you to get a gun. If you don't like Airsoft as a sport and you only think of it as target practice with live targets, its not that. I have an airgun shooter/sharpshooter backround so I know accuracy, and airsoft doasnt even have the same tragectory the "real" (or airgun) bullet has. So what I knew is all worthless here. Go spend your money on renting a gun and play Airsoft, then you ll see what you ll get. You can try more than one field and more than one gun type. Then you ll know if there is a point in you playing airsoft!!

I don't want to open a new thread so I ll have the same plee for help here :)

I have played enough (more than enough...) Airsoft games (more than 10 games more than 5 hrs/game) to know what I want whats good and what I like. I LOVE the m16. I know its Really Cool long and I cant hae it for all around gun but my mind says m4 my heart says m16. I would have gone with my minds choice (and I might still will..) if there wasnt 2 Supercheap choices for a m16 all metal:

http://www.airsoftclub.gr/eshop/product_in...amp;language=en Cyma brand new M16A3. I have extra discount so I can get it with 153E. Metal.

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/produc...p;view_choice=c HK SR25 AEG. I like it better, but, its less afordable than Cyma because of the postl/import money, and I don't know if it worths it. Metal.

and my minds options:

http://www.airsoftcenter.eu/Product/90169032/cm16_carbine Supercheap and I have heard a lot of good words about this gun and I have played with it. Plastic.

http://www.airsoftcenter.eu/Product/901690...cond_generation I like the handguard style, its unique in serial number, and I think it has a biger spring than normal Raider L. I don't know if it worths the extra $$. Plastic.

http://www.airsoftclub.gr/eshop/product_in...amp;language=en GnG Raider L . I have extra discount so I can get it with 136E. Plastic.

Any thoughts?? Especialy is the Cyma M16A3 full metal any good? anyoknw knows a review in english or has anyone seen it?

PS: The gun ill get it would be modified in due time A LOT.

PS2: Sorry for the long post!

When you talk (write...) like that I - personaly- don't see a point for you to get a gun. If you don't like Airsoft as a sport and you only think of it as target practice with live targets, its not that. I have an airgun shooter/sharpshooter backround so I know accuracy, and airsoft doasnt even have the same tragectory the "real" (or airgun) bullet has. So what I knew is all worthless here. Go spend your money on renting a gun and play Airsoft, then you ll see what you ll get. You can try more than one field and more than one gun type. Then you ll know if there is a point in you playing airsoft!!

Im not dissing airsoft or anything im just trying to find a decent gun that u can buy for a budget of 200 but everyones saying guns that are that cheap are worthless? I don't see it as target practice but the objective of the game is to shoot the other person. So I wanted à gun that I can shoot peuple and actually be able to hit them. If im aiming down my sights at close to médium range and I AIM at their chest and shoot I want to be able to hit them instead of missing. I understand that I might have to AIM higher depending on how far they are but at close quarter combat I would want to hit them. Thats what I mean by accuracy. I want to have fun in airsoft with a gun that will last me and wont break in a year. A gun that can compete against guns that are higher in price. So since you have a background in airsoft what would you do if you were in my position with a 200 budget?

I would reccomend a G&G combat machine, or any fullsize JG m4 airsoft gun, or even a classic army m6 sportline or m15a4. Further if you would like to increase your accuracy I recommend a madbull, Prometheus, or firefly bucking to replace inside of your hop-up and .25 bbs.

Just to make sure you know how the hop-up works, when a bb is "fired", it passes a rubber bump inside the barrel which applies backspin to the bb and is adjusted by a knob-gear thing. The little rubber bump is actually a part of a sleeve which fits over the barrel called a "bucking" or what is properly known as a "packing". A bucking which is of a higher quality(such as prometheus, firefly, or madbull) will perform better than the stock one in your gun.

In regards to the heavier .25 bb, the .25 bb has more inertia and is not affected by wind and air resistance as much, allowing the bb to travel farther and deviate less from it's course than your standard

.2 bb. Even though a .25 bb will have a lower initial velocity, than a .2 bb, a .25 bb will have a higher final velocity, farther displacement(distance), and less course deviation than a .2 bb.

Sometimes, the more conditions/criteria/bases you try to cover with a limited budget, the less capable the airsoft gun is at doing everything.

So what is most important? Performance? Looks? I'm not saying that you have 0 options that adequately cover both as far as you are concerned, but really think about what you're looking for and what you plan to do with it. Then think about it again.

For the sake of only cost and performance, a CYMA AK is fine for out of the box use. They can be purchased for a little over $100.

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPat...oducts_id=32773 That is one of my backup guns. You don't have to get it from Evike, and there are other options out there.

I know OP said he/she liked M4s, but nothing is wrong with spending some time to think things out. Who knows you might change your mind.

The extra money can be set aside for you to save for upgrades, bbs, better safety equipment, etc.

Sometimes, the more conditions/criteria/bases you try to cover with a limited budget, the less capable the airsoft gun is at doing everything.

So what is most important? Performance? Looks? I'm not saying that you have 0 options that adequately cover both as far as you are concerned, but really think about what you're looking for and what you plan to do with it. Then think about it again.

For the sake of only cost and performance, a CYMA AK is fine for out of the box use. They can be purchased for a little over $100.

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPat...oducts_id=32773 That is one of my backup guns. You don't have to get it from Evike, and there are other options out there.

I know OP said he/she liked M4s, but nothing is wrong with spending some time to think things out. Who knows you might change your mind.

The extra money can be set aside for you to save for upgrades, bbs, better safety equipment, etc.

Combat Machine M4 Raider with Polymer RIS AEG Airsoft Gun (Black)

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=7284

I am interested in m4s so do you think this is good? or is there a better one

I would reccomend a G&G combat machine, or any fullsize JG m4 airsoft gun, or even a classic army m6 sportline or m15a4. Further if you would like to increase your accuracy I recommend a madbull, Prometheus, or firefly bucking to replace inside of your hop-up and .25 bbs.

Just to make sure you know how the hop-up works, when a bb is "fired", it passes a rubber bump inside the barrel which applies backspin to the bb and is adjusted by a knob-gear thing. The little rubber bump is actually a part of a sleeve which fits over the barrel called a "bucking" or what is properly known as a "packing". A bucking which is of a higher quality(such as prometheus, firefly, or madbull) will perform better than the stock one in your gun.

In regards to the heavier .25 bb, the .25 bb has more inertia and is not affected by wind and air resistance as much, allowing the bb to travel farther and deviate less from it's course than your standard

.2 bb. Even though a .25 bb will have a lower initial velocity, than a .2 bb, a .25 bb will have a higher final velocity, farther displacement(distance), and less course deviation than a .2 bb.

Okay thanks, what about this gun? http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=7284 Do you think that if I got a 150 gun it would last me a while and it would be a competitive gun on the field?

I am new to airsoft and I need advice on what I should get for my very first gun!! My budget is $200 or less for the gun. I want a gun that will last for years, not sure if a gun less then $200 will last a long time? There are alot of guns out there but I am interested in an electric gun. I have looked at some guns but not sure which one is "good" or "descent". I basically want a gun that is not too expensive, will last me a long while (3+ years??? maybe?), has very great accuracy and I won't get owned by other people. I know that I am being very vague sorry but I don't know enough about guns to narrow it down. So If you guys had to pick a gun in the price range of 100-200 dollars that looks awesome (realistic), is durable and has great accuracy, which gun would it be? I just don't want to spend an extra $100 dollars to improve my accuracy by just a little but If you guys think there is a gun just a little above 200 dollars that is worth it what would it be? Here are some guns that I seen, not sure if they are good or not.

JG M4 SOPMOD AEG Airsoft Gun - http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=5778

G&G Full Metal M4 Carbine Airsoft AEG Rifle w/ LE Stock - Black -http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_44_218&products_id=39779

I really like this one, I heard it was good??: Jing Gong G608 Airsoft Electric Gun K36c AEG - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001DYF8C...=A1SRJ1I3JCAHAW

CM028 AK47 AEG Airsoft Gun - http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=1484

I was also thinking about getting a pistol which got good ratings just to see how airsoft is, I found this cheap pistol which probably won't last long lol but what do you guys think? Should I get this to see how airsoft is or na?

Crosman Stinger P311 Airsoft Pistol (Black) -http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004V95EE8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I agree here. EoWFreeze you've set some good parameters in terms of your gun and budget, however, I suggest you also decide on your play style. Knowing your play style will help decide your preferred type of gun. For instance, if you like to play the Assault role then you're going to need a gun that can play both CQB and mid field range. Most M4 platforms and AK variants allow you to do this. If you decide that you prefer to shoot from longer distances on the field, then invest in an AEG that fits a DMR or Sniper role. Don't just decide to buy an airsoft gun for the sake of getting an airsoft gun to play. If you're going to invest wisely into this sport, know what you want out of the games you play. I also understand that you need to play a few games to get the feel of what type of player you want to be. So borrow a few guns to play with, talk to other people about their guns, and, yes, watch some gameplay videos on youtube. This will save you time and money when you outgrow or get bored with your first AEG. I know from experience.

I would also suggest to stay away from JG and Crosman. Although JG has improved the quality of their products over the years, I still believe you can invest your money in better AEGs. The same goes for CYMA. And Crosman is just plain crap when it comes to airsoft guns.

If you do decide that you like playing an Assault role, I'll suggest this rifle for you: http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=40529

It's an ECHO1 XCR. The only thing is that it's not full metal--however, that doesn't mean the polymer it uses is low quality either. I believe this gun has a great set up for someone just getting into airsoft. First, it allows for external customization because of its Rail system. When you decide to spend for optics and other accessories, you'll easily be able to add it to your rifle. Second, it has decent FPS and comes with two magazines out of the box. Also, the rifle uses M4 magazines--the most proliferate magazines in the airsoft world. This makes it easy to shop for magazines and when out on the field, easy to borrow mags if you happen to run out on BBs. Lastly, ECHO1 is a good brand--it's not the best but you can be rest assured your money won't be going into a crap gun.

I agree here. EoWFreeze you've set some good parameters in terms of your gun and budget, however, I suggest you also decide on your play style. Knowing your play style will help decide your preferred type of gun. For instance, if you like to play the Assault role then you're going to need a gun that can play both CQB and mid field range. Most M4 platforms and AK variants allow you to do this. If you decide that you prefer to shoot from longer distances on the field, then invest in an AEG that fits a DMR or Sniper role. Don't just decide to buy an airsoft gun for the sake of getting an airsoft gun to play. If you're going to invest wisely into this sport, know what you want out of the games you play. I also understand that you need to play a few games to get the feel of what type of player you want to be. So borrow a few guns to play with, talk to other people about their guns, and, yes, watch some gameplay videos on youtube. This will save you time and money when you outgrow or get bored with your first AEG. I know from experience.

I would also suggest to stay away from JG and Crosman. Although JG has improved the quality of their products over the years, I still believe you can invest your money in better AEGs. The same goes for CYMA. And Crosman is just plain crap when it comes to airsoft guns.

If you do decide that you like playing an Assault role, I'll suggest this rifle for you: http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=40529

It's an ECHO1 XCR. The only thing is that it's not full metal--however, that doesn't mean the polymer it uses is low quality either. I believe this gun has a great set up for someone just getting into airsoft. First, it allows for external customization because of its Rail system. When you decide to spend for optics and other accessories, you'll easily be able to add it to your rifle. Second, it has decent FPS and comes with two magazines out of the box. Also, the rifle uses M4 magazines--the most proliferate magazines in the airsoft world. This makes it easy to shop for magazines and when out on the field, easy to borrow mags if you happen to run out on BBs. Lastly, ECHO1 is a good brand--it's not the best but you can be rest assured your money won't be going into a crap gun.

Thanks for replying. I will be playing in a close to mid range environment and I wanted to invest in a gun that will last me for a while and I won't get beaten repeatedly on the field by the higher budget guns. What is your opinion on the Combat Machine M4 Raider with Polymer RIS AEG Airsoft Gun http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=7284

and the m4-A1 carbine AEG http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=7661

As long as the gun will last me a while and is good on a close-medium range then I will be okay with it. However, If I paid a little extra to get another gun, do you think it will greatly benefit me or just slightly benefit me? If so how much would I have to save up? 300? 500? I personally wouldn't pay an extra 100 dollars for my gun to be slightly better because I believe that guns that are 200 or less can beat a 500 dollar gun if the person shooting it is better at aiming. Idk what do you think?

Thanks for replying. I didn't know that changing the bucking would give me more accuracy, that is awesome! Is there any videos or forum topics I could go to in order to learn more about accuracy? And I guess .25 bbs it is!

Everything above is "all Opinions and conjecture".

Go out to a field and see what Airsoft is really like. Then decide your next steps...

I know you want to do the right thing the first time. What everyone is saying above is really not helping you because you have some misconceptions still of what is good and what Airsoft can really do.

I highly recommend that before you buy anything....go and try some AEG's at a field.

Everything above is "all Opinions and conjecture".

Go out to a field and see what Airsoft is really like. Then decide your next steps...

I know you want to do the right thing the first time. What everyone is saying above is really not helping you because you have some misconceptions still of what is good and what Airsoft can really do.

I highly recommend that before you buy anything....go and try some AEG's at a field.

I see what you mean but I won't have access to a field until like a year from now. But I want to look at guns that other people prefer to use and which brands are worth buying. I know that it is all opinions but I would rather get an opinion by people that have played airsoft rather than my own opinion. So what gun would you recommend that I get in which the performance is good and I won't need to upgrade to a new gun anytime soon?

Thanks for replying. I will be playing in a close to mid range environment and I wanted to invest in a gun that will last me for a while and I won't get beaten repeatedly on the field by the higher budget guns. What is your opinion on the Combat Machine M4 Raider with Polymer RIS AEG Airsoft Gun http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=7284

and the m4-A1 carbine AEG http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=7661

As long as the gun will last me a while and is good on a close-medium range then I will be okay with it. However, If I paid a little extra to get another gun, do you think it will greatly benefit me or just slightly benefit me? If so how much would I have to save up? 300? 500? I personally wouldn't pay an extra 100 dollars for my gun to be slightly better because I believe that guns that are 200 or less can beat a 500 dollar gun if the person shooting it is better at aiming. Idk what do you think?

From other reviews, the general consensus is that the G&G Combat Machine line is of quality airsoft guns. However, I can't comment on the M4 with the polymer rail system as I've never had the opportunity to use one. G&G does generally have a good reputation when it comes to their airsoft guns. Assuming the polymer rail system isn't crap, I'd say either of these guns would serve you just fine. Although, as stated before, I believe you should get something with a rail system just so you can add aftermarket external parts more easily.

Personally, I believe that spending a little bit more on your gun does matter. Yes, with the right parts and modifications, you can build a great shooting airsoft gun. But since you are new to the sport I highly suggest that you get an AEG that is decent out of the box. You should be able to play with your gun without any reservations about the performance or quality of the AEG. And remember, performance is not the only thing that matters--longevity does too. Although the guns you are looking are by G&G, cheaper manufacturers like CYMA and JG make products that don't last as long as higher end brands. I wouldn't want to spend $200 on something only for the rifle to give out a mere 6 months later.

I haven't gone through all the replies on this thread, but has anyone suggested to you about purchasing a used airsoft gun? Maybe something through ebay? Often times you can get a good deal from people selling used guns as they will already have internal upgrades, accessories, batteries, and extra magazines. Even if the product is used (remember if the thing they sell you is crap, you have ebay buyer protection), they will generally perform just as well as lesser used products.

Take for example this ebay item listing: 161119261601 (just search using those numbers, airsoftforum won't let me paste the link)

The Buy it Now price is $250 for the listing. Think about the pricing, a new KWA KM4A1 is easily worth $250. And then when you start calculating the other items in the listing you see how much you value you really get. Take this advice with caution though as these items are used. So there will be definitely some wear and tear.

Guest alberty
I haven't gone through all the replies on this thread, but has anyone suggested to you about purchasing a used airsoft gun? Maybe something through ebay? Often times you can get a good deal from people selling used guns as they will already have internal upgrades, accessories, batteries, and extra magazines. Even if the product is used (remember if the thing they sell you is crap, you have ebay buyer protection), they will generally perform just as well as lesser used products.

Take for example this ebay item listing: 161119261601 (just search using those numbers, airsoftforum won't let me paste the link)

The Buy it Now price is $250 for the listing. Think about the pricing, a new KWA KM4A1 is easily worth $250. And then when you start calculating the other items in the listing you see how much you value you really get. Take this advice with caution though as these items are used. So there will be definitely some wear and tear.

Unfortunately, it can be very risky or sketchy sometimes when you try to buy used from an online source/seller. If you can't fully inspect the gun or test it in your hands, you can get ripped off or have something generally in bad condition without knowing it until it's stuck in your hands. I also would not recommend a KWA AEG for someone not so experienced because of proprietary parts. Although they're alright internals, if a certain something needs replacement, it could be a proprietary part that only KWA produces. That also reduces compatibility with aftermarket parts.

Unfortunately, it can be very risky or sketchy sometimes when you try to buy used from an online source/seller. If you can't fully inspect the gun or test it in your hands, you can get ripped off or have something generally in bad condition without knowing it until it's stuck in your hands. I also would not recommend a KWA AEG for someone not so experienced because of proprietary parts. Although they're alright internals, if a certain something needs replacement, it could be a proprietary part that only KWA produces. That also reduces compatibility with aftermarket parts.

Yes, there is a risk for buying used guns. But as I mentioned, when there is a certain level of protection from a third party (such as ebay buyer protection), the risks are mitigated. Buying something online is never guaranteed quality--I know this because I once bought some stuff that was claimed as "New" but was clearly used. However, checking out a seller's rating, asking for more pictures, and other small requests to the seller can help ensure the item you want is as described.

Also, I was not advocating getting that specific item. I only listed it as an example of what you could potentially get when buying used gun packages. But sadly you are right when it comes to proprietary parts from KWA. It can be a hassle to get those parts.

There's a great deal going on right now from Evike--comes with a charger, magazines, and a battery (I recommend getting a new battery as batteries that come with packages like these are usually crap)

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=39779

I think you need to figure out what you like first. Reading about Airsoft guns is great and all, but you'll never know what works for you until you start firing one in person. Go to your local Airsoft range or better yet, some Airsoft stores (like Hobbytron in Valencia, CA) have firing ranges were you can test out a bunch of guns.

There's a great deal going on right now from Evike--comes with a charger, magazines, and a battery (I recommend getting a new battery as batteries that come with packages like these are usually crap)

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=39779

Yeah, that's a great deal for a package. Wish they came with mid-caps instead of high-caps.

Here's another package deal for a G&P M4 for just a little more ($50+)

G&P M4 package from evike