Sign in to follow this  
Hockeystud87

Good gun to start practicing my tech work

OK so I got a question, I'm looking to buy a new gun. Most likely a cqb type gun relatively cheap, but I would like it to be upgradeable. I want cqb because I already have a kwa m16br. The main reason for the gun tho is something that I can dig into and practice some tech work with, so nice externals and eh internals is probably the idea. So im looking for your guys opinions on if I should I go with a specific brand that is easy to mess with, or buy a used gun? I would like something that would expose me to KWAish internals. So M4 style only, also for mag compatibility...

Thanks guys

Get another gun just like the one you have. Then you can have a good one to play with while you figure out why the one you took apart will not work and you will have a golden gun to check your fixer against as you muddle through fixing it.

This is why I began with 5 each G36s.

wage peace

Guest alberty

If you are specifically looking to mess around and learn gearbox work, I do not recommend buying a working gun (new or used) just to gut it up right away. I would either look around for a used gearbox or a used gun that you don't mind if it doesn't work or not after putting it back together.

It would otherwise be a shame to take a working gun, try to take it apart and mess up putting it back together.

So I was thinking about maybe going with this gun?

http://www.airsplat.com/Items/ERM-LT-PDWM-B.htm

Do you think that its a terrile idea? I have heard bad things about the lancer tactical guns but mostly externals. I saw it at airsplat, function bolt catch and awesome metal body. Also compatible with m4 mags. I even think it uses most of the same internal parts so I could switch things out for m4 upgrades. Any1 have some horror stories on pdw's?

Guest alberty

Lancer Tactical and Bravo both rebrand airsoft guns. I think the Lancer Tactical metal PDW is a rebranded JM PDW, while the Bravo RDW is a rebranded DBoys PDWs. Both are clones of the VFC PDW which has a V2 gearbox, medium-type motor, and can take M4 mags.

I do not recommend a PDW for a new tech to learn tech work due to some unique parts and the annoying front-wiring setup. It would be simpler to go with any typical M4 instead to ensure parts compatibility.

Hi there.

15 years ago I was in the same place you are now (Trying to start learning Mec / Tech airsoft) so I kinda know that I'm talking about.

I will have you ask a question to your self (one I neaver asked my self).

What kind of guy are you?

A: The Hands on, Try it and see what happens.

B: I'm thinking before acting, Always checking my work 3 times before trying.

If you say a then go with a used (Read Cheep) gun! Where you don't kill your self for breaking it. Then start by measuring all the numbers (ROF, Jules, FPS, etc.) and the try to max it out! First by dooing simple and basic mods. Remember to test after each mod getting a feal of what they doo for the gun. Then upgrade the *bib* out of it with parts. Again measure after each upgrade! And the doo all the mods Again on the upgraded parts.

This way will give you a step by step feal of what each mod doo to a standard and fully upgraded gun.

If you say B then go PRO from the start, buy a good pro gun and doo all the upgrades (Again ONE BY ONE so you know what you :censored2: up if you should fail) ...

With reguards to models.

M4's are GREAT because they are easy to open and close.

Mp5's are a little harder but have more room for extra equipment (Mosfets, capasitors etc.)

Don't go for snipers! They are hard to drasticaly improve.

Don't go for CQB versions (m4 CQB, Mp5K etc.) There's less room to work and generaly harder to improve (because of the less Space in the gun for mods).

Hope it helps.

By the way in my signature (And Here) I have a link to my own airsoft Tech page, with guides etc.! It may help you in the right direction.

And also remember: Don't be afraid to search the web, and ask questions! We was all new at one time... So better to ask than to risk loosing mony on somthing others hav done a million times, and could guide you with in 2 seconds...