K0W

Most reliable GBB Pistol

Hey guys im new to this forum but ive been "airsofting" for quite awhile now. and im in the market for a new pistol. the issue is. most pistols I buy end up malfunctioning or breaking in some way throughout there use. and it doesn't take long for this to happen. money isnt a HUGE issue but id def like to keep it reasonable. So can anyone help me out? know of any high quality 'go through hell and back' sort of GBB Pistols?

(ive heard good things about the KWA M226, so im thinking about this one)

Edited by K0W

Most pistols will end up with something breaking, especially with upgrades. As far as GBBs go, there are plenty of replacement parts to fix a lot of issues you may have. I don't know what brands youve previously owned, but most nicer brands can do just fine stock, as long as you don't abuse them.

I have had a KWA M226 for about a year, and I love it. It has never been anything but reliable, and the NS2 system gives me around 3 full mags of gas (in the heat) without refill. It also has very high construction quality (for the price point). I say that you can not go wrong with one, and if you like the 226 model, go for it.

Which GBB brands and models has OP previously used? How often do you use your GBBs and what exactly do you do for maintenance?

Just so everyone is on the same page.

Ive used:

Tm g18c

we tech dragon 5.1

SW 40F

and the KJW M9

I use them extensively for every game as well as training. we play mostly CQB type games up here and I have best results going pistol only in most cases.

As for maintenance I clean my guns religiously after any moderate use and I make sure all metal-on-metal contacted is highly lubed.

I have had a KWA M226 for about a year, and I love it. It has never been anything but reliable, and the NS2 system gives me around 3 full mags of gas (in the heat) without refill. It also has very high construction quality (for the price point). I say that you can not go wrong with one, and if you like the 226 model, go for it.

Im very curious about KWA, They seem to hold a solid rep with alot of guys I know. and ive never seen one break. but ive never used one for whatever reason. But the 226 really has me interested. im a huge fan of Sig.

What a bummer. the 5-7 is my favorite real steel gun. its a shame the airsoft version isn't up to par.

Well, it's not a total loss if it IS your favorite. Basically you need to get knee deep in DIY mods + a few parts minimum to get it up to speed. Just not a hurdle advisable for everyone to take.

Regarding KWA P226s, they're great for the most part and well worth the money. I've fixed a couple in the past (exploded nozzle, pins walking out) but seems like a case of lemons and not design flaws. Still the same lackluster ball bearing hop though so I'd point to a TM or KJW as second best any day.

Im very curious about KWA, They seem to hold a solid rep with alot of guys I know. and ive never seen one break. but ive never used one for whatever reason. But the 226 really has me interested. im a huge fan of Sig.

Being a big SIG person as well, and having shot a real 226, I can say it has great build quality (for airsoft) and has great performance. But as far as GBB pistols, you can't go wrong with KWA or TM

FA pistols are for giggles. In serious games they are not as practical and in some cases banned.

Indoor play at some venues. FA is not allowed.

But think. You can have a lazor in your hand. Who doesn't want a lazor?

Though if you want something in semi, the KWA and KJW P226s are both good guns. And the KJW has trades. So it can be pretty.

Mauri or KWA would be a good bet. The mauri will probably slightly more accurate (they always are) but the kwa is more likely to be a full metal external and still be pretty damn efficient with their gas systems. Mauri definitely has more variety than KWA if you want some different styles than get mauri. If your fine with a lower selection of pistols (basically 1911's and glocks with a few others) then get a KWA

Mauri or KWA would be a good bet. The mauri will probably slightly more accurate (they always are) but the kwa is more likely to be a full metal external and still be pretty damn efficient with their gas systems. Mauri definitely has more variety than KWA if you want some different styles than get mauri. If your fine with a lower selection of pistols (basically 1911's and glocks with a few others) then get a KWA

Thank you sergantsnipes, thank you everyone. ive basically have it down to KWA now. There selection is perfect for my taste and id take the gas system over accuracy. this pistol will be for CQB since thats what I primarily play. so accuracy isnt a huge deal. but gas is. Im settled on 4 choices, USP, M226, USP Compact and Mk23. And ive already decided that as soon as there MKV model (makarov) comes out im gonna be on that faster than Oprah on a canned ham.

Only if they're NS2/S7 which is pretty much a copy of the system TM uses. If you're after efficiency I'd have to point you back to TM. A plastic slide will require less gas to move around than metal and is a whole lot better for use in the cold. Plus TM gets all the 3rd party manufacturers supporting them for upgrades. On a KWA its sometimes difficult to even find stock replacements.

Guest alberty

If you want to go KWA, keep in mind your field's FPS limit. Some KWA pistols and SMGs shoot pretty high even for a small gun. It is possible to downgrade some in some varieties.

But think. You can have a lazor in your hand. Who doesn't want a lazor?

I have used one at an indoor game...its not some much a laser as in pin point accuracy, but more of a laser in a laser light show with an inverted tear drop shape accuracy pattern.

I prefer my accurized SA pistol with a 49 round magazine, where I can take 3 snap shots at a 2" gap between a wall and a door at 25 yards and hit the guy in the hands all 3 times... :a-wink:

Only if they're NS2/S7 which is pretty much a copy of the system TM uses. If you're after efficiency I'd have to point you back to TM. A plastic slide will require less gas to move around than metal and is a whole lot better for use in the cold. Plus TM gets all the 3rd party manufacturers supporting them for upgrades. On a KWA its sometimes difficult to even find stock replacements.

Arent all the KWA pistols NS2 now? I thought only their really old models weren't NS2.

Get a KWA M9 PTP. There's no hop up, but the NS2 system makes it straight as an arrow. It feels very realistic and shoots faaaaar. Its pretty expensive, but it is more durable and reliable than a Tokyo Marui or a KJW. Its completely metal too so its solid like a rock.

Um...how the hell does it fly straight if it doesn't have hop up?

That literally is only possible in zero gravity or if you are shooting straight up/down.....

Get a KWA M9 PTP. There's no hop up, but the NS2 system makes it straight as an arrow. It feels very realistic and shoots faaaaar. Its pretty expensive, but it is more durable and reliable than a Tokyo Marui or a KJW. Its completely metal too so its solid like a rock.

The 226 is an awesome gun, but it can be kind of awkward, especially in a quick draw situation. As a sniper I prefer the M9 only because of the smoother, more fluid design. And its weighted a little more in the grip which is always nice. It draws quick. I don't even like the R/S M9 at all becaus 40mm guns have ZERO stopping power, but for airsoft its perfect.

The 226 is an awesome gun, but it can be kind of awkward, especially in a quick draw situation. As a sniper I prefer the M9 only because of the smoother, more fluid design. And its weighted a little more in the grip which is always nice. It draws quick. I don't even like the R/S M9 at all becaus 40mm guns have ZERO stopping power, but for airsoft its perfect.

If you actually care about quick draw that much......you'd be running a setup like mine.....

1231156_637562066284175_771687547_n_zps7399ff11.jpg

DSC01390_zpsaccd433b.jpg

Otherwise....any quick draw holster will give you the similar motion of drawing.

For holster like Serpa, it's just grab and go.

I'm sorry, but you absolutely no nothing of what you speak of. ALL KSC/KWA have had a hop-up since the day they were made.

new%20m9%20ptp.jpg

Part 9, 95 and 33 is the components of the hop-up system.

However, some old KWC had a fixed hop up, but they did not have NS2 or any such valve system.

Again, you speak from very little experience. M9 are not 40mm and a HST 9mm round at 147gr if it hits you...it will stop you "dead" in your tracks. The 124gr Speer Gold Dot is pretty nasty too. The Hawaiian Police Dept uses this round to stop 300 pound "islanders".

Edited by Guges Mk3

Hey guys im new to this forum but ive been "airsofting" for quite awhile now. and im in the market for a new pistol. the issue is. most pistols I buy end up malfunctioning or breaking in some way throughout there use. and it doesn't take long for this to happen. money isnt a HUGE issue but id def like to keep it reasonable. So can anyone help me out? know of any high quality 'go through hell and back' sort of GBB Pistols?

(ive heard good things about the KWA M226, so im thinking about this one)

When I saw the topic the KWA P226 went through my mind. I personally own the KWA P226 and let me tell you that thing almost works flawless. I've had the WE1911, WE M9, WE G18, KWA G18, and the KWA G23f all break in my experience but the P226 gets by with minor issues. The only issue it had with me from time to time is the slide will randomly lock back, and I noticed the slide lock notch is warring down hence steel vs. aluminum. I hardly lube this thing and it still fires so long as you use green gas and not propane (Propane killed all those other guns I mentioned) here's my own demonstration and review: (

) Shooting test 3 mags

(

) review

I'm sorry, but you absolutely no nothing of what you speak of. ALL KSC/KWA have had a hop-up since the day they were made.

new%20m9%20ptp.jpg

Part 9, 95 and 33 is the components of the hop-up system.

However, some old KWC had a fixed hop up, but they did not have NS2 or any such valve system.

Again, you speak from very little experience. M9 are not 40mm and a HST 9mm round at 147gr if it hits you...it will stop you "dead" in your tracks. The 124gr Speer Gold Dot is pretty nasty too. The Hawaiian Police Dept uses this round to stop 300 pound "islanders".

Thank you for correcting me. I never knew that my gun had a hop up. Seriously. Even if I did I still havnt had any distance or curve problems with it.

When I saw the topic the KWA P226 went through my mind. I personally own the KWA P226 and let me tell you that thing almost works flawless. I've had the WE1911, WE M9, WE G18, KWA G18, and the KWA G23f all break in my experience but the P226 gets by with minor issues. The only issue it had with me from time to time is the slide will randomly lock back, and I noticed the slide lock notch is warring down hence steel vs. aluminum. I hardly lube this thing and it still fires so long as you use green gas and not propane (Propane killed all those other guns I mentioned) here's my own demonstration and review: (
) Shooting test 3 mags

(

) review

Im starting to really go towards this gun. I got to shoot the real steel of it along with its brothers p200 and 2022 at the range today.