Sign in to follow this  
Cryptkeeper

ECHO 1 XCR Polymer Version or G&G G&G CM16 RAIDER PLastic Version

Hi,

Need a second gun, already use an ICS but I think its time to get a second one just in case my ICS someday in the field gets funky LOL.

I saw the ECHO 1 XCR Polymer Version while searching for a cheap BUT GOOD secondary, what do you guys recommend ? The ECHO 1 or some G&G in plastic ?

Cheers

Edited by Cryptkeeper

Guest alberty

Both of those will be giving you similar features for a similar price. Both have plastic externals, V2 gearbox, takes M4 mags, has rail space for accessories, wired to crane stock.

At that point, I would just suggest to pick which one you like more. If you can't narrow that down, then you could pick the Raider M4 because it can be customized externally more, or you could pick the XCR to have a more uncommon gun.

The ECHO 1 for what I saw has a greater rate of fire. Is the body all polymer ? I never had a gun that wasnt metal =S some of my friends have sportlines ics or classic armys, I have seen some plastic guns breaking after small use in the buffer tube connection =S

Echo 1 simply looks awesome.

Guest alberty

Well to clarify, I would say the "XCR Polymer" is mostly plastic externals but metal where it needs to be. For example, metal outer barrel, metal buffer tube, metal trigger guard, and charging handle. Similar to the amount of metal vs. plastic found on the G&G Combat Machine Raider M4. For simplicity I pretty much say "mostly plastic externals".

I think the plastic both of those guns use are fine. Cases in which people break time, I wouldn't attribute to plastic material but rather the owner's actions. Falling hard on any gun, dropping it, or slamming it against something, whether the body is metal or plastic, could severely damage it.

As much as I heard combat machines are a hit and miss. They have a 2 piece barrel , bad motor, you can't put a stronger spring etc.. There are people who like them http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f6/g-...ly-great-20232/( well the atleast a few people show their love here )

and hate them

http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f88/g...s-system-26732/

But the majoritys vote is get a jg/dboys/cyma and upgrade it.

The echo 1 just rebrands aeg's and you can't find out whoes gun they took.

So in my opinion neither

Edited by Tom500

Guest alberty
As much as I heard combat machines are a hit and miss. They have a 2 piece barrel , bad motor, you can't put a stronger spring etc.. There are people who like them http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f6/g-...ly-great-20232/( well the atleast a few people show their love here )

and hate them

http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f88/g...s-system-26732/

But the majoritys vote is get a jg/dboys/cyma and upgrade it.

The echo 1 just rebrands aeg's and you can't find out whoes gun they took.

So in my opinion neither

A lot of people probably point towards other brands & models because of better parts compatibility and different internals (not so soft parts). If you go for a JG or Echo 1 M4, you definitely get more parts compatibility although you have to deal with the 2-piece hop-up system if you go for those M4s.

Echo 1 rebrands many, but it's fairly easy to determine the OEM of their models. Almost every single M4 they have is OEM by JG. The XCR polymer version is also by JG.

Guest alberty
The ECHO 1 XCR Polymer its an JG ? Just Rebranded ?

I do have a friend that had an G36 Classic Army... one day I called " hey igor... take a look on this! " and in the gun there was the echo 1 usa logo on it -.-'

HOW ?

All Echo 1 AEGs are rebrands of other guns. Several brands do this practice, it's nothing unusual. Echo 1, Bravo, Lancer Tactical, Socom Gear, TSD, UTG, and more.

From my experiences with opening the Echo 1 XCR Polymer version, I am pretty sure it's a JG gearbox inside. Has the typical chrome cylinder, orange piston, and high torque motor that can be found in latest-generation JG and Echo 1 M4s.

How about that G36? That cannot be right. Echo 1 rebranded JG for its G36 series. Nothing related to Classic Army as all.

The G&G would not be a good choice. The internals are soft and break easily, not the mention the ROF is quite horrid as well. The XCR would be a better choice, even though Echo 1 is mostly rebranded crap. (Not saying that the gun is crap, but the rebranding they do is off the charts with different companies)

everyone hates the CMs, but in reality, theyre great starter guns, have great plastic bodies, and a nice motor doesnt put you out that much. A CM was my first real AEG, and I still use it to this day when I feel like carrying something light. Ive shot both, and the XCR is externally unique, but a standard JG gearbox that shoots too high stock for CQB.

Guest alberty
The G&G would not be a good choice. The internals are soft and break easily, not the mention the ROF is quite horrid as well. The XCR would be a better choice, even though Echo 1 is mostly rebranded crap. (Not saying that the gun is crap, but the rebranding they do is off the charts with different companies)

What do you mean off the charts?

I think rate of fire with the G&G Combat Machines are okay. I could get like 17 rps with a good 9.6v NiMH battery and stock internals.

everyone hates the CMs, but in reality, theyre great starter guns, have great plastic bodies, and a nice motor doesnt put you out that much. A CM was my first real AEG, and I still use it to this day when I feel like carrying something light. Ive shot both, and the XCR is externally unique, but a standard JG gearbox that shoots too high stock for CQB.

Certainly, I think a Combat Machine is a decent choice for a beginner as it's not much more than the cost of a much-inferior LPEG and is compatible with aftermarket magazines & parts. The are plenty of other alternatives in the same price range, like the Echo 1 XCR Polymer or a JG M4 of course.

G&G's QC for compression isn't great, so some of them shoot like 330 with 0.20g out of the box, others shoots like 360-380 with 0.20g out of the box. Regardless, any AEG could just have the spring changed to meet your CQB limit.

Guest alberty
And as for a main gun? The Echo 1 XCR Polymer, would it be up to the task ? Running a 7.4 lipo.

Pretty much any AEG will run fine with a 7.4v lipo battery. That kind of battery with a decent discharge rate is no more stressful than an 8.4v nimh battery.