itrump

Which sportline M4 should I get?

Hello,

I'm looking into getting back into airsoft. I was looking to get an M4 along with a battery and charger for about $200 for everything.

So I was looking around different forums and a lot of people say you should get a G&G combat machine and some say get an ICS sport line M4.

My question is which one will be overall better out of the box?

I plan to do internal and external upgrades overtime. So which gun is compatible with parts?

If anyone has other thoughts on what M4 I should get please inform me. :)

Thanks!

Guest alberty

For the most parts compatibility, you could try a JG/Echo 1 M4. G&G is not 100% TM-style but is largely compatible with most aftermarket parts. There's also SRC, but I don't know much about them. I think that's about it for M4s in that particular price range, including cost of battery & charger.

I don't know about ICS Sportline M4s, but in general ICS M4s tend to have certain proprietary internals and externals.

Src has their "original" hop up chamber, its bad

ICS has their split gearboxes which can be a headache

G&G combat machines some people love them , some people hate them. They have a 2 piece barrel , bad motor etc. but thats not a problem if your planning to upgrade it anyway

If your planning to do external and internal upgrades you should take a 100% marui compatible aeg. I would take a clone that is 100% marui compatible for example

JG = AUG , G36

Cyma = AK family

Dboys = Scar , ak and M4's ( do keep in mind they externals won't be the best but still decent )

Edited by Tom500

Guest alberty
If your planning to do external and internal upgrades you should take a 100% marui compatible aeg. I would take a clone that is 100% marui compatible for example

JG = AUG , G36

Cyma = AK family

Dboys = Scar , ak and M4's ( do keep in mind they externals won't be the best but still decent )

Note:

- JG G36's latest generation hop-up unit & magwell are no-longer TM-spec.

- JG MP5s are TM spec.

- CYMA, not all AKs are TM-type in terms of externals. A lot of CYMA AKs are VFC types, usually the higher-end ones. Internally you're fine, but externally it's not TM type.

- CYMA MP5s are not TM-spec but rather improved on the body disassembly, while retaining internals that is mostly compatible

- DBoys AKs are all VFC style. Retains same level of internal compatibility but again, different externals.

I actually really like me WE Tech M4 more than my G&P. Its full metal with a nice finish, the motor sucks, the wiring is meh, the gear box has a few things already done to it...gears on 2 of mine were shimmed really well, radiused corners, 1/4in piece of rubber on the cylinder head, ported piston head. I was able to get it for 130 on an evike daily deal...don't know what you can get them for now...might be 180 with 20% off.

Edited by mad scientist

How about Classic Army? They seemed to have made some improvements to their sportline gearbox.

It will alaways be a sportline. The sportline idea came on when china made aeg's were killing the market and brands like classic army though about making a cheaper one. I wanted to buy one , but when I read a few reviews on it , people bashed those hardcore . The internals will be cr*p but if your upgrading that won't be a problem , the externalls well I don't remember but still keep away out of classic army sportlines

I actually really like me WE Tech M4 more than my G&P. Its full metal with a nice finish, the motor sucks, the wiring is meh, the gear box has a few things already done to it...gears on 2 of mine were shimmed really well, radiused corners, 1/4in piece of rubber on the cylinder head, ported piston head. I was able to get it for 130 on an evike daily deal...don't know what you can get them for now...might be 180 with 20% off.

Isn't WE a gas rifle ? And your suggesting a gas rifle to a beginner ? That thing will neeed twice of maintance than a electric one , mags aren't cheap , every magazine has 30bbs max against an aeg who can go from 30bb(lowcap) to 500(highcap) , gas , gas leaking in magazines etc. Not the best idea

Edited by Tom500

Isn't WE a gas rifle ? And your suggesting a gas rifle to a beginner ? That thing will neeed twice of maintance than a electric one , mags aren't cheap , every magazine has 30bbs max against an aeg who can go from 30bb(lowcap) to 500(highcap) , gas , gas leaking in magazines etc. Not the best idea

No WE got someone to rebrand their AEG for them last Spring.

Guest alberty
I thought that CA sportlines were the same internally as the prolines but with all plastic bodies instead of metal.

No, the internals are cheaper as well. Plastic bushings & spring guide, and some generic cylinder and inner barrel that are all colored blue. I don't know how the rest of the internals in the Sportline compare to the Proline series, but the bushings and spring guide are already some things to replace.