Guest BattlePriest

Asf Official Introduction Thread

Well I have come along years after some of my toys were the rage ,...Quite disappointed at the dearth of genuinely useful info on mod parts, or videos that actualy get nuts and and bolt on any of my personal faves. The grandkids with their call of duty impregnated minds I can find tech on their weapons.I've been thru most of the sight and the majority of store sights and for the most part, none of my preferred weapons are covered well. Well none of my modern era weapons. Some ww2 vintage are covered well. Of course I'm an odd duck I'm retired ranger sd/sw operator. And have carried my weapons bias into airsoft. For real steal I used varying sig's for a field weapon, the m10 or Brit l85, as a dmr despise the 556 round and the m4 in particular ( airsoft non issue but the full metal licensed are close enough in feel and balance that some tweaking and I'm mr grins.). urban and building clearing was a situational choice buety of a real m10 instant swap from field dmr light support or cq if not those an hk... wasn't a sniper but had the basic training and was quite fond of the dragunov/svd when the brass wasn't looking, which generally they preferred to pretend we cowboys didn't exist except when our special brand of crazy was required lol, we sd/sw guys chose their own loadouts ..So airsoft wise I'll only run full metal licensed rigs. For a few years now I've just back yard back 40 battled with my kids, grand kids , friends and not worried about pepping any up, beyond basic maintenance and tighten up tricks. Well the grands are older and have turned into one finely tuned squad, and want to start a team with me and moms dads when not deployed included.they've been doing some organized sight stuff for a while now. Well short of it I refuse I repeat refuse to hump an m4/16 but true tech info part info is pathetically thin in the us on the sig 556 or .the springer svd . So any info or direction into parts mods or foreign sites sources would be incredibly appreciated. I've scavenged this site and used the kids and grans weapons as quinea pigs, now it's time for gramps to raise the price of admission..... evil grin. Mods feel free to move this to wherever is most appropriate.

Hi Boondocker

Post your questions independently and we can give you advice on each topic instead of jamming it all here.

The one thing that catches my eye in your comments, "...So airsoft wise I'll only run full metal licensed rigs..." This will be your downfall.

Do not assume these are the best of the best. In Airsoft...its the worst of the worst due to the license holders being a French company Cybergun and a German company Umarex. CYB could give a crap about quality. Umarex...will make you pay 2.5X for quality under another brand.

Hi Boondocker

Post your questions independently and we can give you advice on each topic instead of jamming it all here.

The one thing that catches my eye in your comments, "...So airsoft wise I'll only run full metal licensed rigs..." This will be your downfall.

Do not assume these are the best of the best. In Airsoft...its the worst of the worst due to the license holders being a French company Cybergun and a German company Umarex. CYB could give a crap about quality. Umarex...will make you pay 2.5X for quality under another brand.

. Ahh yes I figured that part out, on cybergun, I misstated somewhat. I like the cyber licensed just for the collection display, and yard fun. for the field toys I look for something close to real but practical. Or just wild and cool like the csi star x five.., and yes I didn't intend for answers on anything here. I'll post in as close to the appropriate forum as possible. Was more a generality statement. I will say that my cyber cyma 556 is a pretty impressive unit though.. I'm very pleased with it. Thanks for the hello

Hey guys I'm Tony. I just started playing recently and realized im going to blow my life savings on this hobby. Anyways I just played my first actual game last week, it was firestorm vi or iv in Michigan. The best time I had in a while. The adrenaline rush involved is nearly incomparable. My friend let me use his G and G m14 EBR and I realized I really like the DMR game style. I played the role of sneaky sniper, bear crawled my way halfway through a swamp most the time just to catch the tail end of our team moving up. Oh well. Anyways I'm hoping to join a hard dedicated group somewhere in chicago area...So theres that. Hey also, if anyone is reading this and plans on going to wasteland 2017 CPX hit me up! We can start a team. Cool.