Guest BattlePriest

Asf Official Introduction Thread

Hey guys. I'm 24 years old and I live in the Peoria area in Illinois. I've been into airsoft for the past few years, but was at school and traveled a lot, so I didn't get to play to often. I've been to 4 or so events since spring 2009. I enjoy playing more of the organized day long mil-sim type of events over skirmish/quick round types of games. I'm married now, and have been working in the "real world" for a little over a year now. I'm looking to get out and start playing more regularly.

I've got a pretty basic loadout. Desert and Woodland BDUs, Plate carrier style vest, dump pouch, boots, safety equipment, etc. My primary is a JG SR-16, which is baically a M4 RIS with a full stock. I got it in 2009, and it has the supposedly higher quality gearbox (it's the black one). I've done some work to it. I re-shimmed the gearbox, installed a G&G M100 spring (looking to get under 350fps), madbull V2 6.03 tightbore. I'm going to rewire it shortly with 16 gauge wire and build my own MOSFET for it. I've already converted it do run Deans connectors. Looking to get it running efficiently to get my rate of fire up. I'll probably go with some Lipo's soon too. I'm a tinkerer at heart, so I like digging in and modifying my stuff.

Looking at trying out some CQB style play. A new indoor CQB field just opened up 15 minutes from me, so I'm tailoring my AEG for that. I'm hoping to pick up a sidearm for Christmas too. Thinking the KJW KP07 1911 looks nice, or maybe their Sig P226.

'Sup ASF? If my handle wasn't clear, I tend to go by Ezekiel online, or Zeke if you want to sound familiar. As of this posting I'm eighteen and I'm from Santa Cruz, California. I've been into airsoft for a while and only recently have I come into the funds to afford it. I haven't had much opportunity-my town doesn't exactly have a lot of spots free from hippie college students and what-have-you, so going out for some good ol' fashion shooting isn't really worth risking an awkward confrontation with some cops.

Some buddies and I are looking into starting a little team and we're in the process of getting everyone geared up-but it's pricy.

I spend most of my time gaming, like a true nerd, but when it comes to airsoft I am a real Gear Professional. Currently sending it with love using a custom G&P M4 and my KWA SIG P226-with an EI RRV.

Currently between jobs, probably going to end up working at the local Boardwalk again this summer-but work is work. I have a great deal of interest in both the culinary arts and private security, with a bit of an artistic background in ceramics and writing. Out there on the web I love to roleplay-if you don't know what I mean by that, get your head out of the gutter fellows.

Good day to everyone. this is hoopbear - taken from one of my favorite cartoons, winnie the pooh bear.

Anyway, I'm interested in purchasing an airsoft weapon because I wasn't permitted to purchase the real steel. I have strict parents,though I'm turning 21 now. anyway, I went here at airsoftforums in order to read more about airsoft weapons, and bb guns. I'm not going to use this weapon for games, I'll just use it for target shooting and practice. I'm choosing between the handgun (1911/.45 type) and the revolver/.357 magnum type.

well this is all for now. aside from this, I'm an aspiring musician, and movie actor.

With my past experiences with new member threads, I figure most people wont look at this one. But I figured why not.

Anyways.... my username, Riley79, has no meaning besides that I came to like it through video games/internet use.

in the Airsoft field I basically have been playing using my friends' guns. which range from shotguns, to assault rifles, to snipers. and I have finally got the cash to get my own gun and I in the process of debating between 2 guns that I really want and I have the money and then some to get.

I'm in between getting an Echo 1 M240 Bravo, and a Echo 1 Vulcan minigun. And yes, I am aware of the costs....

My main issue with this both of them is their magazines.... the Vulcan's clip is basically about 2000 rounds and that is just going to run out too quickly.... while the M240 has a huge mag but its made out of card board.... Im pretty much including this in case by some insane chance someone reads this. Please let me know what you guys think.

I joined this sight to basically get advice from other players and to find more airsoft events in the state I live in: Pennsylvania

If someone actually read this, thank you for your time.

-Riley79

Hi Y'all:

I am considering airsoft but I am not new to combat games. I got into Paintball in 91, taking my 10 year old son out once a week and playing without him once a week for 5 years. I let him take a friend once a month so I introduced many a kid to paintball. I figure I played a thousand paintball matches.

Started with the one shot PGP pistol, graduated to tipman pump guns then semi auto's then when we could shoot a couple thousand rounds in one day started to play the “whomever gets the most kills per round ratio at the end of the day wins game” I have reffed when I trashed my knee (playing of course) and been killed untold times sporting welts in the face and neck on every Monday.

I have not played for 15 years.

I have and shoot several 9mm and .38 cal pistols. I found out about airsoft recently and took a shooting buddy to Airsoft Atlanta where he bought a 1911 gas pistol, loaded it with .25 BB's and shot me in the butt from 15 feet. Ouch but not to bad. Didn't leave a mark. Nice.

I watched the kids spray and pray with AEG's at the local Gold Eagle CGB spot at the local Discover Mills mall on youtube. I don't think that looks to fun. I want to practice defending my home with a semi-auto blowback gas pistol with limited, realistic amounts , of ammo.

We have plenty of space to play in our wooded back yards, and my buddies local, indoor music venue.

My wife is not to excited about this being a new hobby, as she had to pay for my trashed knee and dealt with my injuries each week when I returned from the fields, I am pushing 60 now but my son is raising the next generation of players.

After selling off my dilapidated paintball gear I will be able to get a KSW Sig P229 and the Brass Guard Stark mask.

I'm an avid paintballer, been playing for about 6 years now. Played airsoft once so far and had a blast. The main appeal to me is the reduced cost to play vs paintball (BBs are dirt cheap compaired to paintballs) and the near by indoor field allows 8-year olds to play allowing me to bring my son to play also. He's very excited about this (as am I)!

Another aspect I think I will like about airsoft is the mil-sim aspect of the games. I have a love-hate relationship with mil-sim paintball: I like the military rifle type look but I don't like paying the performance and/or weigh penalties associated with a mil-sim paintgun vs a light-weight tourny ot pump paintgun. In airsoft, all the guns are replicas so the playing field is level. Additionally, many fields allow a higher FPS rating for spring rifles, allowing a real possibility of playing as a sniper (wich is difficult if not impossable to do in paintball).

<AT> philsaudio If you still have your old PGP, keep it! They are a blast to play paintball with! I have one I got off of EBay just hat to replace the seals and it was good to go!

I'm Ian from Kansas City Missouri. I've been airsofting seriously for about two years now but I've been messing around with my brothers for about 5 years. I currently own a G&G Sr25, G4 CQBR, and a KJW P226.

Hello, I am commonly referred to as meat. I am new to the forums but not to the game. I have been playing at an official field for a year so far and I have been playing "backyard" games with my friends for about 5-6 years now. I play at Hudson Valley Airsoft in New Windsor, New York. This is an EXCELLENT field and it is higly recomended to anybody near the hudson valley in New York. I am not a man of many guns do to the fact that once I get use to a gun, I use that gun for everything. primary is a KWA SR-12 and I even use that when clearing buildings. I have been on this forum before for some answers so some of my questions but have never registered. I finally decided to sign up because my regular go-to forum (not gonna call anybody out on here) has proved their uselessness. I am glad I finally signed up though and look foward to your insight and what not.

Hi there. :)

I've been airsofting six years, and have gone through about a dozen airsoft guns. I have experience with CYMA Thompsons, CYMA MP5s, CYMA M14s, Classic Army MP5s, the Tokyo Marui FAMAS, and a variety of low-quality springers and LPEGs.

I live in the Seattle area, and don't get to airsoft as often as I'd like to. I've joined ASF to give tech help to people new to the sport, and to find other airsofters to play with.

Hey ASF. I'm Tom. I'm a 29 year old Information Systems Tech serving proudly in the U.S. Navy. Prior to that I served in the Army's 3rd Infantry Division as an automatic rifleman for 5 years. Two tours in Iraq and 1 in Afghanistan with Navy later I'm still going strong.

I first discovered airsoft when I was in high school while I was using a computer for "work related purposes" that in no way involved slacking off or shirking my studies. At the time I could only drool over the guns as airsoft had only just started gaining ground in the U.S. It wasn't till about 2004 that I got my first lpeg (a DE G36c for about $50) and became immediately and forever hooked on the sport. My next purchase was a classic army m15a4 and it all went up from there. After being stationed in northern California I began attending regular weekend games out at Ukau's field in Galt. It's a fantastic field and an absolutely great environment. Sadly, I. Had to bid all my friends goodbye and deploy to A-Stan after only a couple of years. But they threw me one helluva going away game to send me off. After demobilizing, I was stationed in Norfolk, VA and have been out here since. I attend games pretty regularly at Ballahack Airsoft in Chesapeake and I'm still expanding my collection of guns and gear. My current project is a Classic Army SR-25 that hurts my head when I think about the dollar amount that's gone into it. But it's all worth it when you nail someone from so far out you have to lip read them calling their hits. I mean that's what it's all about. Am I right?

Hey, I'm Daniel. Go by Necron, because T am the bringer of death in Combat arms, and the 681 is cause I felt like adding a few numbers. I started with Airsoft around 2008, with a Beretta M9. I then got a crappy M16 with grav-feed magazine at Wal-Mart for 40 bucks. After I got better, I switched to my current and much loved AK-47. Besides my AK, my current arsenal includes 2 sidearms( Colt 1911 and Beretta M9) and a pump action rifle if I need better range. Ever since I started airsoft I have loved it, going out to war whenever my neighbors host one.

As for me personally, I am in high school, a major math/science geek and I love to make stuff blow up. I am studying to become a ham radio operator, so if anyone is near the central NC area, I will post my callsign when I get it.

Hello, I am cccplt. A airsoft enthusiast located in Boston Massachusetts. I try to play as often as I can but I am mostly in for the collecting.

I'm not gonna lie, I joined this forum because I always see people selling things on airsoft monkey. That does not mean I am a scammer, I have good feedback on classicairsoft and maasf.

My specialty is in rare/ classic airsoft guns and I'm always looking to add more to my collection.

My airsoft collection is what you can call "retro" not classic, mostly consisting of TM guns back when chinese clones did not exist.

http://s1176.photobucket.com/albums/x326/cccplt/ If you want to see pics,

Hey, just signed up, I got involved in airsoft because of my two sons (for about 1 1/2 years). I quickly got hook, I spent 4 years in the US Marine Corps so this was right up my alley. we have a small arsenal of weapons and look forward to all the great info and sharing on this forum. We have played casually outdoors a couple of times but mostly play indoors, we have a great place here on Long Island, NY. We have a pair of GoPro's and love making videos after a great night of airsoft. It has been a great way to spend time with my sons, I just have to get my daughter into it. lol

Thanks

I live in LA I started airsofting back in 2009 and am on my second gun, my G&G m14. I love airsofting but since I'm on 3-4 basketball teams year round, it gets hard to find time. Im thinking I might want to upgrade some of my stuff but I don't have the money right now. So I signed up to this forum to see if I can find something in the airsoft buyer and seller area.

Hello all.

I'm new to airsoft in general. I'm a regular guy with a desk job and an affinity for less than normal hobbies. I've used airsoft for some small force on force / combatives training but look forward to using it more for fun and not for professional development. I've been training and shooting with real firearms for the last 4 years so hopefully there will be enough overlap for me to pick up quickly. Please bear with my questions and don't hesitate send me any of your own.

Hello Airsofters from around the world!

My call sign is GREEN NINJA and I am from the Airsoft Organization of South Carolina. (AOSC)

I am an admin and an event coordinator for our State league. We currently have over 2200 forum members and have hosted many organized events in the SC state for over 3 years with events scheduled twice a month YEAR ROUND on over 7 various fields and more on the way. We have ex- military and current miltary, police, hunters, gamers, and just about every type of player in our league now a days. We strongly believe airsoft is more than a hobby but a community based on fun, honor, and safety.

Our largest OP hosted over 325+ players last year and this year Memorial day weekend we are hosting our first NATIONAL event....... We invite players from the U.S. and around the world to come out and take the field of battle with us!

I will post more details in the correct upcoming games section (general and se) on this forum but heres just a flyer to checkout if you like....

OPERATION: STEEL GRIFFIN CONVOY

OPSG2.jpg

By the way, LOVE the site guys... great job growing airsoft for everyone!

Edited by GREEN NINJA

Hello Airsofters!!!

Call Sign is Venom, occasionally SteveOtheGringo, old name from high school that kept with some friends.

I am fairly new to the Airsofting world, but I'm getting deeper and deeper the more I read these forums, and the more I read up on all that is Airsoft.

I am here to find out more and to socialize with people who are as passionate about Airsofting as I am. I am happy to be apart of this community and hope to hear from you all and possibly play with some as well.

A little back story... I started getting into Airsoft at about 13/14, almost 10 years ago. I started with a spring P99 pistol. You remember... the one you had to hand load each and every BB, and pull the rail back for each shot... I have come far from that in my years, but only recently within the last year gotten back into the sport and started to spend some money. I currently have a KWA KM4 SR10 with a few minor upgrades, but nothing special. Looking to end up as a sniper of sorts or to operate at a further distance, the KM4 is serving my needs greatly! I am not ex military or anything, but I have had the pleasure of playing with some ex marines and ex military personnel. I can't wait to see what's happening here in this world I have not yet come to know.

Hope to see you out there!

Happy Airsofting!

Hi fellow Airsofters,

I'm 45 w/ 3 back surgeries & Fibromyalgia & whenever I get to play with my boys and their friends, I end up dominating, along with my 2 boys.

- 1st - I play at my In-Laws Farm on 5 acres that they have given my boys & I to do what ever we want on & that has turned out to be 1st camping.

- 2nd Shooting rifles & shotguns.

- 3rd would be the riding of our 2) 4-wheelers, 1 being a 4-Stroke 89' Kawasaki Bayou that has always given me fits getting to run, but once she is hot, she'll keep running as long as you want. Then I bought my youngest Son who is now 15, a 2005 E-Ton 90cc 2 stroke & that thing is a wild pony that needs tamed. Very dangerous little ATV.

- 4th would be Paintball until it got too messy and Airsoft guns became more accurate, farther shooting and a whole lot else less to clean up. With Paintball, I rarely had any of my friends stay and help with the cleanup. I do still have my 3 Paintball Guns (The Spyder MR-1, a Spyder Electric Automatic & an original Bone Daddy). My boys have the other 4 guns. I will sell all the Electronic Paintball Guns because they are such a pain to clean. The other Guns can be thrown in the Dishwasher.

- 5th is the most fun I have had so far, while playing the Game of Airsoft. Unfortunately, the High Schooler's that we play with are so afraid to get shot, that it has become their downfall. Shoot, they will invite my 15 year old to his friends farm to play, but my older Son & I are not allowed to come, because his parents do not know us. This is a perplexing problem, because my Flesh wants me to say that he can no longer come to our Farm in Union Bridge, MD & play, but my Christianity keeps saying in the back of my mind to "do unto others as you would have them do unto you". Man that Stinks. Another issue I have is that all these kids wear hoodies when playing & they do not feel the shots hitting them. 1 boy I chased had claimed I did not shoot him from behind, but when I told him to put his hoodie over his head all the BB's fell out. I wear long sleave Under Armour & a thin Tee-shirt, so I know when I'm getting hurt

I have a G&G Combat Arms M4 & it is very Light & very accurate. I play with .20 gram BB's & a 9.6V 2,000 mAh battery. The Gun ran me $220 with all the accessories, including a Smart Charger. I believe the Gun was on sale for $170 on HitGuns.com & is why I bought it. It came with a mid size Barrel <AT> 6.5 (I think) & it will shoot with the best of them and has the accuracy as well.

I just recently bought a KWA M11A1 from Evike that looks like an UZI, but I am having issues with it right now & I'm not sure why it is doing this, but when I fill the New NS2 type of clip (48 rounds), it is as though there is to much pressure in the clip & the force of pulling the trigger is only enough to hear a little puff sound. Then I :censored2: it back again & it does the same thing. On the 3rd try it will start to shoot above 350FPS, but will not empty the clip when on full auto from the gas that is left in the clip. I bought a 2nd clip to see if this would happen to the 2nd clip & they both operate exactly the same way.

Does anyone have any advice before I call KWA? I have had it since this Monday & have a nice 45 day warranty through American made KWA.

Thx,

Bigdogtim7

Hey guys! My name is Ryan I have been airsofting for about a year know but have not done much to get to games and stuff but that will change. I mainly play with my team around the country side. We have lots of woods to work with and open pastures too. I live in Davenport, Nebraska the rest of my team is located around the area. I do all my work on my guns and have been doing it for about half a year. I own a pretty basic loadout, plate carrier, pouches, bdus, stuff like that. I also forgot to mention I am 16. :a-grin:

Hello everyone,

My name is Trey, I was a member here many years ago using the name -loose- if I remember correctly. I am from SC and am not a member of any airsoft team at this point in time. I am trying to get back into the sport I only played for a year or two then highschool and college took over all of my time. I got my start in paintball playing for a team named Asylum in the SCPFOA and eventually ended up playing for team Fracture in the CFOA and PSP. I ended my paintball career at the age of 16 after playing in the world cup. I am currently an infantryman in the SCARNG and cannot wait to get back into airsoft.

Well this is my introduction its quite nice to be back.

Hey Dusty18 here,

To introduce myself I figure I will just share a few of the basics:

Callsign: Dusty

Number: 18

Play style(s): CQB, Outdoor, Milsim, ACA

Primary: Airsoft Gi-G4 Flaming Hog/ KWA KM4 RIS

Sidearm: KWA ATP

All in all I just like to get out every weekend or so and play. Airsoft is my getaway from everyday life and without it, I don't know what I would be doing.Looking forward to being an active member of the forum.

Dusty out.

Hey Dusty18 here,

To introduce myself I figure I will just share a few of the basics:

Callsign: Dusty

Number: 18

Play style(s): CQB, Outdoor, Milsim, ACA

Primary: Airsoft Gi-G4 Flaming Hog/ KWA KM4 RIS

Sidearm: KWA ATP

All in all I just like to get out every weekend or so and play. Airsoft is my getaway from everyday life and without it, I don't know what I would be doing.Looking forward to being an active member of the forum.

Dusty out.

User is UrnotWrex, lost a d somewhere along the line as my normal user is UrdnotWrex (way too much Mass Effect)

Decided to try ASF after Airsoftsociety slowed down and got swamped by the newbie invasion of '011. I have been playing the sport for 3 years. I lead a team near Gettysburg PA called Fenrir airsoft. I have run through quite a lot of guns, right now I have an ICS SSR85 with a whole lot of work, which I happen to also be selling ;)

Hello everyone, I'm greenday9391. Live in New York state and I'd love to play airsoft some day. For now, I'm considering buying a Red Wolf Custom TM G17 for target shooting. It'll be my 3rd airsoft gun and 1st GBB. I have little experience with airsoft and that's the reason I made an account here; to get some solid answers from experienced airsoft players about my potential purchases. That's about it :)

Hello everyone, as you might have guessed from my username I'm Arrow. I'm 16 and I'm from Maryland. I've been playing for about a year and a half-ish? I mostly play with SOG airsoft if any of you know them. My primary is a Combat Machine M4 with a bunch of upgrades. I'm honestly here mostly for the buy/sell section but I've used this site for information plenty.

Sup dudes? I am as new as they come in the airsoft world - zero knowledge until the last two hours watching YouTube videos.

I have always wanted to get into this but never quite had the time until maybe now.

I am a member of gun club and that's about the only affinity I have with guns. I thought maybe this would be a great opportunity to have fun and not out anyone in the process. =)

:a-salute: I opperate under the codename of Sarge, it was given to me about a year ago for my tendancy to wear a full military uniform to school with no explaination, simply answering with "why not?" if anyone asked. I have played airsoft for 2 years or so and can honestly say that both of my pairs of combat boots (one is a pair of vintage Vietnam jungle boots, the other is a pair of modern swat boots) are ten times a comfortable as any pair of sneakers I have ever worn. May primary objective is to gather information but if I come across a discussion that I find worth answering then I will giv my honest opinion in the best way I can. I just hope the members here are easier to deal with than on the other forum I went on.

Hi, my name is Hercules, I've been playing Airsoft for 3 years. I like long walks on the beach and back to respawn, candlelit dinners and flamelit firefights, and I enjoy sampling wine and camelbak water. Started playing in Virginia Beach, VA. Traveled between there and San Francisco, CA for 2 years, this is my 3rd year and I live in the Denver, CO area. Proud MilSim player and a strong supporter of this way of life.