Sign in to follow this  
mazmaz

I'm going to sell the PolarStar'd Socom m82...

So I've finally decided to sell the Socom M82 Barrett and I'm curious what you folks think about how I should handle the sale. This was the first M82 that PolarStar did, and they did all the work as well as creating a custom mounting bracket for the engine and charging handle. It's incredible and works very very well but the price tag of the complete package, even with my selling it relatively cheap, has me concerned about finding potential buyers. So my two options seem pretty simple.... Sell it as-is with the PolarStar engine or pull it and the mounting bracket and sell it with an AEG V2 gearbox, then sell the PolarStar engine separately. Any thoughts?

The gun has been pretty seriously tuned (Shortened Barrel, promy inner barrel, madbull hop-up ect...) and has had confirmed centermass hits at 300ft and 350ft using .4s <AT> 550fps (obviously for testing, not live gaming due to safety concerns <AT> Op BrokenHome 2012). I've dumped a ton into this project and don't really mind taking a bit of loss at this point, but I don't want to cut too deeply either. What do you other sellers and collectors out there think is my best bet to recoup the maximum possible sale amount out of this beast of a project?

DSC02804_zps3149ec6f.jpg

I think because of the custom work such as the bracket, the P* package might have trouble selling for that specific M82. It might take longer to find the right buyer, but I think it would be better to sell the P* package with the gun. The V2 can sell easily without a doubt, there's always a market for extra gearboxes.

I should have explained better, the bracket is completely removable. It is just a stability part to keep the P* aligned inside the large M82 body. M82 will still work perfectly fine with an EAG gearbox, and the P* will work perfectly fine in any v2 compatible gun ( or any gun that will normally take a v2). I would include the bracket with either the m82 or the P* depending on buyer, in case they wanted the option of installing again, but both the gun and the P* can be swapped out with no modification.

Guest alberty

I would probably try to sell it all at once. I don't think there are many buyers looking for an M82 gearbox alone.

Or if not, sell it as an AEG and keep your Fusion Engine for another day :)