Sign in to follow this  
octopus

Base M4

Hey! So I've been looking into getting a base M4 with really nice internals and just base externals. (Because I want to change the externals to what I want) The only things I would like on the externals is a crane stock that is wired to the rear.

I've found a couple ones that I'm interested in and I wanted to see what you guys thought, as in which one is better.

http://www.evike.com/products/43270/

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=5730

The only problem that I have with the VFC is that is more expensive and its not wired to the rear. So I would have to spend more money on getting a crane stock and wiring it.

If anyone has another suggestion, please let me know. And please don't just say something like "don't get either of them" and then not give me another option. :)

Thanks

You have an idea, but your doing it the wrong way.

External parts are far more expensive over internal parts.

Rail Kits run 80-100 and it may not even fit correctly on your model of an AEG.

Stocks run 35-100 depending on type and you also may have fitment issues.

It would be better if you bought what you want with it already installed externally and just tighten up the internals for free.

BTW...FDE AA Mk18 is 310.00 shipped. Which is 30.00 more than a VFC and it has the tactical bits on it already...see how the economics work?

Edited by Guges Mk3

You have an idea, but your doing it the wrong way.

External parts are far more expensive over internal parts.

Rail Kits run 80-100 and it may not even fit correctly on your model of an AEG.

Stocks run 35-100 depending on type and you also may have fitment issues.

It would be better if you bought what you want with it already installed externally and just tighten up the internals for free.

BTW...FDE AA Mk18 is 310.00 shipped. Which is 30.00 more than a VFC and it has the tactical bits on it already...see how the economics work?

Well I get what you're saying. The thing is I hate working on internals, I've had lots of internal problems in the past with another gun and I just want a gun that I wouldn't have to upgrade or work on for a while. Also I don't know anyone that I can go to to help me, And I don't want to send it to a shop.

See what I wanted to do with the base gun after I got it was put some kind of tube rail system on it and different iron sights (I wanted to put something like this on when it comes out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkpj6Ntjp8k). The only m4s that I can find that have tube rails and a crane stock, have polymer bodies and I want a full metal one.

Also what do you mean by " tighten up the internals for free."?

That tubular outer RIS is 175.00 < See not cheap.

You can tighten up compression and fix AOE for free.

Thing is. Changing external parts is not as easy as you think. No AEG's comes perfectly with a "purring" mechbox, not lonex, VFC or G&P. All have some nuance that needs to be addressed at some time. You don't have to do it right away though.

The best recommendation I have for you is get the AEG you want that looks right externally...and then the day you blow a piston..you can tighten it up the mechbox then.

But, what do I know...I have been Airsofting since the 20th century... :a-laugh:

Edited by Guges Mk3

That tubular outer RIS is 175.00 < See not cheap.

You can tighten up compression and fix AOE for free.

Thing is. Changing external parts is not as easy as you think. No AEG's comes perfectly with a "purring" mechbox, not lonex, VFC or G&P. All have some nuance that needs to be addressed at some time. You don't have to do it right away though.

The best recommendation I have for you is get the AEG you want that looks right externally...and then the day you blow a piston..you can tighten it up the mechbox then.

But, what do I know...I have been Airsofting since the 20th century... :a-laugh:

Where did you find the price?

oh yeah well I get what you are saying. do you know of an m4 with tube rails and a crane stock under $300? preferably around $250

I can't seem to find one that has a a full metal body.

Well, save up some money and start buying parts.

Get the Lonex complete GB and buy your own externals.

Well I would do that but I just don't have the money. My max is about $300 or $320.

Lonex is better for tuning, so yes.

Is it what you want?

Nope, nothing is at this point.

You want a gun with reliable internals but don't want to work on it.

It's simply not going to happen.

You obviously want the best bang for the the buck in both looks and performance.

Your not going to get either for your price range "and" experience in building/tuning.

I emphasize that you should just get "something" now and worry about upgrading it when it breaks and changing the looks when you have money.

then, just get any of those listed above. Or if you want to spend a little more, you can always get a KWA KM4

Yea, buy a KWA for it's crap GB with crap and off spec internals.

Yes by all means buy a KWA, cry, hate your life, pull out all your hair wondering why nothing fits the GB and then get so depressed you blow up a million people causing a megadeath.

Or get a Lonex or G&P.

http://www.evike.com/products/39847/

I own this gun and would highly recommend it. Great externals and haven't opened the gun up yet however have put about 15000 rds through it with no issues.

I can run through 15000 rounds on semi-auto only within a day or two......

KWA are just fine in stock form.

They are not as conducive as a platform for "major" modifications...but in stock trim they are far better than say:

APS

Lancer

Matrix

CyberPoo Products

etc...

Edited by Guges Mk3

KWA are just fine in stop form.

They are not as conducive as a platform for "major" modifications...but in stock trim they are far better than say:

APS

Lancer

Matrix

CyberPoo Products

etc...

which is why I threw it out there. Just trying to give the guy options. It sounded like the OP doesn't want to mess with the internals.

But if it were my money, I'd get one of the G&P's I suggested previously. Evike has 25% off right now.

Edited by choochoo

I can run through 15000 rounds on semi-auto only within a day or two......

I was simply stating my (limited) experience with the gun so far. Out of the box it has been good. Chrono's a consistent 335fps so I am assuming a good air seal. Gun is very accurate with a good hopup unit. Only trying to help.

Guest alberty
I was simply stating my (limited) experience with the gun so far. Out of the box it has been good. Chrono's a consistent 335fps so I am assuming a good air seal. Gun is very accurate with a good hopup unit. Only trying to help.

A consistent FPS doesn't guarantee a good air seal. You could potentially be having a consistently-bad air seal...like, the same amount of air loss every shot or something.

And I was simply stating that 15000 rounds is really nothing for any gun.

A Combat Machine can easily out live that.

A consistent FPS doesn't guarantee a good air seal. You could potentially be having a consistently-bad air seal...like, the same amount of air loss every shot or something.

In his defense, considering his gun is stock (he said he's never opened it) and the inner barrel's only 200mm (according to Evike). Assuming his numbers are right, I'm guessing he's got a good air seal.

In his defense, considering his gun is stock (he said he's never opened it) and the inner barrel's only 200mm (according to Evike). Assuming his numbers are right, I'm guessing he's got a good air seal.

Um....so you came to the conclusion that his gun has good seal just because the GB is still a virgin?

Sorry, PTS Masada, consistent 301~305FPS with BLS .20 out of the box.

Pretty good right?

After air seal mods, 347~349FPS.

Guest alberty
Um....so you came to the conclusion that his gun has good seal just because the GB is still a virgin?

Pretty good right?

Another example: some G&G Combat Machine M4s and blowback M4s shoot about 330 FPS with 0.20g BBs out of the box consistently, but after fixing piston head compression you can get at least 350 or 360 with 0.20g BBs.

Pretty good right?

Another example: some G&G Combat Machine M4s and blowback M4s shoot about 330 FPS with 0.20g BBs out of the box consistently, but after fixing piston head compression you can get at least 350 or 360 with 0.20g BBs.

^^^gotcha! :a-salute: