Sign in to follow this  
njd92

best m4 on the market?

Hey all I have a budget of about $380 for a new gun. I had a KWA km4 2gx and I did not like it at all. The hop up was garbage and constalntly had problems. Not to mention all of the proprietary parts. I am looking for an m4 that has good externals but GREAT internals. I am not afraid to do a bit of upgrading but I would prefer to have a stock one perform well for a little while. What would the best m4 be?

No such thing.

You will have to "blue print" a good external oriented AEG to get what you want.

All top makers have weaknesses.

Lonex: Second rate lonex internals.

VFC: Loose internals with self-shimming gear issues.

G&P: Loose internals with leaky compression.

KWA: Proprietary internals

G&G: Going down hill...internals are really weak, especially the Pneu-mo units.

You can never go wrong with a JG m4.

With your budget you can go all metal and buy plenty of extra mags and Li-po batteries.

Airsoft Gi is marketing a tan(ABS) JG M4A1 that's very good for 145.00 less 20% OFF. I bought three. It has an upgraded gearbox for up to 435fps. It has low resistance silver wire, micro mosfet, 7mm bearing/bushings, o-ring air nozzle, 6.04mm barrel, bearing spring guide and piston. These shooters sport NO shims. The bearing/bushings are pressed in such a way that there is no room(maybe .002-.003) for shims thereby making gear side-to-side movement just about nil. An excellent deal plus lots of lettuce left over for mags and lipo set-ups. loc.

Hey all I have a budget of about $380 for a new gun. I had a KWA km4 2gx and I did not like it at all. The hop up was garbage and constalntly had problems. Not to mention all of the proprietary parts. I am looking for an m4 that has good externals but GREAT internals. I am not afraid to do a bit of upgrading but I would prefer to have a stock one perform well for a little while. What would the best m4 be?

King Arms makes a good, reliable, and cheap airsoft gun. The stock internals are great but the outside is almost always 100% plastic, they feel sturdy but do not have a lot of metal externals.

ICS makes a good gun as well. They are a bit more pricey but I have never seen one with a problem. I also like working on them because of their split gear box design. Other stay away from them because of this.

CA (Classic Army) makes a very reliable gun and they usually are mostly metal. The internals are solid but they usually don't shoot quite as "hard" out of the box.

I would spend around $150-$200 and spend the rest on gear. (or maybe a sidearm even)

Edited by Drogdar

the m4 that is most likely the best would probably be one from systema, as it's a professional training weapon. however, that would definitely be out of your budget.

I can definitely recommend g&P. they make quality m4s that shoot very well out of the box. the only problem is that the charging handle does not lock back to the rear like most other m4s do. that is my only problem with my mk18

but most of the brands listed by Guges MK3 are all pretty decent. choose which one you like the best and buy it.

the m4 that is most likely the best would probably be one from systema, as it's a professional training weapon. however, that would definitely be out of your budget.

I can definitely recommend g&P. they make quality m4s that shoot very well out of the box. the only problem is that the charging handle does not lock back to the rear like most other m4s do. that is my only problem with my mk18

but most of the brands listed by Guges MK3 are all pretty decent. choose which one you like the best and buy it.

SystemA has one Major flaw in them. All the important little parts are made from soft aluminum alloy...pay a 1000.00 for an AEG that frags a small gear in 2000 shots is "Printer in the Woods" moment...

Might as well drop in TM Recoil Shock M4 then...