Sign in to follow this  
Joshwaa

Looking for my first AEG

Hello all,

Looking for a Airsoft Gun for myself. I need to start playing airsoft with my kids.

Budget: Up to 600.00

I mainly will be playing field and forest matches with a small amount of close quarter. The gun doesn't have to be any exact replica of a real gun. Not looking for a sniper rifle but would like to be able to shoot over 40m with good accuracy. I am in the US so my FPS is not limited but I do not want to hurt my kids to bad so I would say 390-450 would be ok. Until my kids get more people to come play at our 40 acres it will be matches where I play alone against my two boys and maybe one or two of their friends. My oldest son is getting a sniper rifle so there is that to contend with. He doesn't have a gilly(sp) suit though so not all that worried about him yet. The other kids play with AEG and CO2 pistols.

The gun should be great quality out of the box. I do not want to have to mod it when I first get it just to play. However I would like for it to be able to be upgraded down the road if I want to. I am very mechanically inclined. I already have lipo's and chargers from my RC hobbies so it does not have to come with these accessories. I like the looks of the KWA G36c and the SL9 Elite. However I know nothing about them and have seen many mixed reviews. Not real fond of the AK style guns (their looks). American assault rifles look good to me also. Also gun should be relatively quiet and does not need to kick.

That's all I can think of for now. Please ask any questions needed.

Joshwaa :a-salute:

Edited by Joshwaa

Hello all,

Looking for a Airsoft Gun for myself. I need to start playing airsoft with my kids.

I mainly will be playing field and forest matches with a small amount of close quarter. The gun doesn't have to be any exact replica of a real gun. Not looking for a sniper rifle but would like to be able to shoot over 40m with good accuracy. I am in the US so my FPS is not limited but I do not want to hurt my kids to bad so I would say 390-450 would be ok. Until my kids get more people to come play at our 40 acres it will be matches where I play alone against my two boys and maybe one or two of their friends. My oldest son is getting a sniper rifle so there is that to contend with. He doesn't have a gilly(sp) suit though so not all that worried about him yet. The other kids play with AEG and CO2 pistols.

The gun should be great quality out of the box. I do not want to have to mod it when I first get it just to play. However I would like for it to be able to be upgraded down the road if I want to. I am very mechanically inclined. I already have lipo's and chargers from my RC hobbies so it does not have to come with these accessories. I like the looks of the KWA G36c and the SL9 Elite. However I know nothing about them and have seen many mixed reviews. Not real fond of the AK style guns (their looks). American assault rifles look good to me also. Also gun should be relatively quiet and does not need to kick.

If your son has an unmodified Sniper Rifle...its not a "sniper Rifle". Its a bolt action rifle and you will destroy him with short burst of fire. Your range will exceed his.

KWA G36 are no longer made. The rights to G36 is now owned by Umarex and KWA had to stop selling it as their own.

I would recommend to you a G&P that is a M4 Variant of some type. AEG (new), one hicap magazine, battery $420.00 shipped for the good ones not found at online stores.

AEG's don't "kick" they may twitch a bit from the "recoil shock" models...but not in the real term "Kick".

If you want one I can have one out the door to you tomorrow...

Edited by Guges Mk3

If your son has an unmodified Sniper Rifle...its not a "sniper Rifle". Its a bolt action rifle and you will destroy him with short burst of fire. Your range will exceed his.

KWA G36 are no longer made. The rights to G36 is now owned by Umarex and KWA had to stop selling it as their own.

I would recommend to you a G&P that is a M4 Variant of some type. AEG (new), one hicap magazine, battery $420.00 shipped for the good ones not found at online stores.

AEG's don't "kick" they may twitch a bit from the "recoil shock" models...but not in the real term "Kick".

If you want one I can have one out the door to you tomorrow...

My son has a Ares mcm700x. How much range does he have? Is that a good gun?

Your recommending a G&P M4? Which one? What do you mean by good one not found in online store? Sorry if these are Newbie questions.

Well, most if not all G&P M4s are the same internally(I forget if they have a sportline or not, I haven't been looking recently), so it's mostly up to what you think looks good.

And by not found in online stores he means he has it and he'll sell it to you. :a-laugh:

After searching the ARES... damn it is expensive, and it's range I will safely say is maybe 100 feet? but that's a guess from watching how the gun shoots.

Well, most if not all G&P M4s are the same internally(I forget if they have a sportline or not, I haven't been looking recently), so it's mostly up to what you think looks good.

And by not found in online stores he means he has it and he'll sell it to you. :a-laugh:

After searching the ARES... damn it is expensive, and it's range I will safely say is maybe 100 feet? but that's a guess from watching how the gun shoots.

So 100ft on his gun.. That doesn't sound like a problem.

So far I am now looking at the G&P Magpul M4 and the Elite Force 4CRS. Does anyone have experience with either of these? Will the G&P accept a 11.1 LiPo Like the 4CRS?

Also Guges Mk3 can you give me some info on the G&P M4 you talked about selling?

Thank you all for your help.

Edited by Joshwaa

So far I am now looking at the G&P Magpul M4 and the Elite Force 4CRS. Does anyone have experience with either of these? Will either accept a 7.4 or 11.1 LiPo?

Also Guges Mk3 can you give me some info on the G&P M4 you talked about selling?

Any gun you'll be looking at can safely run a 7.4v. An 11.1v would not be the best thing, and will wear out your stock gearbox parts a lot faster. I personally don't think you need an 11.1v, especially in your scenario. I think a 7.4v suits you, or a 9.6v NiMh.

However its probably more rational to use lipos since you already have them available to you.

I also recommend buying from Guges, hes a great seller, Ive bought a couple things off him.

So far I am now looking at the G&P Magpul M4 and the Elite Force 4CRS. Does anyone have experience with either of these? Will the G&P accept a 11.1 LiPo Like the 4CRS?

Those are easily found. I would go with the G&P because it is more well known and the parts are better. I have and had over 5 G&P magpuls m4s and they were amazing. Now I'm only down to one which is a tan one and I can sell it to you if you're interested. It is upgraded and can take 11.1v lipo.

To your questions, any gun can use 11.1v lipos. However, if you don't have a mosfet, the lipo will burn your trigger contact and that will be a problem for you.

I think I am leaning towards the Elite. Plus the 1 year warranty sounds nice.

One question can either the G&P Magpul M4 or the EF 4CRS be upgraded to the Polarstar system later if I choose?

Starting to feel like just buying both.

Thanks again for the help!

I do not know if you read statement before or not..."do not Apply American Consumerism to Airsoft Guns". It does not apply. 1 Year warranty means absolutely nothing of value if the vendor "deems" you misused the AEG, Warranty is null and void.

Yes, you can Polarstar these AEG's.

FYI: I am the Broker for the Minnesota Airsoft Association. Been getting "good" AEG's for our club for over 13 years. I slide in extra items to take advantage of the shipping from overseas.

I have these AEG's available:

VFC - $440.00 shipped

vfc_aeg_mk18mod1fde_l.jpg

AA - $320.00 shipped

aa_aeg_05_l.jpg

G&P Rapid Fire II - THe Suppressor has a barrel extension in it that gives the AEG an additional 50fps versus having it off. - $400.00

gp_aeg_aeg062_l.jpg

G&P Viper AEG - $450.00 Shipped

gp_aeg_900_l.jpg

VFC 416 Asian Version - $450.00 shipped

uma_aeg_lhk416_bk83_l.jpg

Hello all,

Get a KWA km16, my brother has it and it was very accurate out of the box with a fairly good hop up. You will want a tight bore barrel for basically any gun you want to shoot accurately. I recommend a Prometheus, Madbull python, or magic box tight bore barrel. I hope this helps you out.

We get a lot of fathers at the shop on weekends when they drop off their kids to play, and we've had our fair share of champs and lemons so we typically get into a group discussion about what is a good, lightweight but durable, responsive and comfortable first gun for these guys, (sometimes gals). Usually we end up stuck between 2 models, a bullpup based aeg or an m4/m16 based aeg. Bullpups in my opinion are the most comfortable due to the rear loading magazine giving your more unobstructed room to hold the gun the way that fits you best, I'm sure g&p has a few models, m4 series aeg's are the easiest modify, I buy ics for their split gearboxes making upgrades more manageable. If you're looking to polarize your gun definitely go for a g&p or vfc model m4 with a full metal body, but if you want to bond with your kids you should stick with an aeg for a bit, you don't want to outshine them because there will be some agitation and resentment if your gun is too good. Best of luck with your shopping.

We get a lot of fathers at the shop on weekends when they drop off their kids to play, and we've had our fair share of champs and lemons so we typically get into a group discussion about what is a good, lightweight but durable, responsive and comfortable first gun for these guys, (sometimes gals). Usually we end up stuck between 2 models, a bullpup based aeg or an m4/m16 based aeg. Bullpups in my opinion are the most comfortable due to the rear loading magazine giving your more unobstructed room to hold the gun the way that fits you best, I'm sure g&p has a few models, m4 series aeg's are the easiest modify, I buy ics for their split gearboxes making upgrades more manageable. If you're looking to polarize your gun definitely go for a g&p or vfc model m4 with a full metal body, but if you want to bond with your kids you should stick with an aeg for a bit, you don't want to outshine them because there will be some agitation and resentment if your gun is too good. Best of luck with your shopping.

Thanks for this Chaos. Yea I would not let them have lesser equip than me, unless that they wanted lesser things by choice. My older kid has an ARES sniper and a pistol, and my middle son has dual pistols. Youngest son turns 1 this Thursday so mom says no airsoft for him. :)

I have made my choice an getting the G&P Rapid fire 2, seems the best for me. Let me know any opinions you have on that AEG. Thanks again.

Well first off kwa is the best aeg manufacture out in the airsoft market. If you like the g36 style and m4 style go to evike or gi and look under the kwa section. You will find many kwa m4s that will fit you price range. Also they have a g36, an sr25 I believe and a few other models that you would most likley like.

Well first off kwa is the best aeg manufacture out in the airsoft market.

If you honestly think that.

You need to look at other makers before you make this statement.

There is absolutely "no best maker". I can cite many instances of deficiencies with all makers. If you can't...you should learn about the "others" too.

Edited by Guges Mk3

Well first off kwa is the best aeg manufacture out in the airsoft market.

Leave and never ever come back. I won't even fire a warning shot. GO. NOW.

If you are still here answer this: what makes them the best AEG manufacturer out in the airsoft market?

Leave and never ever come back. I won't even fire a warning shot. GO. NOW.

If you are still here answer this: what makes them the best AEG manufacturer out in the airsoft market?

name another manufacture in that price range that makes great quality aeg's. have you even owned a kwa. I have many friends that have their aeg's and they are the best.

what would you say jg... ha don't talk about what you don't know about. name another manufacture then kwa (not counting polarstar) that makes better rifles... com'on.

don't be pissed off because a new user gave better advice then you.

also theyare the best, 2gx gearbox tried and true (even though you will probly dis that)

they have amazing external build quality.

they a good rof stock.

also for begginers the fps is good to.

also they make a sportline for the people who can't afford a higher end 1.

now for you. why are they not the best?

also you run a jg g36 so don't talk. I run a higher quality gun.

you should have bought the kwa g36 (Licensed and a better gun even if you did upgrade the jg.

Edited by Raptorairsoft1

name another manufacture in that price range that makes great quality aeg's. have you even owned a kwa. I have many friends that have their aeg's and they are the best.

what would you say jg... ha don't talk about what you don't know about. name another manufacture then kwa (not counting polarstar) that makes better rifles... com'on.

don't be pissed off because a new user gave better advice then you.

also theyare the best, 2gx gearbox tried and true (even though you will probly dis that)

they have amazing external build quality.

they a good rof stock.

also for begginers the fps is good to.

also they make a sportline for the people who can't afford a higher end 1.

now for you. why are they not the best?

also you run a jg g36 so don't talk. I run a higher quality gun.

you should have bought the kwa g36 (Licensed and a better gun even if you did upgrade the jg.

You obviously haven't seen a G&P or a VFC up close and personal have you?

Honestly, to be a good judge of Airsoft you have to be unbiased and objective. If you can't do that...your just a brand fan boy.

Can you even name a weakness in the KWA line of products? Every line has one and I mean EVERY line.

Yes I have seen a g&p and a vfc. If fact one guy at my playing field showed off his hk416 and I got to hold and examine it. Those 2 companies are very good but not as good as kwa. Kwa's problem are mostly just the replacement parts are hard to find and not all mags fit in them. I know a lot about airsoft and I can say kwa out performs all other guns in their price range. Don't call me a "brand fan boy" just because I praised kwa if I say the same thing about vfc or g&p people would still have been b*tching about it.

I've used a KWA and seen a KWA M4. My JG G36 which you call crap outranged that thing and I managed to actually hit the guy I aimed at.

Sure, my JG stock wasn't the bestest evarr, but I upgraded it with what it needed and it was a great gun.

Another company? Hmmm let's see. G&P, VFC(their 416 is amazing), LCT, Real Sword, hell even TM. All of those are amazing guns and I'm pretty sure all can perform just as good as your KWA out of the box. I would even say ICS is a close competitor to KWA.

And I don't want to start a full on flame war here, but I will talk because I use a JG. That can had been literally beat to hell and still functioned. I got it for $100 about two years ago and for the price, it is the best gun you could have bought.

You are a fanboy, you praised VFC and G&P but then said "KWA is the best still". Their 2GX gearbox is their downside. They are proprietary guns, you cannot get good upgrade parts and the gun is overpriced for what they want for it.

Now don't get me wrong, I like some KWA products, I've fired their USP models and they are amazing guns. But they are not the best and you saying so is just not right.

Now please do not flame anymore, you just bombed this guys' thread.

PS I'm not pissed because you didn't give better advice :a-wink:

I've used a KWA and seen a KWA M4. My JG G36 which you call crap outranged that thing and I managed to actually hit the guy I aimed at.

Sure, my JG stock wasn't the bestest evarr, but I upgraded it with what it needed and it was a great gun.

Another company? Hmmm let's see. G&P, VFC(their 416 is amazing), LCT, Real Sword, hell even TM. All of those are amazing guns and I'm pretty sure all can perform just as good as your KWA out of the box. I would even say ICS is a close competitor to KWA.

And I don't want to start a full on flame war here, but I will talk because I use a JG. That can had been literally beat to hell and still functioned. I got it for $100 about two years ago and for the price, it is the best gun you could have bought.

You are a fanboy, you praised VFC and G&P but then said "KWA is the best still". Their 2GX gearbox is their downside. They are proprietary guns, you cannot get good upgrade parts and the gun is overpriced for what they want for it.

Now don't get me wrong, I like some KWA products, I've fired their USP models and they are amazing guns. But they are not the best and you saying so is just not right.

Now please do not flame anymore, you just bombed this guys' thread.

PS I'm not pissed because you didn't give better advice :a-wink:

Whatever, btw real sword doesn't make an m4 style gun, mostly ak style guns and he doesn't want an ak.