Sign in to follow this  
Sh4dow

Who makes the best AKs?

I want to get an AK at some point. I was thinking about getting a G&G because I've heard they are some of the best. However, I also heard that CYMA AKs perform as well as G&G AKs for half the price and without the proprietary parts. I've also heard that G&G's blowback system can cause problems/break. I want something that's real metal/real wood, very accurate, very good range, good out of box, and full size/field gun (I.e. 860-900mm or so). Price isn't much of an issue. Preferably around 400fps out of box but I can get the spring changed if necessary. Some I'm looking at right now are G&G GKM, G&G RK47, and CYMA CM042. Thanks.

Edited by Sh4dow

Neither are best, but I must say CYMA AKs are pretty nice. I have never used or seen a G&G so I would not know how they perform, but I'd assume the blowback would be a nuisance.

Wow, going for greatness I see...

If you don't have a budget, look at the RS Type 56 and LCT AKs. They're rather nice.

By the way there isn't really a set "best" in airsoft, so you will have to do with "some of the nicer ones".

Wow, going for greatness I see...

If you don't have a budget, look at the RS Type 56 and LCT AKs. They're rather nice.

By the way there isn't really a set "best" in airsoft, so you will have to do with "some of the nicer ones".

I have a budget to some extent, I'm not going to spend $1000. I just don't want to get a $200 gun that ends up being junk if I could get a high end one for $400 instead. I looked into both brands you suggested, it looks like they're hard to find for sale. How is their accuracy going to compare to G&G? Is there anything else better than G&G?

You have to buy them overseas. They're pretty accurate, and rather durable. And I think that the CYMA and G&G are the only real other good brands I know of(other than maybe TM), but I'd look for an LCT or RS still.

You have to buy them overseas. They're pretty accurate, and rather durable. And I think that the CYMA and G&G are the only real other good brands I know of(other than maybe TM), but I'd look for an LCT or RS still.

Thanks. I don't want TM because I don't want plastic. In what order would those four brands (LCT, RS, G&G, CYMA) rank in terms of out-of-box accuracy/range?

G&G slaps worse than LCT internals into LCT kits. They also have the 11.1v lipo handguard battery and blowback gimmicks whoopee

if you cant afford an RS Type, take your pick of whichever model looks best to you: http://www.foxairsoft.com/airsoft-guns/lct-airsoft/

Thank you. Will LCT and RS work with mags and flash hiders produced by other companies? And if I go with RS, do you know where the best place to buy them is?

Thank you. Will LCT and RS work with mags and flash hiders produced by other companies? And if I go with RS, do you know where the best place to buy them is?

I think EHobbyAsia might be the only place that has RS right now, you can also order direct from RS themselves. Shipping won't be cheap from either..

Flash hiders should be good to go for both, just make sure you don't get the weird ~24mm ones or if you do get an adapter. LCT seems to prefer smaller TM/G&P/Mag brand mags, for RS anything bigger like Cyma/DBoys mags is best.

I completely forgot about E&L, I don't know if anyone has done a gearbox review yet but the externals should be extremely sturdy. I would advise against being a guinea pig though.

I've own a few Cyma CM036s(non wood) and dollar for dollar they can't be beat. I picked them up for a little over 100.00 each last year and they're still running strong. The ones I had even came with bearing spring guides. They both shot around 440fps.. loc.